Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestion KS 2G - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestion KS 2G

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

For those that will attempt transfer, please read the procedure, you may change your mind :)

• @Maounique said:
    For those that will attempt transfer, please read the procedure, you may change your mind :)

why, do they require a contract signed with blood?

• tuxtux Member

No, they need ID card or passport copy.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Master_Bo said:
    why, do they require a contract signed with blood?

I wanted to transfer mine to M, the procedure form (at least the Italian one) state that I need to send via snail mail (other than the form with seal and signature):

• "originale dell'estratto K-bis (convalidato da meno
      di 3 mesi) / estratto di pubblicazione a J.O e status
      con data e firma (per le associazioni) o equivalente
      secondo il vostro paese"

• "un attestato (originale), su carta intestata
      dell'organizzazione, certificando il potere di agire in
      nome dell'organismo (proprietario) attuale."

• "fotocopia della carta d'identità del proprietario della
      società"

The recipient need to send ID/passport and sign the same form (not clear if it must be a single form signed by both or two)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2013

Word has it that with the FR-located servers it is enough to simply edit all three kinds of contacts (Administrative / Billing / Technical) in the ManagerV3, and after a minute or so the transfer is done, the server disappears from the previous owner's panel, and appears in the recipient's.

The above does not seem to apply to Canada servers, and may not apply to KS-2013, though.

@rm_ said:
    Word has it that with the FR-located servers it is enough to simply edit all three kinds of contacts (Administrative / Billing / Technical) in the ManagerV3, and after a minute or so the transfer is done, the server disappears from the previous owner's panel, and appears in the recipient's.

The above does not seem to apply to Canada servers, and may not apply to KS-2013, though.

Trying it now, thanks :-)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Let us know if it works, I'm thinking to transfer my FR Kimsufi too.

@rm_ said:
    Let us know if it works, I'm thinking to transfer my FR Kimsufi too.

doesnt work, it give "Internal error". I don't know if it's due to the contact (M after all never got a service from OVH) or is a general response...

• xsetxset Member
    edited August 2013

@prometeus once you create an account you should be good to go, but if it doesnt work...

@xset said:
    prometeus once you create an account you should be good to go, but if it doesnt work...

Its not a big problem, M has access to my account and I'm not a big fan of ovh (they kicked me out with a running and paid server 6 years ago because they decided to not offer service to Italian anymore) :-)

• xsetxset Member

@prometeus But now they allow Italy again?

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited August 2013

we can try with a 2013 ks2g, i have an account , who wants to transfer his/her ks2g 2013 :)

• I think i'll turn my KS2G into a general webbox with Ajaxplorer to make use of the 500gb storage and some website control panel (any recommendations?) in case i need some quick webhosting.

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited August 2013

ovh has an ispconfig template for webhosting...

• xsetxset Member

@gsrdgrdghd why do you need a web frontend for something you can manage via ssh console?

• @xset said:
    gsrdgrdghd why do you need a web frontend for something you can manage via ssh console?

I don't need one but it makes quickly setting up websites much easier

edited August 2013

@xset said:
    prometeus But now they allow Italy again?

I'm not sure if I'm able to explain you my frustration of the time

I rented a kimsufi to host a few charitable organization's sites and was running for some months

FR884108     2006-12-24 07:11:23     19.99      
     FR837877    2006-11-19 11:05:33     19.99  
     FR803500    2006-10-18 10:17:07     19.99      
     FR781225    2006-09-27 21:52:48     19.99

In january I paid for a quarter and received confirmation. Then discovered that my service was going to be terminated in 5 days.

very very bad.

• xsetxset Member

@prometeus did you get your money back?

edited August 2013

@xset said:
    prometeus did you get your money back?

tbh I don't remember (so I can suppose yes), in my mail I have the receipt and a few reference to the old tts (links don't works anymore). But at time €60 were less than I was paid for an hour of work(I was consulting for some banks), so money wasn't the problem, time however was ;-)

Roubaix, 2007-01-20 8:40:12
    Dear Sir or Madam,

Welcome to OVH !

