Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers that have isolated private network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers that have isolated private network

causecause Member
edited September 2017 in General

Please post let range providers that support private/internal networking between one's own vm or dedis.
The private means that the network must be unmetered and securely isolated from other users.

Hourly instance

• Vultr
  • Amazon Lightsail (connect to VPC)
  • IDCF cloud (openstack tenant network)
  • Lunanode (openstack tenant network)

VPS

• Loveservers KVM (on request)
  • HostHatch (unconfirmed, link?)
  • OVH VPS SSD (openstack tenant network)

Dedi

• Online.net (not scaleway) (RPN avaiable only for higher plans that out of let range)
  • Clouvider dedis (on request)

Not Isolated

VM has a kind of Private IP but not isolated from the other users.

• Digital Ocean
  • Scaleway
  • Linode
  • BuyVM
  • Hetzner

Comments

• Afaik, BuyVM has unlimited internal bandwidth.

Thanked by 1cause
  • BuyVM has internal IPs but I think the internal network is shared between users. Internal bw is unlimited(?) at least within the same DC.

OVH has a VLAN/vRack product, don't remember what it's called. They also have "private cloud" which is ridiculously expensive compared to just getting dedis from them.

Hetzner has unlimited bw between Hetzner servers including across DC's, but no private addresses for that purpose. You could set up some ipv6 subnets with firewalls. They also have a private cloud product that's priced reasonably, with some kind of virtual net. That might also be available through their regular servers with flexipacks.

Lunanode has private networks with openstack. Atlantic.net might also have it. DO has something like it, within the same DC. I had thought this was one of the features of "cloud" services vs. normal VM hosts.

I'm sure there's more like that out there. I haven't needed it so haven't looked into it much.

• HostHatch, Wishosting

• @willie said:
    BuyVM has internal IPs but I think the internal network is shared between users. Internal bw is unlimited(?) at least within the same DC.

OVH has a VLAN/vRack product, don't remember what it's called. They also have "private cloud" which is ridiculously expensive compared to just getting dedis from them.

Hetzner has unlimited bw between Hetzner servers including across DC's, but no private addresses for that purpose. You could set up some ipv6 subnets with firewalls. They also have a private cloud product that's priced reasonably, with some kind of virtual net. That might also be available through their regular servers with flexipacks.

Lunanode has private networks with openstack. Atlantic.net might also have it. DO has something like it, within the same DC. I had thought this was one of the features of "cloud" services vs. normal VM hosts.

I'm sure there's more like that out there. I haven't needed it so haven't looked into it much.

I thought you can get some kind of vRack service with your dedi from them for free. But the last time I checked, internal connections were limited to 10mbps unless you paid for a upgrade. But not every plan comes with it anyway, OVH doesn't meter you for bandwidth anyway, so just use the public address...

Thanked by 1cause
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We do for Dedicated; we can also do it intro-locations between our PoPs with VPLS.

Free of charge.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

willie said: BuyVM has internal IPs but I think the internal network is shared between users. Internal bw is unlimited(?) at least within the same DC.

Correct.

In the (near?) future I want to have all the locations interlinked.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Thanks for comments. Edited to reflect your info.

I think DO's private segment were shared with other users. It seems OVH has some but out of let range.

And please post if the feature is available on panel as a basic feature or on request for manual deployment.

• Online.net's RPN (real private network, whatever that means) is also out of LET range, at least for the fast version. They are real weird about what speed you get depending on the server. Some come with 100 mbit, some with 1 gbit, some with none at all.

Thanked by 1cause
  • We offer private networking on our VPSs. It is not isolated but available in our control panel.

• Worth noting that with DigitalOcean's private network, although you can reach other customers via it, the firewall feature within their panel applies to the private network on your droplets.

You could use a firewall rule and tags to configure your droplets by default to only accept traffic on the private interface from your own droplets.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @cause said:
    Thanks for comments. Edited to reflect your info.

I think DO's private segment were shared with other users. It seems OVH has some but out of let range.

And please post if the feature is available on panel as a basic feature or on request for manual deployment.

How is $3.5 for 2gb of ram not LET range???

• @AlexJones

Well, their base plans don't have private networking. It's that simple.

• I think @vmhaus offers private IPs over OVH vRack?

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • @cause said:
    Thanks for comments. Edited to reflect your info.

With OVH you can enable it on the vps range so how is that not LET range? Sure its not actually a "vps" but a cloud instance so you would have to create a cloud project and launch the instance from the cloud section in their control panel but it has the same resources for the same price. That way you can enable the vrack function plus its launched via openstack so you have all the extra things you can do like firewall, cli, api, custom metadata,...

• causecause Member
    edited September 2017

Thanks @Vinnyletje. I supposed to private cloud instances. I have missed the VPS SSD line can be deployed onto tenant network.

Thanked by 1Vinnyletje
  • We do this aswell, on our VMware plans.

• @SpeedyKVM does, I believe. But I can't remember if it's unmetered for internal transfers.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • gisadikgisadik Banned, Member

@caracal said:
    @SpeedyKVM does, I believe. But I can't remember if it's unmetered for internal transfers.

Yes, unmetered and connects to unmetered internal network for our other brands. So you can mix a dedi and vps on the same internal network.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • We can do unmetered private network by request via support tickets at https://nicevps.net

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We offer that natively in our Public Cloud.

While creating network you can choose "advanced network" which can be traduced by NAT VM here.

All our offers have unmetered bandwidth but limited to 100 mbits speed.

• I believe upcloud has private internal network which is unmetered within and across DCs.

• @Abdullah is hosthatch's private network isolated from other users (a.k.a not shared)?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@caracal said:
    @SpeedyKVM does, I believe. But I can't remember if it's unmetered for internal transfers.

This is correct, we are happy to provide internal network on all of our products at SpeedyKVM with unmetered traffic. Also to note that Incero Auto Servers also have 1gbps Unmetered Internal Network Port, w/1x Internal IPv4 for the list.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Cloud.dk supports private networks: https://cloud.dk/en/networking/private-networks

• dyudyu Member

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan said:

@caracal said:

This is correct, we are happy to provide internal network on all of our products at SpeedyKVM with unmetered traffic. Also to note that Incero Auto Servers also have 1gbps Unmetered Internal Network Port, w/1x Internal IPv4 for the list.

@SpeedyKVM_Ryan Is the private internal network also available cross-dc? (e.g. offsite repication/backups from seattle to dallas)

• BecomeWebHostBecomeWebHost Member
    edited October 2017

on some dedicated servers : ovh have vrack.