Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Campaign - Game server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Campaign - Game server

joojajooja Member
edited September 2017 in Help

Hello, I have an 11 year old gaming server and unfortunately our players count is getting smaller day by day.
I was about to send an email to all users in our database telling the news and new stuff of the game server, but I don't know which service I should use.

I found MailChimp, but prices are high? (I have almost 2 million accounts atm)

There is a cheaper option?

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Amazon SES. Feel free to PM me should you want us to do the campaign for you, and the whole setup.

• We offer newsletter shipping via Amazon SES. Your 2 million customers would cost around $300

PM me if you are interested

edited September 2017

@aulin said:
    We offer newsletter shipping via Amazon SES. Your 2 million customers would cost around $300

PM me if you are interested

Go away.

BTW looks like you're a provider that never posted a single offer..?

• Why not you simply purchase small VPS and configure it as a SMTP server and than look any mailing software like sendblaster to send millions of E-mails as per your requirement in cheap rates and its one time investment only, you can use it any time for any product.

@praveenk said:
    Why not you simply purchase small VPS and configure it as a SMTP server and than look any mailing software like sendblaster to send millions of E-mails as per your requirement in cheap rates and its one time investment only, you can use it any time for any product.

You can't guarantee its deliverability, plus, pretty sure most companies won't allow you run email marketing within their networks.
    There are services such as Amazon SES built exactly for this purpose.

• @MikePT said:

@praveenk said:
    Why not you simply purchase small VPS and configure it as a SMTP server and than look any mailing software like sendblaster to send millions of E-mails as per your requirement in cheap rates and its one time investment only, you can use it any time for any product.

You can't guarantee its deliverability, plus, pretty sure most companies won't allow you run email marketing within their networks.
    There are services such as Amazon SES built exactly for this purpose.

It's probably more guaranteed that at least one person will complain to your provider and your VPS is now suspended for mass emailing of marketing spam. I mean you could do that, but you have to get something cheap that you don't mind getting rid of after..

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • To avoid spam complaints, its always good to provide unsubscribe options/links like **"If you have no more interest in receiving this, please Unsubscribe" **with your own unsubscribe page or simply define your E-mail address on "unsubscribe" button , so that peoples who are not interested in your promotional E-mails will unsubscribe from your mailing list by sending you a E-mail but make sure that you are not sending E-mail to them after unsubscribe from your mailing list else your spam complaints will increase.

To reduce the spam E-mail complaint always send E-mails with genuine content and make sure that you are not sending E-mails continuously to same mailing list again and again as its irritating, simply schedule your E-mail campaign for one mailing list once in a week or 15 days period and always send E-mails with unique content, don't send same article/promotion to client again and again.

Hope this will help you to save some good money using your own mailing software.

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited September 2017

praveenk said: To avoid spam complaints, its always good to provide unsubscribe options/links like **"If you have no more interest in receiving this, please Unsubscribe" **with your own unsubscribe page or simply define your E-mail address on "unsubscribe" button , so that peoples who are not interested in your promotional E-mails will unsubscribe from your mailing list by sending you a E-mail but make sure that you are not sending E-mail to them after unsubscribe from your mailing list else your spam complaints will increase.

Google's guidelines are very useful here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en#unsub. Although I personally take it a step further and will only bother unsubscribing if there's an easy way to do it and it doesn't require login (either link in email or the button Gmail offers if the List-Unsubscribe header is included), otherwise I just report that message and all previous ones from the same sender as spam, so that all future messages will go directly to spam automatically. :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@praveenk said:

Because reality is that most of your emails go to 1-4 providers, and absolutely none of them will accept that many rapid connections from one IP without blocking it. It would take a very long time to use one VPS to send that many emails if the emails being received is of any value.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Decrease the selection to people that played the a reasonable amount of time on your server but are no longer playing. These are probably the people you want to be attracting.

Thanked by 1desperand