We confirm the receipt of your payment by cb,
     corresponding to order no. 2617648

Your order no. 2617648 is processed.

Thank you for having confidence in us.

Yours sincerely,
    OVH Client Service Panel

• xsetxset Member

@prometeus how is it nowadays? less than 60€/hour ?

We don't do consulting anymore, as cto of prometeus and cd lan I'm already too busy :-)
    Anyway when I did prometeus rates were from 50 to 100 euro per hour depending on the lenght of the contract and the skill requested.

• pcanpcan Member

@xset said: But now they allow Italy again?

They now have a small italian sales office. @prometeus: you can phone them it you have questions about the transfer procedure, they are usually helpful. The documents you listed are the same they wanted when I requested a service transfer from our french subsidiary to the headquarter.

There is also a italian technical support: I never tried for kismufi, but I guess they support VIP service subscribers only. I found that any higher level technical issue or after hours request is either routed to the french support staff, or queued to next business day italian support. I suppose this could be true for most of the OVH supported languages. My experience says that a ticket in good french language is the best option for fast and accurate answers. My issues with the french language are the spelling and the correct translation of common technical terms. French people are picky on this. The free translation service at systranet web site seems to be far better than google translate: http://www.systranet.com/systranet/translate/ . Basic knowledge of french language is still needed: the service has limited vocabulary and sometimes produces garbage results. Should this happen, I slightly change the wording of my language until I am satisfied with the translation.

@pcan said:

@prometeus: you can phone them it you have questions about the transfer procedure, they are usually helpful

Thanks, but there is no need, as I said M already has access to my ovh account :-)
    I thought the procedure was more simple...

• @prometeus said:
    ... In january I paid for a quarter and received confirmation. Then discovered that my service was going to be terminated in 5 days

Very strange. Have they explained the reasons for cancellation?

@Master_Bo said:
    Very strange. Have they explained the reasons for cancellation?

they just changed the rules and decided to not give services to Italians (and almost all other countries of the world but a few) anymore.

I never received an official statement about this, nor notice abous this happening, the server even if renewed was suspended and then terminated, I wasn't the only one, I discovered all Italian were marked as hackers, fraudsters and whatnot (words of our friend oles):

http://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php?p=63069&posted=1#post63069

this was the thread I opened when ovh didn't reply to my requestes:

http://forum.kimsufi.com/archive/index.php/t-1121.html

There were other threads in other forums. I lost all interest had to move the sites in a hurry and cancelled ovh from my personal list marking them as unreliable.

:-)

• Master_BoMaster_Bo Member
    edited August 2013

@prometeus said:
    they just changed the rules and decided to not give services to Italians (and almost all other countries of the world but a few) anymore.

Well, the very concept of rules being retroactive is awkward. Even worse is when there are false reasons to cancel services, as those you mentioned.

I hope you had enough time to save sites.

I lost all interest had to move the sites in a hurry and cancelled ovh from my personal list marking them as unreliable.

Exactly my case. I listed "OVH sins", the worst being retroactive rules changes and silence in response to my support tickets/social media messages.

C'est la vie, as they say, perhaps. :)

Update: I used the mentioned links in corresponding part of my final post about OVH at VPSeer. Just as illustration.

• @Infinity580
    You could operate a XMPP (jabber) server. I'd give you a domain, that I bought a time ago, for free.

• @prometeus, it seems that their policy operates in circles. They used to restrict service to the non-French. Then they allowed others on the pre-2013 Kimsufi, and have come a full circle to the 2013 lineup, where they've again restricted access to non-EU. Oles comments on your thread comes across as distinctly prejudiced.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

He makes a point in replying in French. At least he could write good French, not like 14 yo. Perhaps ES was also speaking French in his view.

On travaile (sic !) pas avec les italiens, les hackeurs et les gens qui paient avec les cartes bancaires volés

Uncle told me about that, however, I didnt expect it written so clear. The poles probably appreciate a lot the same treatment they receive in UK, for example.