Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any alternative to mxroute? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any alternative to mxroute?

2»

Comments

• Razza said: The step i've done where on the Ovh uk manager which i think will work on any of the Ovh managers.

Click on order then dns zone,select yes to activate minimal entries, after you do that click on next then pay, you will get a invoice for 0.00 the payment method will be free validation just click next on that enter the captcha then click confirm you should get Your order has been validated which mean the free order been marked as paid within about 20 mins the dns zone should be added to your ovh account.

Then you should be able to do a Mxplan order.

Just tried this. Have to verify my account that I have had for a few years now before the DNS zone is added.

• jarland said: I believe I found your ticket. Please get back to me and explain if you can :)

Jarland did indeed found my ticket and provided a valid reason, the problem was more mine then mxroute's system. I am still trying to find a way to solve my issue as I love everything he made(other then this occasion where a service I use monthly is getting affected.)

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@belinik said:

jarland said: I believe I found your ticket. Please get back to me and explain if you can :)

Jarland did indeed found my ticket and provided a valid reason, the problem was more mine then mxroute's system. I am still trying to find a way to solve my issue as I love everything he made(other then this occasion where a service I use monthly is getting affected.)

Actually I don't think it is your problem, I think someone else is doing a really really bad thing, and may need to be called out publicly for just how bad of a thing they're doing. You should share here when our ticket is done, I think I have some goodies for you ;)

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Radi Thanks for giving our a cheap email hosting provider, i will be using that since am a fucking cheapo motherfucker.

And a good alternative cheap cheap cheap to Mxroute not a fan of the owner of Mxroute.

• @Radi said:
    Go here, login in the up right corner with your OVH login,
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/order/email/domain/new/{duration}#POST For

Hmm it seems there is no 2 factor authentication possible with roundcube ?

edited September 2017

leb_anonymous said: not a fan of the owner of Mxroute

Right back at ya I'm sure :)

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • @WSS said:
    In the way-way-wayback time of BSD, some smartass registered [email protected]. They didn't make them give it up. In 1996ish, there was like 200MB of messages a day that got sent there. I cant' even imagine that being worth the worst vanity email address in the world.

Too bad, I only have {myusername}@hotmail.com

@maxwell said:

@Radi said:
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/order/email/domain/new/{duration}#POST For

Hmm it seems there is no 2 factor authentication possible with roundcube ?

Roundcube typically uses IMAP to connect, which does not support any kind of two factor authentication. Only workaround is through some kind of in house one time use/single app password thing like Google offers, or getting email clients to build in support for your service like Google does, which is a large ask for anyone not the size of Google.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • Yep. Keep your shit locked down and rotate your passwords, folks. I really wanted to use mxroute, but jarland has been busy with real life (when not cleaning up myother messes). I've been very happy with MailCheap, however.

I only wish they offered SMTP (node/ip level) relay for less than $60. It's a pain to have to auth to send from a host not intended as a MTA- but Pavin gave me a working config for that!

• Waldo19Waldo19 Member
    edited September 2017

@WSS said:
    Yep. Keep your shit locked down and rotate your passwords, folks. I really wanted to use mxroute, but jarland has been busy with real life (when not cleaning up myother amesses). I've been very happy with MailCheap, however.

I only wish they offered SMTP (node/ip level) relay for less than $60. It's a pain to have to auth to send from a host not intended as a MTA- but Pavin gave me a working config for that!

Agree. Really wish @mailcheap had cheaper relays for smaller folks on reseller plans, with a sites that don't get a lot of mail. But looking forward to tying them at some point soon.

• Contact Pavin to see if he has a plan for your needs.

@Waldo19 said:

@WSS said:
    Yep. Keep your shit locked down and rotate your passwords, folks. I really wanted to use mxroute, but jarland has been busy with real life (when not cleaning up myother amesses). I've been very happy with MailCheap, however.

Agree. Really wish @mailcheap had cheaper relays for smaller folks on reseller plans, with a sites that don't get a lot of mail. But looking forward to tying them at some point soon.

A big problem with small needs there is the high potential for "I thought my needs were small but then the WordPress I haven't updated in six years got compromised and now all of my IPs are blacklisted, I didn't read the policy, and I need you to fix it."

