Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Dedicated Server in NY
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Dedicated Server in NY

seed4useed4u Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

Hello,
Looking for dedicated server in the NY area.
Specs:

Intel Xeon E3-1245v6 4c/8t - 3.7GHz /4.1GHz

32GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz

2x250 SSD OR 2xSSD NVME

1gbps port with 10TB traffic

Portal for self reinstalls and self reboots, must have Debian 9.

Budget around 100$

Thank you,
Dima

Comments

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

Would be one @Nick and ColoCrossing could help you with I'd say. Their portal has those features too.

• What exactly are you seeding? I have a couple bald spots in my lawn..

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Take a look at Reliablesite.net.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@CConner said:

Lying about their upstreams? https://www.reliablesite.net/network/

@Rhys said:

@CConner said:

Their network is good, always get my guaranteed speeds. Most people don't care what is beyond that

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@CConner said:

@Rhys said:

@CConner said:

Their network is good, always get my guaranteed speeds. Most people don't care what is beyond that

So that makes lying okay?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep

@Rhys said:

@CConner said:

Their Piscataway (New York City Metro) network works very good for me. No network downtime or packet loss since January.

@seed4u said:

Intel Xeon E3-1245v6 4c/8t - 3.7GHz /4.1GHz
    Portal for self reinstalls and self reboots, must have Debian 9.

But they do not offer 1245v6. Self reinstalls are in beta. Latest Debian for self reinstall is 8.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@JSCL said:
    Would be one @Nick and ColoCrossing could help you with I'd say. Their portal has those features too.

Thanks for the suggestion!

We'll be releasing a new and improved version of our client facing portal this month. We've been using it admin side for a few weeks now. It's a massive enhancement.

• edited October 2017

@CConner said:

Instead of reliablesite.net, I would recommend choopa.com. Reliable is just a reseller of Choopa in the Piscataway NJ datacenter. I think they have their own servers and switches but whenever there are network issues they have to contact Choopa.

Choopa support is pretty good based on my limited experience. I think you are dealing with the same people who maintain the vultr.com network.

edited October 2017

Choopa does not offer any free DDoS protection I believe, if they do certainly not to the level of RSnet. I believe they are more expensive too for the same hardware.

• WSSWSS Member

How the hell would that work if RS is a reseller of Choopa?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @WSS said:

Reliablesite isn't a reseller of Choopa, they have their own space, hardware and network in the data center.

• edited October 2017

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

Reliablesite isn't a reseller of Choopa, they have their own space, hardware and network in the data center.

They use Choopa network backbone. They do not use their own network. Choopa may even own the datacenter or have a significant investment in it. I already said that RS uses their own servers and switches.

I do not have any info about DDoS other than what is on the Choopa site. When you configure your server they have DDoS protection option. 10Gbps/2000k PPS Protection

• WSSWSS Member

I dunno. Don't fuck with the chicken brothers because they insulted me twice this week already.

• @LosPollosHermanos said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

They use Choopa network. Choopa may even own the datacenter or have a significant investment in it. I already said that RS uses their own servers and switches.

I do not know about DDoS.

Here's a link to the datacenter's page: https://www.qtsdatacenters.com/data-centers/piscataway

• @ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

ReliableSite own their own suite in the facility if I'm not mistaken but utilize the Choopa network and they also use Choopa's DDoS protection.

Personally suggest ReliableServers if you want Piscataway, NJ.

• edited October 2017

@CConner said:
    Choopa does not offer any free DDoS protection I believe, if they do certainly not to the level of RSnet. I believe they are more expensive too for the same hardware.

If you ask for a quote you will most likely get quoted less than what is shown on the website. That seems to be the case for most providers these days. Always ask for a quote. Don't just sign up via the website and pay whatever is listed.

Depending on your specs I think the prices are similar.

• edited October 2017

@IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

ReliableSite own their own suite in the facility if I'm not mistaken but utilize the Choopa network and they also use Choopa's DDoS protection.

We prefer Choopa.

We had a higher than average amount of switch problems with RS. Maybe it's the brand of switches they use. I don't know but we had a few significant outages with them due to switch problems. Not many but more than we typically got from other providers.

The other reason is that every time there was a network problem their support would respond with "we have contacted our network team". I don't think they have a network team. I think they just contact Choopa. There was always a significant delay as well with network issues. Just another sign that they were the middleman (in my opinion as an outside observer/customer).

With Choopa we have more direct contact with this "network team". In theory anyways. I haven't really had any major problems with Choopa so I haven't had much interaction for network related support.

