Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mxroute not showing raw DKIM record?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mxroute not showing raw DKIM record?

Hello folks,

Has anybody experienced an issue with the Mxroute London server where it's not showing the raw DKIM line to use? I have input a screenshot below showing what it should show and what it does show.

What it shows:

What it's meant to show:

Comments

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited September 2017

It doesn't show in the cPanel interface.

You must check dig @ghost.mxroute.com TXT default._domainkey.yourdomain.com +short (replace ghost.mxroute.com with the server hosting your product and yourdomain.com with your domain.)

It's different for each domain, too.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@jiggawattz said:
    It doesn't show in the cPanel interface.

You must check dig @ghost.mxroute.com TXT default._domainkey.yourdomain.com +short (replace ghost.mxroute.com with the server hosting your product and yourdomain.com with your domain.)

It's different for each domain, too.

When trying to use their DKIM guide, I get the following response "No response received from london.mxroute.com."

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Just disable DKIM, problem solved! @jarland suggested it to me before and it has had zero impact on deliverability.

• Not sure about London server, but it is possible on Australian one. Open your cPanel, then Zone Editor, select your domain and press Manage. It's there. Just keep in mind that those records are long (410 chars) so some of DNS services and domain registrars doesn't support them.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@Harambe said:
    Just disable DKIM, problem solved! @jarland suggested it to me before and it has had zero impact on deliverability.

I specifically paid more so that I could use DKIM.

EDIT: Antreides' method worked, right at the bottom under "Zone Editor". Thanks for the help.

• @jarland doesn't like DKIM.

• 6ixth said: EDIT: Antreides' method worked, right at the bottom under "Zone Editor". Thanks for the help.

Did you send a test email? If the DNS server is timing out, hosts won't be able to verify DKIM signatures.

• Zone editor is how you should get the DKIM key. But honestly, just disable it.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2017

Why do you need DKIM? If it's about inbox delivery, disable it and try me without it. Trust me on that one :)

If it's about security, doesn't matter because there's no penalty for spoofing email without the signature at any major email provider, so the end user can only have extra security if they both expect it and know how to look for it... Which is basically almost no one.

Also I stopped hosting DNS on the new servers. I guess I need to turn on the DNS server anyway for this, but really prefer to save people the hassle because most try to use it to improve deliverability and it doesn't do that unless something else is wrong.

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited September 2017

@jiggawattz said:

6ixth said: EDIT: Antreides' method worked, right at the bottom under "Zone Editor". Thanks for the help.

Did you send a test email? If the DNS server is timing out, hosts won't be able to verify DKIM signatures.
    @jiggawattz said:

6ixth said: EDIT: Antreides' method worked, right at the bottom under "Zone Editor". Thanks for the help.

Yes, I've sent a test email and DKIM was verified based on what was inside of the Zone Editor.

@jarland - I used it to improve email deliverability, whilst for the majority of the times it won't be required, I won't be surprised when I find a host that will flat out deny an email due to no DKIM records. I need 100% guaranteed to inbox, so may as well have it if I have the option to use it.

@6ixth said:

@jiggawattz said:

@jiggawattz said:

Yes, I've sent a test email and DKIM was verified based on what was inside of the Zone Editor.

@jarland - I used it to improve email deliverability, whilst for the majority of the times it won't be required, I won't be surprised when I find a host that will flat out deny an email due to no DKIM records.

I've literally never witnessed a provider that required DKIM. Out of roughly 600,000 emails sent per month, reviewing data has never returned such a scenario that I've seen.

That said, I'm getting dressed now and I'll enable the DNS on London in about 30-ish minutes.

Done, tutorial should work now.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

There's no such thing like 100% guaranteed to go to inbox, even for £9999999999999(...) monthly.

Thanked by 1jar
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

I actually gave myself more problems when I started using (supporting) DKIM. Good times. Good times!

If I didn't manage my own DNS I would have been going batshit for a couple hours (thanks to my 6 hour TTL)

Thanked by 1jar

@Clouvider said:
    There's no such thing like 100% guaranteed to go to inbox, even for £9999999999999(...) monthly.

True, but I'll try damn hard to help you get there for pennies :)

Thanked by 3Clouvider Waldo19 WSS
  • @jarland said:
    I'll try damn hard to help you get there...)

I keep telling my wife this but I don't always come through. :( the urge to sleep is so powerful at times!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Waldo19 Get an extra set of batteries.

• @WSS said:
    @Waldo19 Get an extra set of batteries.

Actually looking into something called trimix.

• Well that went from mildly amusing to mildly disheartening.

• @WSS said:
    Well that went from mildly amusing to mildly disheartening.

I joke, I joke.
    Sometimes anyway.

• Don't toy with our emotions you limp fag!

• 6ixth said: I used it to improve email deliverability

I agree with @Jarland having no DKIM doesn't effect deliverability one little bit, but under some circumstances having dkim signed email can cause more issue that it worth.

I will give you a example few month back i sent an email to friend who had his emails set to get forwarded to a other email address when the email got forwarded some of the email header got modified by the mail server that broken the dkim the email got rejected at the server it was forwarded to since it was setup to do dkim validation.

But if i sent the email without signing it dkim it would of got to my friend no issue as you can't have a dkim validation issue when you don't sign it in the first place.

• @Razza said: I will give you a example few month back i sent an email to friend who had his emails set to get forwarded to a other email address when the email got forwarded some of the email header got modified by the mail server that broken the dkim the email got rejected at the server it was forwarded to since it was setup to do dkim validation.

But if i sent the email without signing it dkim it would of got to my friend no issue as you can't have a dkim validation issue when you don't sign it in the first place.

So DKIM worked as it was supposed to! This is good news for DKIM.

Thanked by 1Razza
  • RazzaRazza Member
    edited September 2017

angstrom said: So DKIM worked as it was supposed to! This is good news for DKIM.

I know that it work like it supposed, I was just saying that dkim could be annoying sometime e.g. if you send a email to a other email address that is config as a forwarder.

• @Razza said:

angstrom said: So DKIM worked as it was supposed to! This is good news for DKIM.

I know that it work like it supposed, I was just saying dkim could be a pain sometime e.g. if you sent a email to a other email address that is config as a forwarder.

Yes, I know, I was giving you a hard time. :-)

But: The problem is not with DKIM but rather with how the forwarding is done. See, for example:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/175365?hl=en

• @WSS said:
    Don't toy with our emotions you limp fag!

Careful, liberals are gonna be upset you're using the word fag to describe something/someone in a negative light.

• WSSWSS Member

You can't be sweaty all the time.