Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E5v2-SAT-1-16 availability from SoYouStart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

E5v2-SAT-1-16 availability from SoYouStart

Hello

I am interested in E5v2-SAT-1-16 from SoYouStart offer but everytime I check it is unavailable, I would like to ask about your opinion, it is hard to hunt like kimsufi's KS-1 or I just have bad luck?

The same situation is with OP-SAT-1-32 but in this case I also need your opinion, is this server wordh it? In both cases I would like to use it as a VPS node for 2 VPSes, one with DirectAdmin and other one with cpanel installed on it. but I never use AMD Opteron before and AMD processor in general on any server, so can you tell me if this will be a good choice or not? I think that E5v2-SAT-1-16 has better CPU so I assume that will be better but since it is unavailable, I consider the opteron one.

P.S in both VPS I will install centos 7 if thats matter and probably I will use OpenVZ due to the lower overload than in KVM.

Comments

• http://kimi.nwwebsites.co.uk/

Setup for an email to get notified when its available

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • marson said: , it is hard to hunt like kimsufi's KS-1 or I just have bad luck?

I'd say it's harder, KS-1's become available at least once on most days.

• If you watch, you can find them. At one point, I had 3 KS-1s. I let them all go last month.

I don't think the OP-SAT is worth it, because it's just 6c/6t for an aging Opteron. The v2 is still 4/8, but it isn't a bad price. You could easily slice any of these into SEVERAL KVMs/OpenVZs.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. Of the two, I'd take the E5, of course, but they're both perfectly fine for general use.

KVM will take more resources, yes, but you get a better understanding of system administration and much better abilities to run non-Linux based hosts, and won't be stuck on a proprietary 2.6.x kernel.

I suggest signing up for check.ovh, which is managed by a forum member, and just check your email often.

• thanks for this checkers and for your advices, great like always on LET

• Also the "new" E3-1231v3 should be on your short list

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers/173sys32.xml

• That's a Major problem with SoyouStart but you should keep an eye closely as they become available from time to time .Last time we were with them they really worth it
    I don't know you selection criteria but I think this E5v2-SAT-1-64 is very handy If you are targeting something big.

• marsonmarson Member
    edited October 2017

@huskyvps said:
    I don't know you selection criteria but I think this E5v2-SAT-1-64 is very handy If you >are
    targeting something big.

At this time I have

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz

16 GB RAM

2x2TB

from online.net summer sale for 25 euro, I have DirectAdmin control panel on it and owncloud + 3 small account and I am happy with it but my colleague ask me if I can divide my server and participate in its cost, he also have DirectAdmin control panel + another 3 or 4 small account, total disk usage for this moment + OwnCloud will be around 300 GB and 3 TB monthly transfer. I think that better option could be to cancel online's dedicated and rent one from SYS with better CPU, because I am affraid that this CPU from online.net could be too weak.

• Can anyone explain this link to me? I see that this is an order link but what is it? On polish SYS website E5v2-SAT-1-16 is still unavailable, and checker is also silent since yesterday, also do I need second account to complete the order from the provided link or may I use the polish one?

• @marson said:

Can anyone explain this link to me? I see that this is an order link but what is it? On polish SYS website E5v2-SAT-1-16 is still unavailable, and checker is also silent since yesterday, also do I need second account to complete the order from the provided link or may I use the polish one?

link is for E3-SAT-3-32 Server - E3-1245v2 - 32GB - SoftRaid 2x2TB - 1 month

• @marson said:

@huskyvps said:
    I don't know you selection criteria but I think this E5v2-SAT-1-64 is very handy If you >are
    targeting something big.

At this time I have

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31220 @ 3.10GHz

16 GB RAM

2x2TB

from online.net summer sale for 25 euro, I have DirectAdmin control panel on it and owncloud + 3 small account and I am happy with it but my colleague ask me if I can divide my server and participate in its cost, he also have DirectAdmin control panel + another 3 or 4 small account, total disk usage for this moment + OwnCloud will be around 300 GB and 3 TB monthly transfer. I think that better option could be to cancel online's dedicated and rent one from SYS with better CPU, because I am affraid that this CPU from online.net could be too weak.

Then I recommend E5v2-SAT-1-64 It won't cost much if you are participating with others and it would give you more than the neede ram and its cpu is great

• @marson It's in stock right now.

• unfortunately E5v2-SAT-1-32 - E5-1620v2 is only available in Canada not in France, also please tell me, is there a way to select certain datacenter during order? I ask because the SoYouStart representative told me that the best option would be to select server in Strasburg because it is closest to Poland, where I am from, but I don't see such option anywhere, but in the past I saw some methods to pass an extra arguments to URLs on OVH site to place an order in specific datacenter so maybe here is the same?

• WSSWSS Member

If the machine is available, it will give you the option of choosing your datacenter.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

No, only directly at OVH you can choose the datacenter.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2017

You can check availability servers on this page: checkservers.ovh

Update every minute.