Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Account Validation [Question]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Account Validation [Question]

Greetings. I'm planning on using OVH for my hosting although I really need to know what all they ask about account verification after you register. I heard car titles, bills, licenses, etc. Although, I need to know /exactly/ what I'm looking for. Since they don't like responding to my emails. (hehe.)

Comments

• Basically what they will all want.

• They'll let you know.

Thanked by 1Zer0
  • They will ask for passport/drivers license for proof of identity and something like a bank statement for proof of address.

Thanked by 1Zer0
  • Passport excluded if you live in the US and never been to another country?

• Also, was the car title thing a joke? Or do they really ask that? A question like a car title is a bit... Odd...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Zer0 said:
    Passport excluded if you live in the US and never been to another country?

Generally some form of government issued identification, and proof of address (utility bill, etc.)

Thanked by 1Zer0
  • @MikeA said:

@Zer0 said:
    Passport excluded if you live in the US and never been to another country?

Generally some form of government issued identification, and proof of address (utility bill, etc.)

Good deal. Also that car title thing. Was that true. Sorry, I was just pretty curious.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited September 2017

From an email with them just a few days ago through the ovh.ie side of the house -

Your account needs to be validated for you to be able to proceed with the payment of your order. To validate your account we require you to send us a picture or scan of the following documents:

>

-Photo ID (Driver Licence or Passport)
    -Proof of Address (Utility Bill or Bank Statement)

>

If you have created a company account we also require:
    -Company registration documents (Linking the user to the company)

>

Once we receive these documents we can validate your account.

Pretty much the same as what others have said :)

Thanked by 1Zer0
  • @MasonR said:
    From an email with them just a few days ago through the ovh.ie side of the house -

Your account needs to be validated for you to be able to proceed with the payment of your order. To validate your account we require you to send us a picture or scan of the following documents:

>

-Photo ID (Driver Licence or Passport)
    -Proof of Address (Utility Bill or Bank Statement)

>

If you have created a company account we also require:
    -Company registration documents (Linking the user to the company)

>

Once we receive these documents we can validate your account.

Pretty much the same as what others have said :)

Ah, yes. That's all good then. I was just p shocked when it said car title.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Zer0 said:
    Ah, yes. That's all good then. I was just p shocked when it said car title.

I highly doubt that would ever be asked for unless that was literally the only document that ties your name to your address, which is highly unlikely.

• ..also they only take payment by MoneyGram and they can flip your bill 10x on Instagram (not related)!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2017

Provided just an ID once several years ago, have had multiple accounts (different login systems on this or that domain of theirs). Nothing else since.

• Proof of identity and proof of address. I had to submit these two documents.

• BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
    edited September 2017

one of my client registered yesterday. they haven't asked for anything yet and servers are up.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@BecomeWebHost said:
    one of my client registered yesterday. they haven't asked for anything yet and servers are up.

It seems like OVH doesn't require verification documents from residents of certain EU countries.

• @CConner said:

@BecomeWebHost said:

It seems like OVH doesn't require verification documents from residents of certain EU countries.

client is from Thailand. and it also didn't asked me for any verification (registered ~1 year ago). I am from India.

it don't ask for verification most of the time...

• abbyp88abbyp88 Member
    edited September 2017

I didn't realize they had an option of a US account when I purchased my first one. They asked for verification there (US drivers license and bank statement worked. Later that month I realized they had US accounts that charge USD which is cheaper with conversion rates. EU couldn't just move my server or anythung with that account so had to create an new account. They didn't ask for verification on that side.

• I never was asked for verification... I have been using them for a little over a year now and it's working perfectly fine.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

I seem to recall OVH giving me hell to authenticate myself, but @DatabasebyDesignLLC is still my personal favorite. They were like "Papers, please, you Yeti fuck!"

Thanked by 2MasonR AuroraZ
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2017

Had to verify as well. (I provided a Canadian drivers license + bank statement.)

Edit: I got verified in a few hours :)

• until marriage card or booklet, they need or "please doing photo selfy with your id card or passport" Gosh....

• @d2itsme said:
    until marriage card or booklet, they need or "please doing photo selfy with your id card or passport" Gosh....

Are you propositioning me, youngun'!?

• @WSS said:
    Are you propositioning me, youngun'!?

Yes I am but indirectly through @d2itsme who is obviously a catfish

Thanked by 1WSS
  • or mayhaps a daft troll, pretending to be a wee bitty bot ...?

• :D , I'm not in this thread again

• @Linkhost @d2itsme is more of a mungfish, I think.