Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long you wait for ticket answer before cancel/refund?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How long you wait for ticket answer before cancel/refund?

So.. as the title says, i'm wondering how long do you guys wait for ticket response from the provider, before you ask for cancel or refund if you are eligible for it? For now my vps is unusable for my needs, because provider haven't answered for 25+ hours.

Comments

• Depends on what I paid for

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

emperor said: For now my vps is unusable for my needs, because provider haven't answered for 25+ hours

It's unstable 'because' the provider has not answered for 25 hours or it's unstable 'and' the provider has not answered for 25 hours?

What is the actual issue?

Thanked by 2Aidan rustyhalo
  • I would suggest to wait some time.

Which provider are we talking about? Maybe there's a simple reason, why
    you haven't received an answer for 25 hours like a huge problem.

If the provider isn't answering your tickets, how would you ask for a refund?
    They will not answer this ticket either (if they're really evil guys)

PayPal dispute isn't nice either and many providers out here will not
    give you service anymore.

Give them some time. :-)

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • jetchirag said: Depends on what I paid for

Agree with this. If I paid for 24/7 managed support, then I must have critical services running and waiting for 25 hours may be unacceptable. If I am paying for unmanaged support then I am OK waiting a few days for a ticket response.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • Depends on the day the ticket was opened, time etc - Any holidays/bank holidays where support may not be fully staffed etc? I would probably wait a day or two at the most depending upon the issue and how urgent it is.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • emperoremperor Member
    edited September 2017

AnthonySmith said: What is the actual issue?

Its not unstable, its unusable for me as i cant use openvpn during can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)

Now i can wait for them to enable it 2 days more, cant longer because their refund policy.

• emperor said: its unusable for me as i cant use openvpn during can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist

This is an OpenVZ then right? My recommendation would be to go with a different host since their nodes do not appear to be set up correctly nor are they interested in helping.

Not really sure how much you pay or what the intended use has to do with it as some of the previous responses: if a host can't respond at least once a day, they don't need your money.

Even the crappy French hosts will respond once a day.

edited September 2017

What iptables are you using, OpenVZ containers have limitations, DNAT is your best bet, people usually hit these issues when trying to use nat/masq in the same rule.

Its not really a stability issue, you want your container to do something it won't do out of the box, your host probably just needs to run: vzctl set CTID --netfilter full --save

Really though if this is a big issue for you, you might consider using KVM instead.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WSCallum said: Depends on the day the ticket was opened, time etc - Any holidays/bank holidays where support may not be fully staffed etc? I would probably wait a day or two at the most depending upon the issue and how urgent it is.

I agree. However, if the provider says "world class 24/7 support" "rest easy we've got your back" etc. on their site - as so many do - then that kind of consideration no longer applies.

Thanked by 3AuroraZ WSS Pwner
  • That's nothing I had to wait a month from a provider on here.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

48 hours in most cases. But when it's LET price range, a week or two.

• Interestingly enough, when I sent a cancel request, I finally got attention over a week later.

• Depends a) on the product and b) on my experience with a host so far.

Ad a) Evidently one can't ask the same support level for a 10$/year vps and for a 10$/month vps. And, of course, usually different products come with different support levels.

Ad b) If my experience so far show a given provider to usually react quickly and actually helpfully (i.e. more than mindless blabla à la "we will look at it") then I'm obviously much more patient than if I already experienced the provider as incompetent, slow, or unwilling.

Right now, for instance, I'm waiting already for a week - but that's with a good provider who usually reacts quickly and who actually has to ask upstream himself for me.

It's also noteworthy to see the difference between "I'm lost/don't know unix" and problems related to the provider and his infrastructure, config, etc.

Finally, it should be well understood that if a provider answers "help, I'm lost with unix" questions (even if the customer doesn't perceive it like that...) he is actually acting benevolently and without any obligation whatsoever. Taking a little more time to do that (usually due to first answering real support requests) should be understood and accepted.

Thanked by 2WSS Pwner
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

Have you confirmed they received your ticket by confirming within your account portal? Have you tried another method of contact like email or live chat?
    All providers should have multiple contact points posted on their website.

Some 'one man' operations or 'weekend warriors' may take 24 hours due to time zone differences. I wouldn't stick around.

24 hours is a long time even for LET. I'm shocked people have experienced 1 week and even a month!?! That's ridiculous.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@oneilonline said:
    Have you confirmed they received your ticket by confirming within your account portal? Have you tried another method of contact like email or live chat?

Some 'one man' operations or 'weekend warriors' may take 24 hours due to time zone differences. I wouldn't stick around.

24 hours is a long time even for LET. I'm shocked people have experienced 1 week and even a month!?! That's ridiculous.

It's 2017, 24 hours, even 12 hours for a one man operation is bad!

• oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@MikeA said:

LOL True that!

MikeA said: It's 2017, 24 hours, even 12 hours for a one man operation is bad!

I agree, especially mon-fri with a service impacting issue.

• @AnthonySmith said:

MikeA said: It's 2017, 24 hours, even 12 hours for a one man operation is bad!

I agree, especially mon-fri with a service impacting issue.

You've kind of set a high standard to follow, though. I never would have expected someone to spend days migrating a no-SLA NAT stack just to ensure minimal downtime.

WSS said: You've kind of set a high standard to follow, though. I never would have expected someone to spend days migrating a no-SLA NAT stack just to ensure minimal downtime.

I think a lot of 'part time' hosts have set a low standard tbh, I don't think I do anything but my job.

Thanked by 1Aidan
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I think a lot of 'part time' hosts have set a low standard tbh, I don't think I do anything but my job.

..and that's why nobody talks shit about you.

Thanked by 2Aidan Nekki
  • Choose one of the two options below:

SLA OR Low price

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

@oneilonline said:

or if there in florida like I am preparing for the hurricane(hurricane irma) and hoping it doesn't hit us at all(doesn't look like it though unfortunately)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2017

@cubedata said:

@MikeA said:

@oneilonline said:

or if there in florida like I am preparing for the hurricane(hurricane irma) and hoping it doesn't hit us at all(doesn't look like it though unfortunately)

That's if the person ignores all 500 mandatory evacuation warnings and decides to stay in their house that's only 4 feet above sea level.

.. which I hope you didn't ignore!

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@MikeA said:

@cubedata said:

@MikeA said:

@oneilonline said:

That's if the person ignores all 500 mandatory evacuation warnings and decides to stay in their house that's only 4 feet above sea level.

.. which I hope you didn't ignore!

I didn't though I am not in south florida I am in north florida more inland so they have not issued any evacuation warnings mandatory or voluntary yet for my area but when I said the above I was speaking generally not me specifically in this context.

• emperor said: For now my vps is unusable for my needs, because provider haven't answered for 25+ hours.

1. Most providers don't have 24/7 billing support (I don't know which department you contacted)

2. You get what you pay for.

• I have waited a week before, and from a well known host here that everyone seems to love. I am sorry but to me that was way too long and have since dropped them.