Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HE.net problems yesterday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HE.net problems yesterday?

randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Did anyone else experience any problems with Hurricane Electric yesterday?

I'm in Lithuania right now and my DC in HK has HE.net connectivity, which seems to be the preferred route for most LT ISPs. Anything routing via HE.net looked to have 90% + packet loss. Not just my own servers, but everyone. It was resolved after about 6 - 7 hours. Testing from our US servers showed no problems, but this was definitely a problem for at least 2 different LT based ISPs. Wondering if this was an European problem or just an LT one.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Have you contacted HE.net NOC ? What did they said?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

No. It was a weekend and clearly wasn't a global problem. I figure it might be a Telia LT problem but just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced issues.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

There was a bgp leak from AS3216 the other day which I've been told caused similar problems for various carriers.

We don't have HE, but did see some problems for a few minutes.

• Didn't have any issues with HE in Riga yesterday, might be a Vilnius-Warsaw related problem

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

We didn't have any problems with HE in Amsterdam, Frankfurt, and Stockholm.

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Had HE problems between Zurich and Frankfurt (IPv4/IPv6, packetloss)

• hostfavhostfav Member, Host Rep

We did't have any issues with HE yesterday.

• We have faced issue on Saturday between 10 AM to 1PM PST.