Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low-end/low prices dedicated: updating the list - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low-end/low prices dedicated: updating the list

2»

Comments

• Definitely worth trying. It's unlikely it will be significantly weaker than Digicube's.

• smansman Member

@Master_Bo said:
    I sympathize with you. Perhaps I am lucky, for I haven't stumbled upon serious problems of mentioned kinds with Burst.net.

It was a few years ago now. Never a second chance to make a first impression though.

• @sman said:
    It was a few years ago now. Never a second chance to make a first impression though.

My first contact with them happened in October, 2009. The first impression was rather positive. Well, it's always kind of gambling - depends on who handles your order, answers tickets etc.

• QPS is used by some hosts here. I guess their service is trustworthy

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited August 2013

WholesaleInternet has a few of their Pentium Grab Bags for $20/month on offer. That's $200 if you pay for a full year. It includes 5 IPv4 and unlimited traffic @ 100 mbit. Support staff usually reacts to a ticket within minutes (in your face, OVH :))

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2013

@pechspilz said:
    WholesaleInternet has a few of their Pentium Grab Bags for $20/month on offer. That's $200 if you pay for a full year. It includes 5 IPv4 and unlimited traffic @ 100 mbit. Support staff usually reacts to a ticket within minutes (in your face, OVH :))

Their network is also DOWN at the moment. :)

• pechspilzpechspilz Member
    edited August 2013

Yeah, but they tell you this in a ticket. You don't have to crawl through heaps of French tweets :-)

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2013

@pechspilz said:
    Yeah, but they tell you this in a ticket. You don't have to crawl through heaps of French tweets :-)

Oh okay that completely makes up for the 2 hours and counting downtime right now. Thanks for that smile face too, completely drives the point that you consider that to be "no big deal". :)

• imperioimperio Member
    edited August 2013

@Zetta said:
    Oh okay that completely makes up for the 2 hours and counting downtime right now.

3 hours and 15 minutes according to my monitoring tool and no ETA.

Thanked by 1talsit
  • ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2013

@imperio said:
    3 hours and 15 minutes according to my monitoring tool and no ETA.

Good thing I have a LEB clone army with Cloudflare 5 minute TTL. Saves lives.

Edit: Would like to see someone offer a VPS with dedicated CPU cores.

• allgoodallgood Member
    edited August 2013

check out needaserver.net Disclaimer: I work there, we have been in dc business many years, but are just starting to offer dedicated- so far all customers are smiling:)

• Thanks for the references. TWIMC, I got a server from Wholesaleinternet, now I can feel the service aspects personally.

• @Master_Bo said:
    Thanks for the references. TWIMC, I got a server from Wholesaleinternet, now I can feel the service aspects personally.

I dont see a $20 server with those guys.

• @joelgm said:
    I dont see a $20 server with those guys.

Their stock varies daily

• Aren't there any cheap ARM based servers?

• @jcaleb buy a Raspberry Pi, colocate it for free. It doesn't get any cheaper than this.

And no, the "real" ARM servers don't look cheap at all.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @jcaleb said:
    Aren't there any cheap ARM based servers?

Is $19 cheap enough for you?

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @BrianHarrison said:
    I believe Wholesale Internet and Joe's Datacenter are in the same building.

Actually we own and operate our own building. We purchased it about 3 years ago and have moved everything there. We no longer have a presence at Oak (other than fiber).
    http://joesdatacenter.com/joes-datacenter-tour

• Wholesale and Datashack are 1 in the same are they not? i know when i had servers there with both the same person would answer support tickets from both companys

• Its my understanding that they have different ownership (but some own in both). Otherwise they have the same staff, same equipment, same building, same providers, same up/downtime ect.

• AmitzAmitz Member

NecroJoe... ;-)

• ya a lot of the latter that's why i canceled them way too much down time.

• @Clancoms said:
    ya a lot of the latter that's why i canceled them way too much down time.

I have heard that. Luckily there are other providers in that price range that don't have as much downtime ;).

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@joesdc said:

I'm glad to see you in LET Joe!

Never used your services, but I've heard a lot good things about you.

Thanked by 1joesdc
  • this thread..... I have now witnessed a resurrection..

• @ronaldgrn said:
    this thread..... I have now witnessed a resurrection..

My bad. I saw some referrers from this page in my web stats and just assumed it was a new thread. I probably should have paid a little more attention.

• I hosted my backups and seedbox on Online.net because they accidentally doubled thr disk space...

I found Digicube before, but it seems that they doesn't support English.

• @thomasthomas71985 said:
    Only 5$ for 5 VPS, what are you waiting for ?

https://www.fiverr.com/s/7yj4oq

So you take free Google Cloud coupons and sell VPS to redeem them?

• zevuszevus Member
    edited March 2015

Ah, nice, ancient thread. I didn't know about the worldstream specials, I see at least one decent offer there..

anyway, since this thread has been resurrected, I guess I'll add seflow.it, if you catch it right as they add the new promos, you can get good system for very cheap (... and why oneprovider resells their stuff). only problem I have w/ it is that you can't upgrade those to 1gbit ports... shame.. last one had some intel 2500, 8GB RAM, 240GB SSD for something like 20 euro a month..

this list is good - https://wiki.nyr.es/servidores_dedicados_low_cost (fixed)

• New threads should definitely be created in such cases...

This discussion has been closed.