Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way for SaaS Asia connection (China)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best way for SaaS Asia connection (China)

What are the best ways of getting a SaaS to work on reasonable speeds within China and the greater Asia?

We are not looking for a immediate solution, but I would just like to ask for some recommendations from the pros on this forum.

To minimize latency, we are looking for a Dedicated solution.

I heard connections to China are crazy expensive.

How slow would it be to host on a LA CN2 network, compared to a HK CN2 network?

My previous experience with AWS's Singapore server in China seemed to be super duper slow. Would a Dedicated LA CN2 be even worse?

TBH slow web-based software is so frustrating...

What is the best cost for performance solution out there to host a online software.

Thanks guys!

Poll not found

Comments

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Have you checked Taiwan?

http://lg.tw.psychz.net/

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

HK still provides the best and most cost effective connectivity to China. The question is if your use case can justify the cost.

Generally speaking, hosting outside of Asia will be cheaper but you have high latency and more congestion. If you can't accept such limitations, then a higher cost is necessary.

What exactly are you looking for in terms of capacity and budget? As a provider based in HK, I may have some insight I can share.

• lihanlinlihanlin Member
      edited September 2017

If you need the least latency to China, it's better to choose HK, but the bandwidth with China direct there are much more expensive than in LA. Some asian countries or regions do have good connection like Taiwan and Korea.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

If you go for CN2 directly, then yes the price is crazy high.

But if you go through another upstream like PCCW, Pacent or HGC, then the price per mbit can be much lower. You don't technically get any guarantees with that, but compared to going with CN2 direct, the price savings are too attractive to ignore.

The price per mbit from any of the larger ISPs will be between 1/5 and 1/3 the price of CN2. And those are the ones worth considering if you are on a budget.

• VPS Aliyun (Alibaba) Hong Kong. Second to none.

• Let me give more background to what im trying to achieve.
      Its a software that has similar dynamics in terms of a social networking site, but its used in a very specific situation where the load is very heavy during a particular time of the day for around 9 hours or so. The bandwidth is not that heavy like uploading hundreds of videos or photos, most traffic will just come from the pure usage of the application and upload of frequent documents and sometimes photos and videos. We are not trying to reach hosting cost of like Kinsufi or anything, we understand the high costs of maintaining SaaS. However as a startup, and as a SaaS, our headroom for budget in hosting is quite limited.
      Most connections will come either from HK or China with a few (~10%) connection internationally either in asia or america.
      VPSs and Coud services seem to be horrendously expensive for the power and performance it has. hence the decision for a dedi.