Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which providers provides /32 SWIPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which providers provides /32 SWIPs?

Does anyone know of any providers that can SWIP a /32 for free?

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

RamNode does, IIRC.

• zfedorazfedora Member
    edited August 2013

ARIN's SWIP limit (lowest allocation) is a /29 (last I checked)

https://www.arin.net/resources/request/reassignments.html

• GunterGunter Member
    edited August 2013

@zfedora said:
    ARIN's SWIP limit (lowest allocation) is a /29 (last I checked)

https://www.arin.net/resources/request/reassignments.html

You're required to SWIP in allocations of /29 or larger to entities. I'm not sure if I'm taking it in the right context.

• RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited August 2013

BuyVM does 1IP SWIP for $2. I dont think Ramnode does SWIPs. I asked them about a month ago and answer was No

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We do. Maybe I should charge like BuyVM... ARIN accepts /32 SWIP.

• @Nick_A said:

I imagine you're implying that your SWIPs are free?

@darknyan said:
    I imagine you're implying that your SWIPs are free?

Sadly yes :/ For now.

Poor Nick, he's going to get flooded with SWIP requests now :P

• It's been mentioned before on another thread. This one was simply specifically for /32.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Nick_A said:

We charge because it's a pain in our staffs ass to get it setup.

I'll likely write a module in stallion to allow people to SWIP their IP's automatically
    but that'll have to wait for billing2.

Francisco

More power to you!

• We offer SWIP on IP as well. Planning to charge similarly, but can do it free for the time being. It's really not THAT bad @Francisco Basic email template, fill in the blanks and send off.

Didn't I read somewhere that they have well over 10,000 clients? I can bet the support load is substantial for 3 people before having to do SWIP manually. I'd charge if I were BuyVM, too.

• I guess this is a new thing on Ramnode then.

I've been doing /32 SWIP for a couple weeks - probably just after you asked me (sorry :/). I honestly don't remember turning anyone down recently, but I know I didn't used to do them a while back.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • @Nick_A said:
    Didn't I read somewhere that they have well over 10,000 clients? I can bet the support load is substantial for 3 people before having to do SWIP manually. I'd charge if I were BuyVM, too.

Yeah for sure. Wasn't arguing that, the process itself is simple. The amount of requests on the other hand is a different story :D

Yeah, for you and me, it's not a big deal to load up the old email template and fire a couple off to ARIN every month. But I'm sure Aldryic is doing more than a couple.

• I never SWIP any ip, wonder how they works

Won't want to mess anything up =)

Maybe i will pay BuyVM for a SWIP to see how it is =)

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Dacentec does SWIP so I guess any provider in Dacentec should be able to do the same

• @johnlth93 said:
    I never SWIP any ip, wonder how they works

Won't want to mess anything up =)

Maybe i will pay BuyVM for a SWIP to see how it is =)

SWIP - Shared WhoIs Project, Its all about changing whois of ip to your name. You will need it only if you need to claim ownership of your IP space.

• @peppr said:
    SWIP - Shared WhoIs Project, Its all about changing whois of ip to your name. You will need it only if you need to claim ownership of your IP space.

Ya i kinda knew that because i googled but thanks for explaining.

I do however wondering if the changes reflect as the ISP NAME you see when you're visiting speedtest.net

And by claiming ownership does that mean you going to own that IP? I don't really think so. Could you explain more?

Thanks =)

@johnlth93 said:
    And by claiming ownership does that mean you going to own that IP?

Just your contact data is there. People knows you got that IP, so you get the abuse and people can try to contact you before the ISP if there are problems, for example.

• @Nyr said:
    Just your contact data is there. People knows you got that IP, so you get the abuse and people can try to contact you before the ISP if there are problems, for example.

Thanks for explanation, kinda like domain whois

And what about really own the IPs? Like owning my IP space? or something?

• @johnlth93 said:

Closest you can get to having your information like a provider is if you get something called a POC (Point of Contact) where it essentially shows your abuse, noc, and admin handles on the whois alongside the datacenter/provider's information that OWNS the IP space.

As an example -- this technically has a POC AND a Swip to a private customer on it as well:

http://whois.domaintools.com/208.84.135.92

@johnlth93 said:

You are not going to get your own addresses at low end prices.

The cheaper option is to rent provider-independent addresses. The more expensive option is to get your addresses from ARIN/RIPE/etc.

• @Nyr said:
    The cheaper option is to rent provider-independent addresses. The more expensive option is to get your addresses from ARIN/RIPE/etc.

No longer possible for PI Space.

http://www.ripe.net/lir-services/resource-management/independent-resources/requesting-independent-resources

• Thanks for all the replied, i will look more into it =)

• any other providers doing this? need one for one of my sites.. Currently hosted in Sweden.. for.. um.. purposes....