Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

get free DDOS protection with your 2.99 dedicated OVH KS 2G till 2015
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

get free DDOS protection with your 2.99 dedicated OVH KS 2G till 2015

I contacted the support about the 1eur monthly fee for DDOS protection, effective when beta test will be over in September and answer was that my best option to keep using that feature for free is to renew for one additional year my contract now at 2,99*12 so i won't be affected with new renewal prices till the end of my contract.

So maybe it could be a good idea to renew this terrific promotion now for an additional year.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, perhaps, but the ppl which got it are very few, most of us got the shaft... So, not only that they got it, but also, free DDoS protection, I am green :(

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

won't be affected with new renewal prices till the end of my contract.

And maybe even after that too, if you renew by 12 months each time. Oles said those on 12-month payment cycle are not getting the price increase, in this case the DDoS protection is "included":

However, if you sign up for a whole year, then DDoS protection is included, so the service price does not change. -- http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/11442/ovh-eu-ddos-mitigation

Paying 2.99*12 = 35.88 EUR instead of 47.88 if monthly, saves you 12 EUR or whole 25% on this server, indeed sounds like a pretty good idea.

• What happens if I got kicked out before my contract period ends? (That is my biggest fear of OVH, getting kicked out for some random bullshit)

• AFAIK (and ovh support confirmed it in a ticket) new prices will affect only renewals, so if you ordered your box for one year you'll enjoy free DDOS protection for 12 months. Maybe if your order gets deleted because you paid via paypal and you have to reorder before the new prices come into effect, you had better not getting just the 3 months contract, but a longer one.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There is no stock now, so cant reorder, since new prices start september... I imagine that is when new stock will return. Even so, I am a little weary of paying with cc and sending them a copy, hackers got their clientelle data before.

• @rm_ said:
    And maybe even after that too, if you renew by 12 months each time. Oles said those on 12-month payment cycle are not getting the price increase, in this case the DDoS protection is "included":

I also asked about that, but the sales support guy had no official communication on that point, so their suggestion was to renew in advance to avoid the 33% price increase (or, if you prefer to get the 25% discount)