Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive aka Quadix Finally Disabled On WHT - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive aka Quadix Finally Disabled On WHT

124»

Comments

• It amazes me how these companies are willing to commit outright fraud over what is not a lot of money (except to those of us who don't have any). I've never dealt with them, but knowing they helped destroy Burst really makes me want them to get their own. If Christian has over $20k in his PayPal, I'm relatively certain he has plenty more available to throw a lawyer's office at them.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2017

OP just posted. Refund failed.

And now that they are banned from pretty much every hosting forum/communities out there with customers bailing left and right, their business is done. They have no reason to refund to keep up the appearances imo..

What a shitty ending for a worthless crook host that shoulve died for the BurstNet incident long ago..

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

stefeman said: OP just posted. Refund failed.

I guess QuadIX is going to get "bought out" soon as well.

Francisco

Thanked by 1WSS
  • "Whoever" bought piohost would love to buy Quadix

Thanked by 3Rhys SSDBlaze netomx
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@stefeman said:

And now that they are banned from pretty much every hosting forum/communities out there with customers bailing left and right, their business is done. They have no reason to refund to keep up the appearances imo..

What a shitty ending for a worthless crook host that shoulve died for the BurstNet incident long ago..

It looks like they'll rebrand... Or create a new PP acc. I mean, having a refund failing on PP couldn't be worse to your PP reputation.

@MikePT said:

@stefeman said:

It looks like they'll rebrand... Or create a new PP acc. I mean, having a refund failing on PP couldn't be worse to your PP reputation.

Anyone still a client of theirs? Would be a damn shame if paypal was alerted when this happens.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

@stefeman said:

Anyone still a client of theirs? Would be a damn shame if paypal was alerted when this happens.

Francisco

Pretty sure they have loads of clients still.
    Not many pay attention to the forums, or would give a damn.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Sounds like the refund from QuadIX to the customer failed, because PayPal was unable to recover the funds from QuadIX's bank account. Hopefully there is still some remedy for the customer who has been stolen from so blatantly.

@jbiloh said:
    Sounds like the refund from QuadIX to the customer failed, because PayPal was unable to recover the funds from QuadIX's bank account. Hopefully there is still some remedy for the customer who has been stolen from so blatantly.

I hope QuadIX gets sued tbh. I knew this would happen considering their shady past.

@MikePT said:
    I hope QuadIX gets sued tbh. I knew this would happen considering their shady past.

Yeah that won't happen.

QuadIX has been getting chased by Datasales for years now and they're due low/mid 6 figures as of a couple years ago.

@jbiloh said:

I hope they stay banned and don't get unbanned just because they decide to move shop to Buffalo or to start reselling your services.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

Yeah that won't happen.

QuadIX has been getting chased by Datasales for years now and they're due low/mid 6 figures as of a couple years ago.

Yeah definitely not likely. They've been kicked from like three datacenters and several hardware leasing places, they are nothing if not persistent.

edited September 2017

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

Yeah that won't happen.

@jbiloh said:

I hope they stay banned and don't get unbanned just because they decide to move shop to Buffalo or to start reselling your services.

Francisco

No one is invincible. It depends on who they piss off.

• @jbiloh said:

Quadix knew damn well that it wasn't their money and they still withdrew it from their Paypal account to their bank account...the refund would have been so easy for them to do straight from their Paypal account.

@Setsura said:

@Francisco said:

@MikePT said:

Yeah that won't happen.

Yeah definitely not likely. They've been kicked from like three datacenters and several hardware leasing places, they are nothing if not persistent.

Three? Heh... So is he a ghost or something?
    20k. Its a lot of money.

• @MikePT said:
    Three? Heh... So is he a ghost or something?
    20k. Its a lot of money.

Supposedly they owe quite a bit more to various hardware leasing places. So dunno, I guess he knows what he is doing.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • the problem is that the funds where from my paypal balance and not from my bank account.

Jesus, who keeps more than a few bucks in PayPal? I trust them even less than VD

• @OverlordQ said:

the problem is that the funds where from my paypal balance and not from my bank account.

Jesus, who keeps more than a few bucks in PayPal? I trust them even less than VD

Beats me. I had a bad withdrawal of like $50 and I had to fight them tooth and nail for several weeks to get my money back. I can't imagine getting stuffed for 20k and be told "Sorry, we're not FDIC insured and you sent it lol."

• @WSS When you consider that PayPal has like 3 screens to confirm the amount of the transfer ... big bold fonts... , etc ... I mean this deserve some level of analysis.

1- The dude has some level of mental disorder or limitation
    or
    2- He willingly wanted to pay 20K.

That doesn't justify that he is not entitled to a refund but... well shit this guy is a retard.

