Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | KVM+OpenVZ | SSD Cached | IPv6 | Nightly Offsite Backups | SPECIAL OFFERS INSIDE - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | KVM+OpenVZ | SSD Cached | IPv6 | Nightly Offsite Backups | SPECIAL OFFERS INSIDE

2»

Comments

• @MorningIris said:
    MCHPhil are you under dDOS attack by trl414 ?

Not to my knowledge. Things are looking good this morning. If you are noticing any issues please email me at [email protected]. :)

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited August 2013

It's because your site is not loading from L.A...Your billing server is under attack I think.

• @MorningIris said:
    It's because your site is not loading from L.A...Your billing server is under attack I think.

No, that's because chicagovps can't get their act together. As usual. Will be resolved by end of day. Until then I am reachable via email as always...

• None of my actual comments are on here because as MorningIris stated after being ignorant enough to fire out if I was being a skiddie towards you, your billing and ticket system is down.

You didn't try to assist me, you went defensive like I randomly chose you to attack, which was quite the reverse, I chose you because of what I read and wanted more information, which you were completely unwilling to provide. Please do explain how I was "sort of" abusive, I requested information, I didn't want your root password, I wanted to know what ipv6 range I would be on. Why is that such an issue?

You were the 2nd ticket opened, I opened one with INIZ 5 minutes before yours.
    He replied the same way, "Why do you want to know." He got the same answer you did.
    His response was the /48 range. He got my business within the hour of letting me know what the /48 was.

I ask directly and not bother searching because I've hit other hosts and done what I can to find out what they're on, and to my chagrin it's not what gets assigned to the VPS. I don't like having to pay for something to find out I don't want it, and then have to cancel within the first month. That's not fair for either party.

"Instead of being in a situation where you and I wouldn't be happy with each other, I am saving us both a headache." Really? A proper professional response instead of the 'go find it yourself' answer in the second response, would have made your company my 12th VPS provider. Between the 11 providers I'm now on, there are less than 30 tickets opened between them, most of them are original setup and requests for more v6 addresses. A minor few are for network problems, which I don't open tickets for until it's effected me for over 24h. I don't really see how we'd effect each other, you would provide a service, and I would use it. It sounds pretty symbiotic if you ask me.

As for your customers loving you, it does state a lot towards you, and good feedback is always nice to see before choosing. However I suggest you go back and check the way you responded yourself. It was defensive, unprofessional, and cost you business, as well as receiving a bad review response from someone. Was it worth it? If you had just replied like INIZ did, all of this would be a moot issue, and this bickering would have never found fruition. If you'd care to discuss this further, you have my email sitting in your ticket system, use it, public forum bitching isn't something I'd care to continue doing, but being I found you on here, and got the treatment I received, the review went up. As I stated, I don't comment often, but I have left good reviews too.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited August 2013

@trl414 said:
    None of my actual comments are on here because as MorningIris stated after being ignorant enough to fire out if I was being a skiddie towards you, your billing and ticket system is down.

You didn't try to assist me, you went defensive like I randomly chose you to attack, which was quite the reverse, I chose you because of what I read and wanted more information, which you were completely unwilling to provide. Please do explain how I was "sort of" abusive, I requested information, I didn't want your root password, I wanted to know what ipv6 range I would be on. Why is that such an issue?

You were the 2nd ticket opened, I opened one with INIZ 5 minutes before yours.
    He replied the same way, "Why do you want to know." He got the same answer you did.
    His response was the /48 range. He got my business within the hour of letting me know what the /48 was.

I ask directly and not bother searching because I've hit other hosts and done what I can to find out what they're on, and to my chagrin it's not what gets assigned to the VPS. I don't like having to pay for something to find out I don't want it, and then have to cancel within the first month. That's not fair for either party.

"Instead of being in a situation where you and I wouldn't be happy with each other, I am saving us both a headache." Really? A proper professional response instead of the 'go find it yourself' answer in the second response, would have made your company my 12th VPS provider. Between the 11 providers I'm now on, there are less than 30 tickets opened between them, most of them are original setup and requests for more v6 addresses. A minor few are for network problems, which I don't open tickets for until it's effected me for over 24h. I don't really see how we'd effect each other, you would provide a service, and I would use it. It sounds pretty symbiotic if you ask me.

As for your customers loving you, it does state a lot towards you, and good feedback is always nice to see before choosing. However I suggest you go back and check the way you responded yourself. It was defensive, unprofessional, and cost you business, as well as receiving a bad review response from someone. Was it worth it? If you had just replied like INIZ did, all of this would be a moot issue, and this bickering would have never found fruition. If you'd care to discuss this further, you have my email sitting in your ticket system, use it, public forum bitching isn't something I'd care to continue doing, but being I found you on here, and got the treatment I received, the review went up. As I stated, I don't comment often, but I have left good reviews too.

If you feel what I have told you is defensive then that is an issue on your end friend. I simply feel your someone I would not like to provide services too. I'm not bickering but stating fact.

The fact is you have contradicted yourself a few times already. Your replies aren't here because of my billing system being down, but you were able to get my responses word for word? (I suspect from email, which you'd have your responses also because I do believe I was replying via my smartphone.)

I supply very budget friendly SELF managed VPS's and if you are unable to check a website for information, but would rather waste a companies resources answering tickets you could have found an answer to yourself, quite easily, this isn't going to be a good match.

You could have even read the entire post I made here to find the information you were looking for :P

The bottom line, you were kind of abusive, I don't care for people who think they can treat others any way they like and will yes actively refuse anyone who is abusive, at all. As well as that is my right.

You asked why providers don't like to give out that information and I gave you a reason. If you think that is wrong. Sorry for answering your questions. As I said this isn't a good match.

I hope you are happy with iniz and your 15 other VPS companies.

PS: Hell you weren't even a customer of mine and you were already threatening to not be a customer of mine. How does that work?

• I think you just made my point perfectly.

• @MCHPhil: it looks like I'm to late for it. All yearly kvms seem to be out of stock. Any plans to restock them?

• Within the month I am hoping.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Within the month I am hoping.

If I order openvz now (OpenVZ-64), would it be possible to get it replaced by kvm when it will be available? I'm interested in KVM-64 with doubled resources.

• @dannix said:
    If I order openvz now (OpenVZ-64), would it be possible to get it replaced by kvm when it will be available? I'm interested in KVM-64 with doubled resources.

PM sent.