Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time4VPS - Price increase, starting 4th of October
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Time4VPS - Price increase, starting 4th of October

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
edited September 2017 in Providers

"Hello,

Time4VPS team kindly informs you about the last chance to order Storage VPS packages for the lowest price available right now.

With effect from 4th October 2017, we shall have to increase the prices by 1.5 times on Storage VPS packages.

Important!

• All existing customers will not be affected by the price adjustment. It means the payment plan of your current active service will not change.

• All the Storage VPS packages are available at current prices until the 4th of October"

Thanked by 2bersy CookieByte

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I don't mean to piss on your breakfast mate but... LOL

Seriously though, This was obviously going to happen, despite them insisting it was sustainable, it clearly never was.

Thanked by 2sibaper Pwner
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    I don't mean to piss on your breakfast mate but... LOL

Seriously though, This was obviously going to happen, despite them insisting it was sustainable, it clearly never was.

Again, just relaying the email mate. :p

Indeed. Looks like it was just a matter of time. They are honoring the active orders so this will only be applicable to new orders starting 4th of October though. Better for them to turn sustainable than to close shop.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

MikePT said: Indeed. Looks like it was just a matter of time. They are honoring the active orders so this will only be applicable to new orders starting 4th of October though. Better for them to turn sustainable than to close shop.

Yep, well iirc they kept contesting the 'sustainable' point by saying they had a bunch of spare hardware or something along those lines, which by definition meant it was not sustainable as no one has unlimited 'spare' hardware :)

edited September 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

MikePT said: Indeed. Looks like it was just a matter of time. They are honoring the active orders so this will only be applicable to new orders starting 4th of October though. Better for them to turn sustainable than to close shop.

Yep, well iirc they kept contesting the 'sustainable' point by saying they had a bunch of spare hardware or something along those lines, which by definition meant it was not sustainable as no one has unlimited 'spare' hardware :)

To be honest I really do not have an opinion about them. Both bad and good things happened, I resell some of their storage vps and they are ok. Now as for being sustainable, hell no. Its not. Wouldnt ever be. Took so long because people are now starting to actually use their allocated space. Its just easier to oversell the HDD in OVZ. Its also possible with KVM tho (thin provisioning), but more work involved.

I think they are pretty honest, but this particular division doesnt seem to be profitable at all.

• Early customers got a great deal :)

• I didn't think it was sustainable with the hw setup they described a while back, but it could be done with a simpler style of storage box. Anyway I'm glad they announced the increase in advance. Did they say what the new price would be? I have way too much storage these days, but might snag another TB from them anyway.

• They're doing something right : grandfathered pricing for early adopters who gambled on biennial cycles.

Yours truly is renewing next week for effective 2 euro/TB-month.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • I hope they will renew my 0.5TB plan for 20€ 2 years more

• Their port speed is so low for remotely backing up files. I dunno why a server has 100mbps speed, nowadays even a home user has 100mbps internet speed.

• @CUTA said:
    Their port speed is so low for remotely backing up files. I dunno why a server has 100mbps speed, nowadays even a home user has 100mbps internet speed.

Living in Germoney @ 7mbps

Thanked by 1yomero
  • GOT THIS EMAIL TOO

• Happy with my 18€ish per year storage with them^^

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@quick said:

@CUTA said:
    Their port speed is so low for remotely backing up files. I dunno why a server has 100mbps speed, nowadays even a home user has 100mbps internet speed.

100Mbit down 40 mbit up here in germany, thanks to mobile internet boost called hybrid (DSL+LTE)

Afaik with no bandwidth limitation

• @Ympker said:
    Happy with my 18€ish per year storage with them^^

0.5 TB? I've 1 Eur 5 1tb and a Eur-72 2 years. That's not fair :((

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @quick said:

@CUTA said:

Also living in Germoney but @ 200mbps

• @jetchirag said:

@Ympker said:
    Happy with my 18€ish per year storage with them^^

0.5 TB? I've 1 Eur 5 1tb and a Eur-72 2 years. That's not fair :((

Yes 0,5 TB :P

• Isn't this the second price increase within a year?
    Low IOPS, bad network to residental, slow CPU, OpenVZ and no option to get more vCores on higher plans.
    Guess it's time to recommend the alternatives.

• With my current spreadsheet calculation for storage I believe they are around $3 per TB. If the price goes up by 50%, they will be at the same price for Hetzner's storage boxes which are available all the time and will be above the price you can sometimes find Hetzner's auctions at with dedicated hardware.

What is it they offer that would justify the price?

@Tion said:
    Isn't this the second price increase within a year?
    Low IOPS, bad network to residental, slow CPU, OpenVZ and no option to get more vCores on higher plans.
    Guess it's time to recommend the alternatives.

Yep I believe so.

@Hadriel said:
    With my current spreadsheet calculation for storage I believe they are around $3 per TB. If the price goes up by 50%, they will be at the same price for Hetzner's storage boxes which are available all the time and will be above the price you can sometimes find Hetzner's auctions at with dedicated hardware.

What is it they offer that would justify the price?

I won't be ordering more VPS from them. I mean, they even told me there's no demand for 1Gbps speed (they even asked why I'd need such port speed?), even though backup restores do require it to be fast....

• cyberpersonscyberpersons Member
    edited September 2017

Well, I think with 1.5(times) increase, prices are still fair.

• edited September 2017

Where do i apply time4vps coupon code? I don't see it in the order page throughout

edit: nvm.

• AnthonySmith said: Seriously though, This was obviously going to happen, despite them insisting it was sustainable, it clearly never was.

But its OVZ... I mean the disk is not dedicated... maybe each user only has something like 15GB

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

jcaleb said: maybe each user only has

something like 15GB

Our customers find what to store in their TBs storages.

Tion said: Low IOPS, bad network to residental, slow CPU, OpenVZ and no option to get more vCores on higher plans.

For all that we have KVM servers line.

• comebackcomeback Member
    edited September 2017

Here are the prices today and feature and prices for a VPS with 4TB, and prices starting October 4th

Guaranteed CPU: 1 x 1.90 GHz (Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 v3)

• Guaranteed DDR4 RAM: 4096 MB (DDR4-2133 ECC REG)

• Storage: 4096 GB (RAID, 200 IOPS)

• Bandwidth: 10 TB

• IPv4: 1

• 19.99 EUR Monthly ==> new price 29.99

• 167.88 EUR Annually ==> new price 251,82

• 287.76 EUR Biennially ==> new price 431,65

My VPS is not fast, but I do not pay dearly.

The VPS 1TB is at 4.99 € / month, but I refuse to pay 30 € for 4TB with the quality of today !!!

• The support told me that the speed of the drive, and the network, is correct ....

• torrboxtorrbox Member

Damn I have known about time4vps since the beginning of their existence and now that I wanted to check them out they have raised prices. They are still the cheapest for 1TB storage, though, right?

• RockfilesRockfiles Member
    edited May 2018

@torrbox said:
    Damn I have known about time4vps since the beginning of their existence and now that I wanted to check them out they have raised prices. They are still the cheapest for 1TB storage, though, right?

https://virmach.com/cloud-storage-servers/

Nope you can try this

Thanked by 1torrbox
  • williewillie Member

Closing necro thread.

Thanked by 2Clouvider hostens
This discussion has been closed.