Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paypal Bank Withdrawals in minutes. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Paypal Bank Withdrawals in minutes.

2»

Comments

• @ethancedrik said:
    beware if you live in the US and you're with a smaller bank or credit union like I am, the transfer may not be instant, in my case I tried it Friday night and didn't get it until Monday morning.

PayPal informed me that this seems to be the case with a lot of smaller banks and CUs, and refunded me the fee, so in my case it really makes no difference to either use the bank transfer or push-to-card deposit option.

I guess you won't really know which is the case unless you try, or your bank tells you how long it'll take.

Well, DUH. I hate to say this, but, NO SHIT. If you live in BFE, they can't do instawire/ACH, because they're just not setup for it.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited November 2017

WSS said: Well, DUH. I hate to say this, but, NO SHIT. If you live in BFE, they can't do instawire/ACH, because they're just not setup for it.

My friend who tried with his JPMorgan Chase debit card was able to get his within 30 minutes. I'm with a smaller CU in my local city, which apparently doesn't process them until the next business day.
    As stated below, PayPal initially appeared to imply all US financial institutions would take "up to" 30 minutes.

It seems to vary by banks from what I've seen. I was under the impression it would be instant after reading this

"PayPal users in the U.S. will soon be able to instantly transfer money to their bank accounts via eligible debit cards linked to their PayPal account. We expect that funds will typically be available in your bank account in a matter of minutes, although some banks may take up to 30 minutes. Our beta of this is now available to select PayPal users and will be made available to all U.S. PayPal users with eligible Visa or Mastercard debit cards over the coming weeks and months."

https://www.paypal.com/stories/us/transfer-money-instantly-to-your-bank-account-with-paypal

and believed my financial institution would work the same as the big national ones over here, which PayPal seemed to imply would be the case across all United States banks

up to 30 minutes

but their support told me otherwise if you're with a small local bank/CU, otherwise all other functions with my debit card and ACH deposits/withdrawals and wire transfers have all worked the same.

• Basically, unless they're a peer with PayPal, you don't get it the same day. Nothing magical has changed other than mutual jerking.

• @cociu said:
    Always the same. the rich country pay less and the poor country we pay 10x more fees .... so from my part fuck this company`s who is make this difference. Here in romania we pay 2 eur or 2.5 dollars , but i see @Coffee is more fucked compared with me. Nothing political here but where the Fu-k is this help to the poor country ? because i dont see it. Never mind , i will take ma beer and try to ignore all this.

Paypal is not a charity so....

• CasualCanvasCasualCanvas Member
    edited November 2017

@doghouch said:
    Choose "let my bank convert." It sends the funds in the currency you have (no conversion fees from PayPal).

Where in the site do you get that option? I haven't seen that one since 7 years ago on my first withdrawal.

edited November 2017

Where in the site do you get that option? I haven't seen that one since 7 years ago on my first withdrawal.

https://gyazo.com/9cd67651720a4ae73017dd0193bb2d36

• If you are using a bank that PP is partnered with, at least for US debit cards, it's processed as a refund to your card and credited immediately. Same way works with Squarecash

• @ethancedrik said:

https://gyazo.com/9cd67651720a4ae73017dd0193bb2d36

That's for payments from what it seems and not for "Withdrawals".

• I'm a bit worried about security, so: can you make the statement that the system is wp or php based? * mistrusting look*

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, UK is leading the world in a few areas, among them banking and pop (and some other fields) culture, I am not surprised they have 0 fees and it happens instantly.

edited November 2017

@Maounique said:
    Well, UK is leading the world in a few areas, among them banking and pop (and some other fields) culture, I am not surprised they have 0 fees and it happens instantly.

Yeah even the standard for direct deposit/transferring funds into a US bank account, the US ACH system, that can take up to a day or two for every bank in the US

For an instant transfer, for the banks that actually are able support it instantly instead of next-day, the push-to-card payments are really the only option that exists right now in the US

Well until as I mentioned earlier same day ACH is fully rolled out over here, but as of right now this is what we have, besides wire transfers.