I have had to deal with Choopa support for hardware issues and they were outstanding. The best I have ever seen. Maybe I just got lucky with the two different people responding to my ticket but they sure seemed to know what they were doing. They did some checks on my Linux OS that I did not even think of to make sure the hardware change was smooth (a hard drive change as part of software RAID1). I could also tell from the questions they were asking that they knew what they were doing.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

I have used both and I prefer Choopa.

We had a higher than average amount of switch problems with RS. Maybe it's the brand of switches they use. I don't know but we had a few significant outages with them due to switch problems. Not many but more than we typically get from other providers.

The other reason is that every time there is a network problem their support would respond with "we have contacted our network team". I don't think they have a network team. I think they just contact Choopa. With Choopa we have more direct contact with "the network team". In theory anyways. Just my conclusions as an outside observer/customer.

ReliableServers is a brand of Choopa hence why I recommended them above ReliableSite. ReliableSite basically colocate with Choopa.

Names are a bit confusing hopefully that clears that up.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

ReliableServers is a brand of Choopa hence why I recommended them above ReliableSite. ReliableSite basically colocate with Choopa.

The misinformation you're providing is unfortunate.

• @ServerHand said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Care to elaborate? If ReliableSite operated their own network it would not need to be escalated to their upstream as @LosPollosHermanos and I have both experienced. ReliableServers is a brand of Choopa.

• edited October 2017

LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

We had a higher than average amount of switch problems with RS. Maybe it's the brand of switches they use. I don't know but we had a few significant outages with them due to switch problems. Not many but more than we typically get from other providers.

The other reason is that every time there is a network problem their support would respond with "we have contacted our network team". I don't think they have a network team. I think they just contact Choopa. With Choopa we have more direct contact with "the network team". In theory anyways. Just my conclusions as an outside observer/customer.

Just to be clear. I am talking about ReliableSite. I don't know about ReliableServers. Looking at their site they look like they are doing something similar to ReliableSite in that same datacenter.

It's a really good datacenter with a really good backbone connection (Choopa.net). So when people talk about the provider being good they are mostly talking about their experience with that datacenter and the backbone connection.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

Care to elaborate? If ReliableSite operated their own network it would not need to be escalated to their upstream as @LosPollosHermanos and I have both experienced. ReliableServers is a brand of Choopa.

I apologize, reliableservers, choopa, constant.com are all Choopa. I thought you had said reliablesite. I was wrong for misreading what you wrote.

• IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited October 2017

@LosPollosHermanos said:

LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

Just to be clear. I am talking about ReliableSite. I don't know about ReliableServers. Looking at their site they look like they are doing something similar to ReliableSite in that same datacenter.

Yep. Same network and datacenter but ReliableServers are a sub brand of Choopa and thus have full control of the network and don't need to forward to their upstream like ReliableSite. Have nothing but good things to say about ReliableServers though.

• edited October 2017

@IThinkUFailed said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

Yep. Same network and datacenter but ReliableServers are a sub brand of Choopa and thus have full control of the network and don't need to forward to their upstream like ReliableSite. Have nothing but good things to say about ReliableServers though.

Their website pricing looks aggressive. If you go to Choopa live chat and ask for a quote I think they will quote you similar prices. I think that is similar to what I am paying.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@LosPollosHermanos said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@ServerHand said:

@WSS said:

Their website pricing looks aggressive. If you go to Choopa live chat and ask for a quote I think they will quote you similar prices. I think that is similar to what I am paying.

They have some very good pricing on a WHT thread.

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited October 2017

Now I know that it doesn't match all specs, it is under half the cost you requested so take a look at what you can get for $41.65/mo from Virmach. They restocked this one dedicated server like today or yesterday or something like that.

Intel E3-1240v2 or E3-1270v1 with 32GB DDR3 RAM, 2x 120GB SSD, 10TB @ 1Gbps, and 13 IPs with 5gbps DDoS protection for only $41.65 with coupon WHT15

If you want it, act fast, their servers are usually gone quite quickly, been a bit of time since they restocked, and there's only one so it must be a canceled service. Enjoy!

(aff link)

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • WSSWSS Member

Last I looked, the SSD was out of stock. Not a bad machine for the price, but having to tunnel HE for IPv6 became bothersome when I couldn't trust the tunnel to be stable. Damn good price with the coupon!

• WSS said: Damn good price with the coupon!

Looks like there is another coupon SAVE20 that bring the price down to $39.20

Only for new customers tho.

• WSSWSS Member

My guess is LEB30 doesn't work on dedis, but that'd be pretty awesome for a new customer, too.