Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beta testers - require another dev too!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

beta testers - require another dev too!

MSPNickMSPNick Member
edited September 2017 in General

So, after a lot of dripping about we got back to work, we've got back to work, we're not entirely finished yet, nor are we sort of close i'd say but we have a good functioning base, with additional features to come along with it...

i am looking for candidates to install mspvm on their servers so we can make sure it's functioning, it's been a very long term process but we can finally start deploying it in non-production environments.

what we're looking for mainly is feedback and comments on what to improve upon, so if that your the guy who is very opinionated i want to hear from you... without this i won't be able to move the product forward...

also, to note we're also looking to hire a few more developers to get on board so if you are looking for a job for a few months also let me know..

Comments

• I have a small 8gb ram server for my own proxmox testing and I don't have any problem to give it a try.

• Count me in. I have a couple of idling small servers (8GB ram, 4 cores) and wouldn't mind to throw it there for testing!

• @cpsd said:
    I have a small 8gb ram server for my own proxmox testing and I don't have any problem to give it a try.
    @jvnadr said:
    Count me in. I have a couple of idling small servers (8GB ram, 4 cores) and wouldn't mind to throw it there for testing!

Brilliant, you guys can PM me for skype information :)

• I would like to see experience your panel as well :)

• I'm in if you need another tester. :)

• you guy's can PM me for information, I am looking to get enough testers going as possible..

• What is it? I may be able to assist :-)

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2017

@ValueVPS_Dave said:
    What is it? I may be able to assist :-)

we've been on and off developing a VM panel for the last year, a few unfortunate things have happened and we started working just shy of a month or so ago again.

the hardest part is to make everything around the software that works.. ie, the controls, all user friendly etc etc..

we've been working on openvz -- we finished that within a couple of days (near year ago) and have been plodding around with the nitty gritty..

• Is it for open source or paid panel?

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2017

@robohost said:
    Is it for open source or paid panel?

will be paid, £1/mo/license, free beta tester licenses, and free access also until it's stable..

• any more interested? still requiring that developer..

• @MSPNick said:
    any more interested? still requiring that developer..

Front or backend?
    Also, might have a server i can try it on (Dell R210-2)

• @FoxelVox said:

@MSPNick said:

Front or backend?

front end

• @MSPNick said:

@FoxelVox said:

@MSPNick said:

Front or backend?

front end

HMU

• @MSPNick

Requiring developer(s)? It might be helpful to mention some basic parameters like language, db, etc. as well as most needed fields of expertise (web 2.0, security, db, ...).

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

If backend I can help

• edited September 2017

MSPNick said: any more interested? still requiring that developer..

I can do some frontend. If the gig is part-time. Will send a PM

• ValueVPS_DaveValueVPS_Dave Member
    edited September 2017

@MSPNick said:

@ValueVPS_Dave said:

we've been on and off developing a VM panel for the last year, a few unfortunate things have happened and we started working just shy of a month or so ago again.

the hardest part is to make everything around the software that works.. ie, the controls, all user friendly etc etc..

we've been working on openvz -- we finished that within a couple of days (near year ago) and have been plodding around with the nitty gritty..

I started working on a SolusVM compatible VM panel for my Degree earlier this year - never finished it but a lot of work was done...

https://www.screencast.com/t/2atc3fbd

https://www.screencast.com/t/8Qjl8Hcg

I was working mostly on the UI and decyphering the SolusVM database....

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

Its not as easy as I thought once , back in 2009 when i was young .

• @ValueVPS_Dave said:

@MSPNick said:

@ValueVPS_Dave said:

I started working on a SolusVM compatible VM panel for my Degree earlier this year - never finished it but a lot of work was done...

That's really nice actually, it's a great effort, it's not as easy as anyone thinks, we didn't do nothing regarding solusvm we pretty much started ground up.

@RIYAD said:

definitely not! taken a lot to get to the stage we are at unfortunately.

• @RIYAD said:

we were all younger in 2009 :/ life looked more promising. thank god anyway :)

• I have a few test machines at home and would be Interested in testing but I'm away until 18th of October

• @MSPNick said:

@ValueVPS_Dave said:

@MSPNick said:

@ValueVPS_Dave said:

That's really nice actually, it's a great effort, it's not as easy as anyone thinks, we didn't do nothing regarding solusvm we pretty much started ground up.

I wanted to make an easy migration path for those already using SolusVM... plus there are personal reasons that I wanted to offer a free alternative ;-)

• @ValueVPS_Dave said:

@MSPNick said:

@ValueVPS_Dave said:

@MSPNick said:

@ValueVPS_Dave said:

I wanted to make an easy migration path for those already using SolusVM... plus there are personal reasons that I wanted to offer a free alternative ;-)

We already have a migration path ironically. Was one of the 1st things we did lol

• @MSPNic

Would be nice to mention what developers you are looking for as in skillset (programming language etc)

• @Silvest said:
    @MSPNic

Would be nice to mention what developers you are looking for as in skillset (programming language etc)

Just look what questions and statements he answers - and what he ignores - and you know all you need to know (I asked that question, too)