Have a feeling this would be 75% of his $5 customers if he had a $5 relay ;)

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @jarland said:
    A big problem with small needs there is the high potential for "I thought my needs were small but then the WordPress I haven't updated in six years got compromised and now all of my IPs are blacklisted, I didn't read the policy, and I need you to fix it."

Fait argument, with merit. However his cheapest relay is rated for a million emails..... Im not knocking his price point for what he offers. Just wishing he had a smaller plan. I'll have to drop him a PM soon.

• @jarland said:

Likely. $60 is a hell of an opener for someone who just wants to get system messages without having to manage a whole MTA, though. :/

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Waldo19 said: Agree. Really wish @mailcheap had cheaper relays for smaller folks on reseller plans, with a sites that don't get a lot of mail. But looking forward to tying them at some point soon.

Why don't you try one of our small Mailchannels plans?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @gleert I know I've considered it, but your lowest volume offering is still more expensive than @mailcheap's cheapest advertised plan. :)

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

WSS said: @gleert I know I've considered it, but your lowest volume offering is still more expensive than @mailcheap's cheapest advertised plan. :)

If you mean $/emails sent then your right, but if you need a low volume than we have offerings starting at just 2€/month....

• WSSWSS Member
    edited October 2017

#2/mo is #24/yr, and Pavin starts out at 20/yr. It's a negligible difference. If that includes SMTP relay without auth for whitelisted IPs, well, it's certainly worth it. ;)

• jarland said: Roundcube typically uses IMAP to connect, which does not support any kind of two factor authentication.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=roundcube+2fa

finds a bunch of possible implementations (I didn't look into them individually). It shouldn't be THAT big a deal to add it if enough people wanted it.

• @jarland said:

leb_anonymous said: not a fan of the owner of Mxroute

Right back at ya I'm sure :)

I too dislike this jarland guy, always being nice and whatnot. What a jerk.

Thanked by 1jar
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited October 2017

lion said: Yes, tried several ones that i own.

You need to add it to your OVH manager, then once it appears under "domains" it'll work.

This is not a transfer to OVH, just adding it to OVH's DNS servers. I use CloudFlare and GoDaddy for my domain and it works fine with OVH's mail servers once you configure the MX settings

• WSSWSS Member

Xir knew what Xie was getting into at the Xime.

Every time someone uses one of those "I'm a stupid idiot and I should crawl up my ass and start chewing" pronouns, I pretend they're that annoying Zima guy, only they're trying to sell testicle mutilation instead of really bland malt liquor.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @Radi said:
    https://api.ovh.com/console/#/order/email/domain/new/{duration}#POST For duration put down 12 and domain put down your domain and for the offer select the offer (The numbers mean count of mailboxes and FULL means 1000 mailboxes) and then click "Execute" and under result click on the order URL, pay for it and bam, you have email hosting. :)

Prices are:
    5 Mailboxes - 5 euro onetime

25 Mailboxes - 14 euro onetime

100 Mailboxes - 24 euro onetime

1000 Mailboxes - 29 euro onetime

Thanks go to @ethancedrik

I am using it for a few months now and no issues ever since. Sometimes the webmail doesn't load the messages, but you need to just relog and it is fixed. For the price paid, it is perfect.

I am probably late in this race but would you mind confirming if x number of mailboxes can be used for different domains? Like I purchase 25 mailboxes & used 5 for domain A, 5 for domain B and so one or all of those 25 can only be used with domain name it is purchased with?

• As you have to enter the domain to order, I doubt you can then change it only for a few domains.

Mxplan free for 1 mailbox / 1 domain is (I think) still available though.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@Sady Sorry for the late reply. You buy one mxplan per domain.

• I can't say about the ovh hosting. But if you chose to join the "King of spambots", make sure you don't use their email services. Because ovh features some of the worst spambots, they are blocked from many services. Freemailers still sort their emails into the spam folder - many professional addresses will be unreachable for you.

I know I have blacklisted them and they are on many blacklists and will fail DNSBL. Most companies rely on these lists.

But if you're a spammer, by all means, join them.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • LeeLee Veteran

I still get on fine with Google, sure I pay whatever it is, about £10 monthly but never had an issue. I actually like outlook.com better but the spam I got was too much to manage daily, never get any with Google.

• As long as use yandex domain, it's fine until now