Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4G SIM card for tourist in the US? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

4G SIM card for tourist in the US?

2»

Comments

• @AuroraZ said:
    No such thing as tourist here. Once you enter we do not let you leave.

No matter. The return ride is free thanks to Trump's plan to deport all undocumented foreigners!

Thanked by 2netomx AuroraZ
  • @raindog308 said:
    I saw that @Aidan but didn't know if that was just the airport he was flying into or if he's just going to hang out in Florida.

I'm going to the AutoTask Live seminar for three days. Bill Clinton is the keynote speaker on monday. But today (Saturday) and Wendsday I can spend on what ever I want. So just going to find some nice places to eat.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Maybe Google Fi? $10/GB

• At Walmart or CVS you may also buy a Vanilla prepaid Visa (or Mastercard) Gift card. It is a prepaid card that may be associated online with a USA ZIP code and is accepted by several USA-based services such as iTunes, Hulu etc that may otherwise refuse foregin credit cards. See vanillagift.com for details.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:
    I'm going to the AutoTask Live seminar for three days. Bill Clinton is the keynote speaker on monday. But today (Saturday) and Wendsday I can spend on what ever I want. So just going to find some nice places to eat.

I know that AutoTask is great for designing your own flow, but how difficult is it to have a "sex with not my wife" and "have Y suicided" to script?

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @pcan said:
    At Walmart or CVS you may also buy a Vanilla prepaid Visa (or Mastercard) Gift card. It is a prepaid card that may be associated online with a USA ZIP code and is accepted by several USA-based services such as iTunes, Hulu etc that may otherwise refuse foregin credit cards. See vanillagift.com for details.

Don't they not work outside of the US (in case OP chooses to take it home with left over funds)?

• Just a question. Where at Wallmart do I find SIM cards? Was a trip today..but did not see it...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@myhken said:
    Just a question. Where at Wallmart do I find SIM cards? Was a trip today..but did not see it...

Back in electronic section, every supercenter has a rack full of SIM cards, goPhones, etc.

• Missed that...have to go back then.

• @myhken said:
    Missed that...have to go back then.

Go back to where all of the 60" televisions are. There may be a mouthbreather wearing blue. Ask them where the prepaid phones are. It'll be between the Playstation 3 games, the DVD-R media, and the printer cartridges.

Thanked by 1myhken
    edited September 2017

@myhken said:
    Missed that...have to go back then.

Just make sure to not go back after 9 PM.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @MikeA said:

..without having a camera ready.

• Think I may just drop my seminar and stake out Wallmart for a week.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @WSS said:

@MikeA said:

..without having a camera ready.

I have no words :O

• Edmond said: Don't they not work outside of the US

No, it's a regular USA issued prepaid Visa/Mastercard. It works everywhere and the expiration date is 10 years.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @pcan said:

Edmond said: Don't they not work outside of the US

No, it's a regular USA issued prepaid Visa/Mastercard. It works everywhere and the expiration date is 10 years.

Really? Hmm... someone told me that, oh well..

• @myhken said: Bill Clinton is the keynote speaker on monday.

Be sure to give us a short summary of what old Bill tells you guys tomorrow. :-)

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhkenmyhken Member
    edited September 2017

He will notice me...people are talking about really nice clothing...and I'm going in a light shorts and blue shirt...:D No pants in 30+ degrees celcius. The only reason for the shirt..Bill him self.

It's me and the peopleofwallmart :D :D

• You should wear a blue dress.

• @WSS said:
    You should wear a blue dress.

racist

• @jetchirag said:

@WSS said:

racist

wat

• @WSS said:

@jetchirag said:

@WSS said:

racist

wat

What tf did I just read

• Publically-released documents regarding the interns' dress Billy came on?

• but why

• Reread the last page.

• frkfrk Member
    edited September 2017

@MikeA said:
    T-Mobile has SIM kits at Walmart and some other stores that is $30 for unlimited data and text with 100 minutes for talk. If you just need data it's probably the best deal for traveling here, some of the others only give like 1GB of data for the sim kits in stores.

Meanwhile T-Mobile Germany only offers a single plan in which you get unlimited data - Their most expensive 200€/month plan. 2yr contract ofc.

Meanwhile everywhere else... Unlimited data, prepaid for 30$ a month...

vomits

Thanked by 1atrava

@frk said:

@MikeA said:
    T-Mobile has SIM kits at Walmart and some other stores that is $30 for unlimited data and text with 100 minutes for talk. If you just need data it's probably the best deal for traveling here, some of the others only give like 1GB of data for the sim kits in stores.

Meanwhile T-Mobile Germany only offers a single plan in which you get unlimited data - Their most expensive 200€/month plan. 2yr contract ofc.

Meanwhile everywhere else... Unlimited data, prepaid for 30$ a month...

vomits

That is prepaid and has many limitations. I pay $70/mo for T-Mobile ONE. Unlimited data but deprioritized after 30GB~, 10GB LTE tethering then 3G after.

• Got my self a AT&T prepaid and got the $45 plan with 6 GB of data. Was easy to setup and got my own US phone number. But I see now that I most likeĺy could have saved $15 on the T-mobile plan. But then I know if I'm coming back.