Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server 8GB RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server 8GB RAM

Hi guys,

I'm looking for cheap dedicated servers. I was planning to go for Online.NET 29.99 euro deal (8GB RAM, 4x 3.1 AMD processor, 1 TB HDD, 20 TB Data). I need more additional IP's than just a maximum of 1. However, it keeps returning that I am not allowed to buy that server.

I'm with OneProvider, but they are reselling OVH's Kimsufi servers, so I am not quiet sure how long it will last until they will shut off their services.

So, these have been on my list:

• OVH (just 1 IP, no additional IP's offered)
  • OneProvider (reselling Kimsufi)
  • Hetzner (high setupfee)
  • Contabo (just bad)
  • DataShack (out of stock :(()

Which ones am I missing?

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

how many ips would you need?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i can give you 8gb ram dedi in the us, but before that you need to let me know how many dedis do you need and how many ips do you need?

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited August 2013

I need 1 IP for the host itself, and 2 for the VPS', so just 3 in total.

@Jack: You are right. I am seeking for EU dedicated servers, or dedicated servers in the US that have a low latency to the EU.

Looking for as low as $50 per month or lower.

• I need more additional IP's than just a maximum of 1

Online.net allow you to have a max of 6 don't they? (without upgrading service level)

• @LukeT said:
    Online.net allow you to have a max of 6 don't they? (without upgrading service level)

I wish they would be happy to buy a dedicated server from them. I just ran into an error: "You are not allowed to buy this product." Seems like it's French only.

• I'm english (UK) and they allowed me to order fine, you just have to use the right billing area as they have a french and an "international". Support speaks somewhat english too.

• @LukeT said:
    I'm english (UK) and they allowed me to order fine, you just have to use the right billing area as they have a french and an "international". Support speaks somewhat english too.

You are right. I just forgot to activate my e-mailaddress. I've simply never got that email. Ordered one at Online.

• Hetzner has a auction setting with no setup fee.

• Hmmm... JFYI, I see this server from online.net:

Dedibox Classic + Gen2 (29.99 EUR/mo)
    1x Xeon® E3 1220 V2 (4 cores @3.1Ghz, x64, VT)
    RAM: 8 Go DDR3
    HDD: 2x 1 Tb SATA2 7k2

Additional (failover, so they write) IPs are available up to 5.

Product page: http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-classic

I had no problems ordering that (I'm not in EU) in minutes.

• We will be having i5-4430 (Haswell 3ghz+), 8gb ram, 1tb hdd, 100mbit port @ 10tb for $49/month. Something to consider if you don't urgently need it. Likely be coming this month after Viawest finishes the physical work on our expansion.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited August 2013

Online.net has a E3-1220, 8GB, 2x1TB in stock, four left for international customers. 30EUR/month, 22.25 from today to Sept 1.

• Hetzner (high setupfee)

serverbidding.com no setup fee and they offer a 14-day full refund period if you're not satisfied with the server. IP pricing is the same as Hetzner's regular line.

• Keep in mind that the prices with OVH will rise on September 1st and their IP prices are also variable

• We can do a Dell R200 Dual Core/Low Spec QC, 8GB RAM, 10TB BW @ 100Meg, /29 for £32/month

This would be in London, UK.