• @Hxxx said:

This would be my guess. You don't tend to have that kind of money in PayPal unless you do a ton of transactions. Remember when someone here gave up like 1,000 Kimsufi's a few months ago so we could almost all get one cheap? Some folks just try harder- and some are lucky.

Or, maybe he was born into money. Can't say I know the guy- but obviously the number didn't frighten- or even bother him enough to go public for weeks.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Volumedrive is a scum but I'd say the guy who sent 20k by a mistake has some serious issues as well.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said:

@Hxxx said:

This would be my guess. You don't tend to have that kind of money in PayPal unless you do a ton of transactions. Remember when someone here gave up like 1,000 Kimsufi's a few months ago so we could almost all get one cheap? Some folks just try harder- and some are lucky.

Or, maybe he was born into money. Can't say I know the guy- but obviously the number didn't frighten- or even bother him enough to go public for weeks.

Judging by the number of providers that chimed in on the thread and knew him by name saying he was a good customer and rented multiple servers for many years, he probably is running a successful profiting business.

I definitely agree he didn't seem too fazed by the loss and in all likelihood it probably won't put a huge dent in his bottom line. Especially if he's keeping that amount in his paypal account.

• Was the 20k definately in his paypal balance and not transferred from an associated bank card/account?

• @lurch said:
    Was the 20k definately in his paypal balance and not transferred from an associated bank card/account?

He claimed so. If it was transferred via instant ACH, he may have had better luck getting the law to do something about needing to worry about lawyering up.*

*I don't actually know how this shit works but I do watch a lot of cop shows.

• the low is clear , at least in my country , if you recive a payment for error you are obligated to refound this money if not you are possible for jail. Eaven if you find money in the street . Now ... have many kind of people .... Verry bad for the customer to lost 20k

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @WSS said:

said:

He claimed so. If it was transferred via instant ACH, he may have had better luck getting the law to do something about needing to worry about lawyering up.*

*I don't actually know how this shit works but I do watch a lot of cop shows.

Blimey I get nervous with £10 in my pp balance.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited September 2017

jvnadr said: They would lose the case in any court and they would be arrested for fraud

You know how the liability of a (FL, NV, DE...) LLC works, right? Because it is certainly, absolutely in no way, like this. The owner and chairman (if any) are only in very, very few situations liable at all, and even then just limited.

While the case is clear for a court, jailing or even just to sue the owner or the board head for "fraud" requires them actually knowing the case and having something to do with it, if stages below them do not inform the board they might be liable but not the board or owner. This has been processed countless times against nearly any spectrum of traded and non-traded companies in pretty much any state and the "LIMITED liability" of the company is held up very high in US.

"Fraud" is also hard to prove against a single person inside a company, especially with the very limited data the company needs to provide without court order (like internal emails and so on) while it can use this data to form a defense without giving up all of it.

jiggawattz said: Has any company you ever worked for doctored an invoice to keep an accidental overpayment? From an accounting point of view that is fraud.

No, why would it be? Most EU invoicing is pro-forma and changed only with actual payment, before this there is no invoice at all and the paper you have is worth zero, US companies are mixed in this but i've seen both used.

If you send more money and the "invoice" is adapted - which again, is just paper and no invoice in any way until marked as paid and a real invoice is sent, in some countries/states with seal required, eg. Hungary - this is not fraud at all, and common practice (or even REQUIRED) to add the overpayment as account credits (which cannot exist without invoice either, but have to be taxed at 0% or pre-taxed already on payment).

jetchirag said: I mean customer colocating there can also access - shutdown or do other shit with other customer's hardware?

I sure hope there are cameras.

• vpsguyvpsguy Member
    edited September 2017

• @lazyt said:
    Paypal the company that refuses to remove an bank account my ex closed three years ago. Plus keeps trying to take money from the closed account?

The very same company that refuses to remove a credit card that has expired 3 years ago from my account.
    Because alledgedly there is still a transaction pending.
    Yeah, sure there is.

• @southy said:
    The very same company that refuses to remove a credit card that has expired 3 years ago from my account.

Take this up with your CC provider. I don't think they're legally allowed to do this.

• HadrielHadriel Member
    edited September 2017

Hello there,

We've recently been having a few issues with paypal and our WHMCS billing system. This has resulted in some payments not being marked.

If you've made a payment for an invoice and it wasn't marked, please do not hestitate to open a ticket with your transaction ID. Please try to avoid sending emails as tickets are faster. We will get it fixed. Please do not make a second payment if you've already made a first.

Please email [email protected] or open a ticket. Include the transaction ID in the email/ticket.

We appreciate your help in this matter and we should have it resolved on our end soon.

Thank you,

QuadIX Support.

[email protected]

https://quadix.co

Hopefully that means they are suspended with Paypal on the main billing account.