Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS in Singapore with ipv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS in Singapore with ipv6

NodePingNodePing Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

I'm looking for a network stable VPS in Singapore with the following minimal specs:

4 cpu cores

2GB RAM

5GB HD

1TB bandwidth

1 ipv4

1 ipv6

To narrow the field, I've already tried the following providers and found them wanting:

Terafire

OneAsiaHost

vpsnine/sharenet

SafeHouse Cloud

IndoVirtue

SimplerCloud

VPSFast

Budget is around $50/month, but the ipv4 and ipv6 networks need to be stable.

I am grateful for any offers or recommendations.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hey

Is that your monthly or yearly budget? Have you tried out Singapore location?

Alexander

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Check us out :)

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • AlexanderM said: Is that your monthly or yearly budget?

Sorry, left that out. Edited - monthly.

AlexanderM said: Have you tried out Singapore location?

Yes, I've tried vps in Singapore from several providers (listed). I'm not sure I understand your question.

• ExpertVM said: Check us out :)

You're prices are a little steep for my specs (4 cpu cores). Do you offer bespoke KVM?

@NodePing said:

AlexanderM said: Is that your monthly or yearly budget?

Sorry, left that out. Edited - monthly.

AlexanderM said: Have you tried out Singapore location?

Yes, I've tried vps in Singapore from several providers (listed). I'm not sure I understand your question.

Sorry on mobile and didn't look at what I said, we (HostUS) have a Singapore location with Softlayer and we come in at a fraction of your budget, according to your provider list you haven't tried us out.

Alexander

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AlexanderM said: we (HostUS) have a Singapore location

I've ordered one to kick the tires. Thanks.

Any other offers/recommendations are still welcome. I'd like to have 3-4 to try out (paid... I'll pay to try it out).

@NodePing said:

AlexanderM said: we (HostUS) have a Singapore location

I've ordered one to kick the tires. Thanks.

Any other offers/recommendations are still welcome. I'd like to have 3-4 to try out (paid... I'll pay to try it out).

Thanks for trying us out! Let me know if there is any problems or anything I can help out with.

Alexander

• AlexanderM said: trying us out

With Softlayer blocking all SMTP, your service isn't going to work for us.

I guess I'll need to start adding that to my requirements as this is the second network I've come across this week that has SMTP completely blocked with no whitelisting available.

We need to be able to run SMTP checks. The probes don't send any email at all - but they do connect to our customer's SMTP servers and verify those services are responding properly.

We're trying out @ExpertVM now but would love 1 or 2 providers more to try.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

Could just try out OVH's Singapore VPS if they're in stock. All of your requirements would be met minus the cores unless you use one of the highest plans. My dedicated servers in Singapore on their network has been stable except for the first month of that location being offered.

• MikeA said: All of your requirements would be met

Last time I tried an OVH vps, they didn't support ipv6. They do on their dedicated boxes but not on the vps. Do you know if this is still true?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@NodePing said:

MikeA said: All of your requirements would be met

Last time I tried an OVH vps, they didn't support ipv6. They do on their dedicated boxes but not on the vps. Do you know if this is still true?

Ah, wouldn't know really since I haven't used one but I think you're right. Either way I just checked and it looks like they're all out of stock anyways for Singapore.

• @treudler on OVH network, and seems like they add ipv6 recently

• OVH has advertised VPS w/ IPv6 as recently as 2016, but never answered twats at them to ask how to make it work.

• try linode, ipv6 active by default.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • Scaleway in Singapore?

• mgilang said: linode

I didn't realize they had a Singapore presence. I'll give them a shot.

WSS said: Scaleway

Scaleway cpus don't have enough guts. Our app is very sensitive to latency and our testing showed them choking, even on the dedicated hardware there. I haven't tried their Singapore location but I imagine it's the same. Any reason to think it would be different?

• @NodePing said:
    Scaleway cpus don't have enough guts. Our app is very sensitive to latency and our testing showed them choking, even on the dedicated hardware there. I haven't tried their Singapore location but I imagine it's the same. Any reason to think it would be different?

Not really. Offer to put them on your footer like @jarland - I mean DigitalOcean and see if they fix their shit?

• Leaseweb apparently gives IPv6 on request https://kb.leaseweb.com/display/KB/IPv6+address+assignment+and+usage+guidelines#IPv6addressassignmentandusageguidelines-ObtainingIPv6addresses

I just found out and just submitted a ticket so I can't vouch for their ipv6 network but their ipv4 network has been good to me. https://www.leaseweb.com/cloud/public/virtual-server

• NodePing said:

MikeA said: All of your requirements would be met

OVH singapore discovery VPS have IPv6. I set it up and didn't use it much. However, when I tried to use it just now, the only hosts that respond to OVH box's ping6 are all in Singapore. Even kimsufi doesn't respond to that ping.

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • layfon said: doesn't respond to that ping

Thanks for letting us know. Sounds like OVH still hasn't made ipv6 a priority.

• Vultr has Singapore

Thanked by 2NodePing ucxo
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Vultr in SG is pretty good and far under your budget given the specs.

Do you strictly need SG location or nearby location works as well?

Thanked by 1NodePing
  • randvegeta said: Do you strictly need SG location

Yes, I need SG specifically. I'm trying to get Vultr to unlock my account so I can give that location a shot. Thanks @Fusl and @randvegeta for the recommendation.

• Trying them out now as well. I hope one of these providers has a stable network. Thanks for the recommendation.

• ucxoucxo Member
    edited September 2017

Leaseweb only assigns /112, no matter how many industry standards you wave in their face. So a no-go for anything mail-related.
    DigitalOcean also has a Singapore POP, but only assigns /80, so no mail there either.*

That leaves Vultr, who assign standard-compliant /64s by default with no fuss required. I've primarily used their European infra so far, so can't vouch for SG, but they seem pretty solid in general.

* which is why I only recommend Vultr and UltraVPS in my signature, btw. They pay less for referrals, but their service is actually worth recommending.

• ucxo said: So a no-go for anything mail-related.

I don't see how a /112 for my mail-related monitoring described above is a problem. Can you explain?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

A /112 can be fine assuming thy reserve the other part of the /64.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @ucxo said: Leaseweb only assigns /112, no matter how many industry standards you wave in their face. So a no-go for anything mail-related.

I asked for a /64 and got one, but this was years ago.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2017

ucxo said: DigitalOcean also has a Singapore POP, but only assigns /80

/124. They don't call it that and just assign "16 IPv6" (like all those small-time one guy LET providers), but the 16 IPs happen to be sequential, so in effect constitute a /124. Oh and outgoing SMTP is blocked on DO IPv6 by the way, so you couldn't use them for that even if you wanted.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Leaseweb SG has had stellar uptime on my external SSH port monitoring.