Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zoolz 1TB Lifetime holiday offer through email ($29.99 onetime)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Zoolz 1TB Lifetime holiday offer through email ($29.99 onetime)

Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member
edited September 2017 in General

Hi all,
Got an email from Zoolz about their 1TB lifetime offer.
Its just US$29.99 and the link is http://home.zoolz.com/1tb-lifetime-holiday-offer/

Iam not their affiliate..Just sharing the email details. Looks very nice offer. Unfortunately, I couldn't take as my entropay wallet is not enough :(

Comments

• Is it any competition or cheaper replacement to backblaze personal backup which I am using atm? Tbh, I won't mind paying $5 pm for secure backups of personal data if it ain't.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

From the horses' mouth:

You: Hi. What do you define as "lifetime" service? I don't see anything in the ToS or Product Agreement. Thank you!

Daniel B: Its a onetime payment

You: OK. Is there a specific timeframe defined as "Lifetime"?

Daniel B: However if you upgrade your upgrades will be charged as a subscription

Daniel B: no there is not it will be for life

You: Ah. I see. That's good to know. Thank you for the clarification!

So, they're at least stating that if you do anything other than use what you initially paid for, it's now a subscription. "Lifetime" is vague and not stated as a given time anywhere on their site. I'd be a bit wary.

@jetchirag said:
    Is it any competition or cheaper replacement to backblaze personal backup which I am using atm? Tbh, I won't mind paying $5 pm for secure backups of personal data if it ain't.

When was the last time "Lifetime" meant more than "Service Lifetime"? Other than people holding office far beyond their use-by date?

Thanked by 1jetchirag
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

People are still falling for "one time payment lifetime service" scams?

Thanked by 2WebProject Clouvider
  • @rm_ said:

Clod@Co$T is still online.

• Any information about their company's lifetime? (age, notable clients, country of registration)

• **No confidence. **

Thanked by 2Waldo19 Chuck
  • Zoolz is an automatic backup tool that backs up your data to the Amazon AWS secure >storage servers. Unlike many of the other online or cloud backup solutions out there that >backup your data to their private servers.

http://wiki.zoolz.com/is-zoolz-hipaa-ferpa-sas-70-safe-harbor-iso-9001-iso-27001or-pci-compliant/

Uhhh

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017
       Updated Date: 2015-08-08T03:41:40Z
       Creation Date: 2011-09-16T07:08:08Z
       Registry Expiry Date: 2018-09-16T07:08:08Z

See for yourself. It was parked in 2003, a front end for a search in 2009 that just used Google, parked in 2011, a 4GB free host in 2012, and they claimed to be created by Genie9 (which itself started in 2005), and says NOTHING about that now. However, Genie9 still claims it (Cloud Backup).

Their "Product Partners" is a good old fashioned Web 1.0 trick- if you buy or use their services, you advertise that you "work with" these large Fortune500s.

The existing product has been rebooted since 2013. I wouldn't expect it to make it to 2020- and that's being very generous.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • I hate this word "Lifetime"
    Always ends badly

Thanked by 2ehab Clouvider
  • What a shitty name.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

@FredQc said:
    What a shitty name.

LoozeZoolz.com isn't registered, and neither is LoozeZtoolz.com!

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2017

WSS said: I wouldn't expect it to make it to 2020- and that's being very generous.

That's at least a hamster's lifetime for which the offer is good for. Nobody mentioned humans.

Thanked by 2WSS exception0x876
  • @rm_ said:

I consider if it was a short promo. Like if backblaze had did this, it sure wasn't scam but short promo.

Anyways, I'm happy with them.

• That's a lifetime service until the end life of your account comes, which can be done anytime by the staff -- that's my understanding of "lifetime".

Thanked by 1PremiumN
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@msg7086 said:
    That's a lifetime service until the end life of your account comes, which can be done anytime by the staff -- that's my understanding of "lifetime".

1TB for the lifetime of the account ;)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Lifetime until deadpool'ed

Thanked by 2WSS default
  • Tbh I trust 1Fichiers "lifetime" to be longer than this one. And it's not like I trust 1Fichier eyes closed.

• WSS said: LoozeZoolz.com isn't registered, and neither is LoozeZtoolz.com!

Loolz? Droolz?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

If you go here, you can get 75GB "Lifetime Free" storage, _but you must be a business_ - it actually doesn't say that on the signup page or ToS. It's 25GB active, and 50GB cold.

• I got the same

• WSSWSS Member
    edited September 2017

Oh, and they're possibly renting "Temporary Office Space" in London. You get free internet, and they provide administrative staff if required. Seems shonky.

@willie said:

WSS said: LoozeZoolz.com isn't registered, and neither is LoozeZtoolz.com!

Loolz? Droolz?

Trololololoolz Guy!

• Thanked by 1Ympker
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2017

Free Storage?! Lifetime storage?! What sorcery is this? Is this some kind of global conspiracy to get our private and precious data?

First STACK (Transip), now Zoolz, what's next?

NOTE: If I were to upload 1TB of pron in 1TB of storage, how much pron would I have in that storage, 50 years from now?

• @default said:
    NOTE: If I were to upload 1TB of pron in 1TB of storage, how much pron would I have in that storage, 50 years from now?

Just enough, because you'd end up fucked even if they managed to survive long enough to outlive our primitive mediatypes.

• Gotta love LET.... Best investigators around. There should be a official thread for vetting people/businesses.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Waldo19 said:
    Gotta love LET.... Best investigators around. There should be a official thread for vetting people/businesses.

Nothing can beat @jarland's Prout detection skills.

I would put money on there being an entire wall in his house that looks like this:

• Is lifetime the company's lifetime or my lifetime? In the latter case, can my children inherit it after I die?

• @Hybrid said:
    Is lifetime the company's lifetime or my lifetime? In the latter case, can my children inherit it after I die?

I doubt you will find (m)any lifetime offers in this market that take the clients lifetime as a value instead.