Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers at oneprovider.com. What's your experience? What's the ETA to privision?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers at oneprovider.com. What's your experience? What's the ETA to privision?

DroidzoneDroidzone Member
edited August 2013 in General

As the question is titled, are any of you present customers? Have you had one in the past? How long do they take to provision an order? What's your experience with them been so far? How's the support response, and time to respond? How's their control panel, etc. Any bad experiences with them?

Do you know of any promo codes for their servers? Mention it or PM me if you do.

Basically, I'm hoping for a sincere review of their services, if you've had one.

Try to avoid mentioning OVH in this thread please. The OP is one disgruntled non-EU residing individual who was turned away by OVH. And they say the world is a global village. Bah. It's just another middle age highly discriminated society of haves and have nots. Meh. /endrant\n

Comments

• manddarmanddar Member
    edited August 2013

Hello @joelgm ,

I have ordered their cheapest dedi in Paris (eur9/mo or eur6/mo+eur10 setup fee) on last Thursday but its not provisioned yet. I have one support ticket open with them and following up about provisioning. As per their last reply server would have been ready at start of this week, but I am still waiting.

I have received total 4 replies on ticket which were with in 2/3hrs duration.

I will update you once I receive server.

Update: They have removed above offer from their site.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

Thanks @manddar. Did you use any promo codes while ordering?

• Thanks @manddar.

You are most welcome.

Did you use any promo codes while ordering?

I was able to search promo codes for VPS only but not Dedis, I saw this offer here.

• Good offer but the network is poor.

• ordered there 6 euro server with geolocation(no setup fee) on the day they slashed their prices. No news yet.

• It's been suggested that they are just reselling ovh dedis (though that seemed to have been forbidden by OVH).

• xsetxset Member

@joelgm They are reselling OVH.

They said to me they just sell 50xKS4Gs, 100xKS16Gs..

They dont sell KS2Gs anymore as Ovh is so strict about it and limited 3 per person/company.

They couldn't deliver the original KS16G with 2 x 1 TB disk and i5 2400 so I cancelled my order with them. They refunded when I asked.

They originally said it takes 3 days to deliver, but then suddenly they said they can't give any ETA.

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited August 2013

I'm at 39.16 EUR per month. 8 GB server. It got provisioned within 2 days. The network is average: 17 Mbps.

Support is a bit slow: one answer per day.

The Control Panel allows you to block IP's, create virtual mac's and monitor your network. You can ask for support using the panel.

I don't know wether I stay with them. With Online.net I can get almost the same dedi for EUR 28.

• @DennisdeWit said:
    The Control Panel allows you to block IP's, create virtual mac's and monitor your network. You can ask for support using the panel.

Does the panel allow for automated OS reinstalls? Are the reinstalls unlimited?

• tuxtux Member

@joelgm said:
    Does the panel allow for automated OS reinstalls? Are the reinstalls unlimited?

Yes, yes.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • @tux said:

No, no. OneProvider asks a reinstall fee of $25 per reinstall.

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited August 2013

@DennisdeWit said:
    No, no. OneProvider asks a reinstall fee of $25 per reinstall.

Ugh. That's a dealbreaker for me. :(

It's free and unlimited on online.net.

• Ordered on the 3rd, it got delivered yesterday. Was 6 euro with no install. Good service so far, got an n2800 in france.

• @sc754 said:
    Ordered on the 3rd, it got delivered yesterday. Was 6 euro with no install. Good service so far, got an n2800 in france.

So how did you finally install an OS on it? You cant have paid $25 for an install for a €6 server.

• @joelgm said:
    So how did you finally install an OS on it? You cant have paid $25 for an install for a €6 server.

OS was installed already, had cento 6. It's got an auto reinstall feature on the control panel so you don't pay to go reinstalls..

• xsetxset Member

I would have kept KS16G from oneprovider had they provided 2 x 1 TB and Core i2400.

They also asked for identification a picture of myself and picture of credit card, although I paid via Paypal. I refused that. They refunded gladly. For revenge, I ordered KS16G from Ovh last night and got it delivered today. That was nice experience from OVH.

Perhaps I asked too many Ovh related questions from Oneprovider as they wanted to see my picture + credit card :)

• @sc754 said:
    OS was installed already, had cento 6. It's got an auto reinstall feature on the control panel so you don't pay to go reinstalls..

Uh. I'm confused now. @DennisdeWit said he had to pay for reinstalls. You didnt need to. @tux didnt have to. It's different terms for each server. I really need to see the agreement properly.

• xsetxset Member

@joelgm the initial OS install is free

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • Support is a bit slow: one answer per day.

That's because they're reselling the services of over 60 providers and many of those providers (like OVH) have limited after hours/weekend support.

The support chain when you open a ticket at a reseller/middleman like OneProvider is (depending on the provider they're reselling):
    you>reseller>provider>reseller>you or you>reseller>provider>data center>provider>reseller>you