Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affordable VPS or Dedicated with Quality Network - 10GB+ RAM, 32GB+ SSD, <$12/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Affordable VPS or Dedicated with Quality Network - 10GB+ RAM, 32GB+ SSD, <$12/month

MalleyHostMalleyHost Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

I'm currently hosting my services on a dedicated server with a discount. It has a good network (stable connection), and that's what I want the most. I can do a VPS, VDS, or Dedicated Server. The problem is I can't buy another box with them.

So, what I'm looking for is a server (VPS or not) with a good network.

Network: Stable, Good Connections

CPU: 2+ Cores or 4+ Cores

RAM: 10-12GB+ RAM

SSD Disk: 32GB-128GB+ SSD Disk Space

Bandwidth: 500GB+

Locations: Canada, Montreal, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, United Kingdom, France
(open to more).

Virtualization: If not KVM, Xen or OpenVZ on not a overcrowded server.

$12 a month or less.

The ideal choice would be for a KVM or non-overcrowded Xen/OpenVZ with 4 CPU cores and 12GB RAM. Could anyone help out?

Comments

• MalleyHostMalleyHost Member
    edited September 2017

My current dedicated server specs from ServerRoom:

AMD Opteron™ X2150 APU 1.5GHz 4 + Hyper-Threading, 8GB RAM, 32GB SSD $7.00/mo and 12GB RAM 64GB SSD $11/mo

Could someone help me on a new VPS or dedicated? Thanks!

• Doubtful for your price range. Good luck!

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @cociu had some nice cheap stuff, but not on ssd and with very small disk.

• Thanks. Looking for something reasonable. :)

• SpeedyKVM NYC-SSD-62. Quality and dedicated ressources. They also have an excellent network (10Gbit).

https://speedykvm.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=33

• Netcup will be 13EUR paid yearly but fits your specs:

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1561

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bersybersy Member
    edited September 2017

I think netcup is your best bet, it's based on KVM and comes with dedi cores. Check VPSDime too.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • Virmach? Went digging a bit a while back and saved all the offers that are good but I had no use for. This is last year's cyber monday deal.

KVM with 8GB ram (10 or 12 GB is pushing it too much) with 4 cores, 100GB RAID 10 SSD, 4TB @ 1gbps shared port, free Windows licensing, and free DDoS protection for only $10/month.

Use this link. Use coupon LEB2016G8 to get $30 off your order and get it at $10.

Enjoy! Wondering what Virmach comes up for this year's black friday and cyber monday deals..

(aff link)

• @Edmond said:
    Virmach? Went digging a bit a while back and saved all the offers that are good but I had no use for. This is last year's cyber monday deal.

KVM with 8GB ram (10 or 12 GB is pushing it too much) with 4 cores, 100GB RAID 10 SSD, 4TB @ 1gbps shared port, free Windows licensing, and free DDoS protection for only $10/month.

Use this link. Use coupon LEB2016G8 to get $30 off your order and get it at $10.

Enjoy! Wondering what Virmach comes up for this year's black friday and cyber monday deals..

(aff link)

Yea, not working.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited October 2017

@TheOnlyDK said:

@Edmond said:
    Virmach? Went digging a bit a while back and saved all the offers that are good but I had no use for. This is last year's cyber monday deal.

(aff link)

Yea, not working.

Swear it was working when I checked two hours ago, I guess they came here and deleted it before anyone ordered anyway....

Edit: they screwed up on their post.... LEBBF2016G8 is the real code. That code was written on the post but the link contained a different code, didn't check that..

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
    edited October 2017

Virmach has a strict policy of no CPU usage except for bursts. So, I asked if 4-7% continuous usage is okay, they said no. But thank you Edmond. :)

• WSSWSS Member
    edited October 2017

You can pay a little extra to get "CPU priority" before you check out. Their pre-purchase chat group don't really understand anything.

edited October 2017

Yeah, I think you're right on that. CPU priority is almost double the monthly cost for the VPS.

Right now with serverroom we're paying, $7.00 for a dedi with 8GB RAM, 32GB SSD
    and another box for 12GB RAM 64GB SSD $11/mo

If I could get anything like that even on a VPS, it'd work.

(I know it's low budget now, but there used to be options.)

• WSSWSS Member

You're not going to find that sort of pricing anywhere unless it's a new brand, a sale, or you have pictures of them (nearly) naked.

@Francisco?

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog ucxo
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited October 2017

https://billing.virmach.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=32

Long story short, keep it under 50%, and you should be just fine. Again, @Virmach, sometimes it's better to be offline. ;)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @MalleyHost Ya... it's not a dedicated server you know. From directly the AUP:

High CPU: Customer’s Service cannot burst to 95-100% usage for more than five (5) minutes and cannot average higher than 50% usage within any two (2) hour period. Packages advertised to include dedicated CPU, Services with the high CPU option, and any customized Service plans that include high CPU option may burst to 100% at all times.

I mean you can hit over 50% for a good while, the 95-100% thing isn't usually that enforced that badly, I mean when I start applications, instant 100%. When I update, usually hits 100% for a bit, like 10 minutes? I mean if it's too often, your pushing your luck a bit on nodewatch not suspending the VPS, but you can have it like at 75% for a good while, just make sure it comes back down before two hours is up..

Long story short, like was said above, just keep it averaging 50% or lower and you'll be fine. Dedicated core from them is quite expensive however....

• Huh, can't believe that code is still is active. Is that offer still up or is it oversight on their part? Would jump on it if it weren't for the terribad routing (min. +50ms more latency than it should be) all Virmach locations have to Asia. Just need to decide if 190ms is acceptable for my use....

• @smallet said:
    Huh, can't believe that code is still is active. Is that offer still up or is it oversight on their part? Would jump on it if it weren't for the terribad routing (min. +50ms more latency than it should be) all Virmach locations have to Asia. Just need to decide if 190ms is acceptable for my use....

Well it depends on what Colocrossing has (AS36352) on peering. Well really, it depends on what the peers have, like Telia, GTT, Choopa, etc. I checked and at least one of the bandwidth providers has key Asian locations, what exactly are you looking for anyway?

• Our $7 configurations have a limit of 1 per customer.

Email florin at serverroom.net and i’ll set you up with another server.

Thanks!

@MalleyHost said:
    I'm currently hosting my services on a dedicated server with a discount. It has a good network (stable connection), and that's what I want the most. I can do a VPS, VDS, or Dedicated Server. The problem is I can't buy another box with them.

So, what I'm looking for is a server (VPS or not) with a good network.

Network: Stable, Good Connections

CPU: 2+ Cores or 4+ Cores

RAM: 10-12GB+ RAM

SSD Disk: 32GB-128GB+ SSD Disk Space

Bandwidth: 500GB+

Locations: Canada, Montreal, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, United Kingdom, France
    (open to more).

Virtualization: If not KVM, Xen or OpenVZ on not a overcrowded server.

$12 a month or less.

The ideal choice would be for a KVM or non-overcrowded Xen/OpenVZ with 4 CPU cores and 12GB RAM. Could anyone help out?