Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed VPS with CN2 peering?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed VPS with CN2 peering?

Hi,

I am looking for a provider that offers managed vps on a network with CN2 uplink/peering.
I checked hostus.com but the don't offer their managed vps on the CN2 uplink. I would like to run a shadowsocks server for me to connect to (3 simultaneous connections max) but worry about managing and running the vps.

Alternatively, a vpn provider with shandowsocks support would also work.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What's your budget? How much Bandwidth do you need?

• pluushpluush Member
    edited September 2017

It depends on the location. Are you fine with the U.S.? Currently I have a QuadraNet VPS (CN2) over there and run Shadowsocks too. China peering is not too expensive in the U.S. but the price of China peering with Asia can kill your wallet. You can PM me if you're interested in Shadowsocks.

The Chinese government blocked my IP once temporarily for around 8-12hours nationwide, don't know by which algorithm specifically. I currently am pointing the requests at a hostname and use DNS to change to new (backup) servers in case the IPs are temporarily blocked.

P.S. AS8100, can change AS when going to BU server.