Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best alternative to stream in a vps without GPU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best alternative to stream in a vps without GPU?

jokster2k17jokster2k17 Member
edited September 2017 in General

Hey guys.. i want to stream online some recorded files directly to youtube (no i dont want to upload it)
i'm having trouble to do it in a vps that have i7 but dont have a GPU so it give a high video lag.
Is there any good alternative to do it? or only purchase a dedicated server?
My local pc have a gpu but the upload s***s so its almost impossible

Comments

• You don't need a GPU to stream any file. if you want to stream it via rtmp from a server, you can simply use ffmpeg. And this can be done from a vps, and from a low spec one if there is not involved a transcoding.

• You can live stream to vk and embed it to your site, it'll use no bandwidth at all, and quality will be great!

• He probably wants to setup an automagical stream for Family Guy/etc which gets plenty of traffic and subscriptions, and he can throw his own paid-for links in. At least, I assume so. What the hell else does anyone stream from a queue?

• @jvnadr said:
    You don't need a GPU to stream any file. if you want to stream it via rtmp from a server, you can simply use ffmpeg. And this can be done from a vps, and from a low spec one if there is not involved a transcoding.

i never used this ffmpeg but i assume this must be similar to obs studio. do you tried to stream a movie or a cartoon? its almost impossible

@WSS said:
    He probably wants to setup an automagical stream for Family Guy/etc which gets plenty of traffic and subscriptions, and he can throw his own paid-for links in. At least, I assume so. What the hell else does anyone stream from a queue?

yea you are right but isnt family guy, so can you recommend me something? hehe

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Most those streams come from paper space I believe, or AWS GPU nodes.

• @pbgben said:

i liked this prices from paper space, have a big big difference from AWS GPU lol

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@jokster2k17 said:

@pbgben said:

i liked this prices from paper space, have a big big difference from AWS GPU lol

I have tested the lowest 512GPU one, and it had a driver issue with obs. So keep that in mind.

• prepare your files in your computer so you can upload it in a low spec vps and stream using ffmpeg without transcoding again.