Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR stopps running and doesn't restart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

TOR stopps running and doesn't restart

Hey,

I have a TOR middle relay on a 64MB ram VPS. I set an AccountingMaxLimit so the server should stop when it reaches 8GB in one way. And this should be resetted everyday at 00:00, but the TOR relay doesn't start again. I don't know if the server crashs or if it's because of this limitation and the TOR relay doesn't start again. My other TOR relays run great.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Maybe your host is killing the process? I hope your not running that on your lowendspirit vps..

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Maybe your host is killing the process? I hope your not running that on your lowendspirit vps..

Today I was thinking about using my idle LES for it, but than I saw the thread about it and I had to agree with them.

http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=392

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

I don't know if the server crashs

Couldn't you just check whether it's still running or not?

ps -Af | grep tor

I hope your not running that on your lowendspirit vps..
    on a 64MB ram VPS.

What other VPS do you think he is running this on. And yeah, 64 MB is very low for Tor.

• trexostrexos Member
    edited August 2013

Thanks for your answers.

No, it's not running. I already checked that. I'm going to reinstall the whole VPS now and reinstall TOR.

Edit: Till now it runs great :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Some time ago, meaning a few good years, I found out 128 MB xen cant handle 800+ kbps without running out of memory now and then. Things might have changed, however, since then, I am making sure there are at least 192 MB for a VM, at times 256 for heavy traffic ones. Not worth it saving a few MB if that means starting to drop packets and ruin people's experience.