Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good uptime and Docker support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good uptime and Docker support

I've spent the whole day today looking for a cheap VPS with a reliable uptime from its reviews. When I was ready to pay, I read that it doesn't support Docker, which is a bummer for me...

I don't need a big package, but I'm looking for something with reliable uptime over the last few years or months, and that supports Docker. Any recommendations, please?

Comments

• Just search for a KVM with SLA

• Haven't managed to find anything cheap with a SLA. Just good uptime reputation would be enough for me! The plan I was going to buy is 12 USD a year for 512 MB of RAM.

• @beqyhyho said:
    Haven't managed to find anything cheap with a SLA. Just good uptime reputation would be enough for me! The plan I was going to buy is 12 USD a year for 512 MB of RAM.

512MB KVM for $12/yr?! Where!?

• @WSS said:
    512MB KVM for $12/yr?! Where!?

No KVM. I gave up because they don't support Docker.

• KVM, 512 MB RAM, $12/yr, and reliable? Not happening.

Up your budget to two or three times that, then we're talking.
    At 2€ or $2.50 per month, I'd recommend UltraVPS.eu or Vultr.com. They're both KVM (so you can use Docker if you feel you have to) and from my experience their uptime and support are excellent.

Use the affiliate links in my signature if you want to do me a favour, and rest assured that I'm only recommending them because they provide good services -- I have affiliate links from other companies that pay more, but have crappy services, and I sure as hell won't recommend those even though I'd profit more.

Thanked by 1UltraVPS
  • Or else, if you prefer cheap over well-supported, there's always the €1/mo VMware boxes from Arubacloud.

• Ramnode 512 MB KVM is $3/mo or $32.40/year. They are about as reliable as you can get in low-end.

And they always have stock in all locations - unlike Vultr's $2.50/mo KVM which is a marketing gimmick.

• Thanks, guys! I'm currently researching the reputation of each of your recommendations!