Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your go to shared hosting provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Your go to shared hosting provider

I am not looking for an offer right now, but some of my friends from time to time needs a shared hosting. And the only reputable host I know that has good pricing is BuyShared from Fran. Any provider you use as go to provider, that has around same reputation as Fran's, and perhaps near same level of pricing.

Comments

• I have one but it is nowhere near LET grade. They're like $12/mo, but you'll never, ever, ever, EVER have an issue.

I kind of miss them.

• CrocWeb, almost 2 years without a single issue.

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited September 2017

Using ImpactShared.com's @Awmusic12635 small plan for more than 2 years, very stable and have everything in it.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Pretty sure there's a namecheap plan that's like $15/year.

• WSS said: I have one but it is nowhere near LET grade. They're like $12/mo, but you'll never, ever, ever, EVER have an issue.

I kind of miss them.

Which company is that?

• @seraphkz said:

WSS said: I have one but it is nowhere near LET grade. They're like $12/mo, but you'll never, ever, ever, EVER have an issue.

I kind of miss them.

Which company is that?

Sorry, they're too good for LET. :(

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2017

Get a VPS instead.

• Enterprise grade either StableHost or Bigscoots.

• ImpactShared has been good to me, no major issues. There's also VPShared (Virmach), they are new to the shared field, but should be stable.

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • @imok said:
    CrocWeb, almost 2 years without a single issue.

+1 for crocweb. Used to with them for 3 years. Awesome.

• For shared hosting I've been using Superb Internet for 10 years now. Support is never more than a few minutes response (weekends too) and available by ticket, chat, or phone. They're about as solid as can be. Great email server too. Probably the $4.95/mo is fine for most people since the bandwidth and service is the same. See here.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

+1 for BigScoots. It's not exactly LET, but I'm quite happy with their service.

It used to be ScalaHosting for me, had it for years, but they went downhill a lot, to the point where it wasn't even barely decent for the casual non-critical websites I had with them.

But I'm happy with BigScoots so far, even though I'm paying 4 times more than I was paying before, on Scala.

• Thank you so much for the suggestions.

Neoon said: Get a VPS instead.

My friends who needs hosting are non technical

WSS said: Sorry, they're too good for LET. :(

Maybe PM the name? Thanks

• MikeA said: Pretty sure there's a namecheap plan that's like $15/year.

Good prices, are they any good?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jcaleb said:

MikeA said: Pretty sure there's a namecheap plan that's like $15/year.

Joshua Prout seems to use them exclusively.

• jarland said: Joshua Prout seems to use them exclusively.

Sorry not familiar with him. Googled that he is on some scam or something. Does that mean namecheap is very good?

Anyways, most of what will be hosted is a wordpress website with not much change. Just regular business card website. Only issue is good uptime.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said:

MikeA said: Pretty sure there's a namecheap plan that's like $15/year.

When I have clients who say my web hosting prices are too high, I refer them to Namecheap, I've never heard a bad complaint back so I'd guess so. Had a friend use them a while back and nothing bad came out of it.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • HawkHost.

Have an account with them since 2009. The longest-running I ever had.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • BigScoots, MDD Hosting, MightWeb, Crocweb, Hawkhost - Select any and forget any downtime worries.

• I've used CrocWeb in the past and everything was smooth until they were hit with large DDoS attacks and I migrated as I needed more storage/space and their jumps pretty fast in regards to reseller. Fast and fairly good support. Pricing is reasonable on their shared too. Reseller isn't so bad price wise but climbs fast.

I would definitely use them again if looking for shared.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Never been unhappy with All-Inkl for my whole 3 years of service. They are a german provider though so Im not sure if they provide english support but odds are they do. They also have a multilanguage control panel.

Thanked by 1jcaleb