Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS

XakiXaki Member
edited August 2013 in Requests

Hi

I know 1 or 2 months ago I opened a discussion to search for an offer in UK/France or in the worst situation NL.

So basically, I want to ask what providers, and what promotions are running right now for a budget of max 13€. I need a VPS capable to run some game servers, for example: TS3, Minecraft, SA:MP or MTA, and with some capability to handle Syn Floods.

Right now I have a OpenVZ VPS with DDoS protection (according to the provider) but when I receive a Syn Flood or DDoS what they do is block all the IP's from other countrys... That works, but people outside my country can't connect to my game servers.

I don't need anything with huge DDoS protection because we rarelly receive DDoS, and when we receive it's very small DoS, but Syn Flood attacks even from only 1 player (DoS) can take down a openVZ VPS with 1Gbit/s port (Idk if any host have a way to control that).

Is there any providers with offers at this price, on this countries?

Comments

• XakiXaki Member

No one?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

If US is option for you, we have filtered VPS in Seattle.

• XakiXaki Member

Nop, I need EU :(

• Our network is strong and can sustain small to medium sized ddos if you're open to a US location

• you might want to consider OVH's servers, they're going to offer DDoS protection in September (480Gbps)

• XakiXaki Member

But OVH offers (4GB) can come with only 1 core :s

And it's 3 months ...

• @Xaki They offer VPSs too.

• XakiXaki Member

Yap but the prices are horrible when compared to the kimsufi line xD

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

I would not recommend OVHs DDoS protection from my experience it has huge false positive issues leading to random disconnections etc. Im also sorry there isn't anything I can do in EU for that price anyway costs are just too high.

Best I can offer is filtering in Chicago or (soon) NY. But that is probably not what you want.

• @SplitIce It's in beta.

edited August 2013

@chauffer That is true, I can only speak for current experiences over the past few months however. It may get better, although I see it akin to Voxilitys default filtering, focusing on getting as much processed as quick as possible (and hence smallest cost). And hence the mitigation quality suffers.

Thats not to say if they are able to lift up their game we wont use them to offer sub $5 EU mitigation plans. In their current state however I wouldn't recommend them.

• @SplitIce said:
    Best I can offer is filtering in Chicago or (soon) NY. But that is probably not what you want.

Oh man that looks nice, I'll check it out.

• I can help you with that test ip: 87.98.156.57 Location France: Instant setup, all controls in whmcs, make sure you input the correct host name at signup (must be like this server1.anydomain.com) and in 60 seconds your vps will be running, you also have to boot your server when you log in to whmcs. Thanks

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Use anti syn flood and ddos software

• @Sonwebhost get out of this forum already, lol

• XakiXaki Member

@DewlanceVPS said:
    Use anti syn flood and ddos software

For example?

• XakiXaki Member

That doesn't work ;)

• SonwebhostSonwebhost Member
    edited August 2013

@chauffer I am so out of this forum

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Xaki said:
    That doesn't work ;)

Why?

Software protection is limited to what hardware can handle, even the smallest attacks now days are higher than that unfortunately.

Hence the @Xaki's assertion that it doesn't work. In fact it does work, just with severe limitations that make it only suitable for use with hardware based filtering.

• XakiXaki Member
    edited August 2013

I know that because I used that against attacks on two different VPS from different providers, they attacked me with a free stresser available on the web with a 50Mbit/s Syn Flood with DoS Deflated installed.

I tried to limit the connections manually on IP Tables but again.....

This on a 1Gbit/s shared port speed! Against normal UDP attacks 1Gbit/s + iptables works perfectly but against Syn Flood's no. Maybe it's the virtualization ? (OpenVZ).

Anyway
    Is there any provider selling VPS with good uptime & prices on this locations?

• you can see avanetco website have firewall us / germany / uae / russia / canada / cyprus vps

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@Xaki said:
    I know that because I used that against attacks on two different VPS from different providers, they attacked me with a free stresser available on the web with a 50Mbit/s Syn Flood with DoS Deflated installed.

Well if the SYN flood has randomized source IP's, then SYN cookies are the only way to go.

• If you can up your budget a bit I might be able to work something out. We are hosting all our Minecraft servers in SmartDC, owned by I3D. (One of the biggest game hosts in EU)

• XakiXaki Member

@taronyu said:
    If you can up your budget a bit I might be able to work something out. We are hosting all our Minecraft servers in SmartDC, owned by I3D. (One of the biggest game hosts in EU)

How much?

• XakiXaki Member

@Jack said:

I don't find anything at 30€ on i3D.net

• XakiXaki Member

Why the traffic appears 100Mbit/s and on others packs 10TB?

100Mbit/s shoud not be the bw?

• IvanIvan Member

@Xaki said:
    Why the traffic appears 100Mbit/s and on others packs 10TB?
    100Mbit/s shoud not be the bw?

100Mbit = 12.5MB so 100Mbit/s = 12.5MB/s bandwidth. You do the math to calculate how much that is per month :P

• XakiXaki Member
    edited August 2013

I don't understand. It appears 100Mbit/s port internet connection, and 100Mbit/s traffic this on the same package

What means 100Mbit/s traffic?