Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone interested in unmetered 100Mbit/sec bandwidth (fair-share) LA/Miami & custom panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone interested in unmetered 100Mbit/sec bandwidth (fair-share) LA/Miami & custom panel?

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
edited August 2013 in General

Hello,

As the title says, would anyone be interested in unmetered 100Mbit/sec bandwidth (fair-share) in LA or Miami ?

Fair-share implies the fact that you can use as much as you want, as long as it does not affect other VPSes on the node.

I have 2 locations in mind, which would you prefer ?
-> Los Angeles or Miami ?

Pricing would be in LEB range (less than or equal to $7/month)

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thanks!

Custom panel :

Features : http://wiki.crowncloud.net/doku.php/vps_panel

Screenshots : http://imgur.com/a/en0ye

Comments

• udkudk Member
    edited August 2013

I'm not sure I understand how you offer unmetered 100mbit if there's a limit. Assuming you have 50 VPS on one server, that's just 2mbit each (again assuming people actually use it, but why would you buy unmetered bandwidth if you weren't going to use it?)

Maybe I'm missing something.

• EvoEvo Member

Miami

• I would be interested if it's in LA

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

@udk said:
    I'm not sure I understand how you offer unmetered 100mbit if there's a limit. Assuming you have 50 VPS on one server, that's just 2mbit each (again assuming people actually use it, but why would you buy unmetered bandwidth if you weren't going to use it?)

Maybe I'm missing something.

Hi,
    Yep, That's one way of seeing it, but yeah, you can always burst upto and use 100Mbit/sec, as long as it wont affect other VPSes on the same node, now how you achieve that is upto you, a few examples would be using more bandwidth during night time or during off-peak hours etc

@Evo said:
    Miami

@johnlth93 said:
    I would be interested if it's in LA

Any particular reason why?

• 100Mbit "unmetered" is only ~1.3TB/mo. Nothing special when you look at the bandwidth from other offers.

• @SpeedBus said:
    Any particular reason why?

I reside in Asia, LA usually get better connectivity to Asia

• udkudk Member

@awson said:
    100Mbit "unmetered" is only ~1.3TB/mo. Nothing special when you look at the bandwidth from other offers.

How'd you come to that? Maxing out 100Mbit would get around 33TB/month. I personally prefer hard limits so that I'm not paying for other people's bandwidth and there's a greater chance of being able to burst when you need it.

@awson said:
    100Mbit "unmetered" is only ~1.3TB/mo. Nothing special when you look at the bandwidth from other offers.

Nah, 100 Mbit/sec unmetered = ~32 / ~33 TB

@udk said:
    How'd you come to that? Maxing out 100Mbit would get around 33TB/month. I personally prefer hard limits so that I'm not paying for other people's bandwidth and there's a greater chance of being able to burst when you need it.

Hmm okay, point noted, will look into higher hard limits like 5 TB+ or so

• awsonawson Member
    edited August 2013

@udk said:

@SpeedBus said:
    Nah, 100 Mbit/sec unmetered = ~32 / ~33 TB

My bad, got my math wrong.

But yeah, it's not really "unmetered" if you're putting a limit on it. It'll make high-bandwidth customers worried that they might be using too much and get suspended.

Market it as 33TB/mo and hope that people won't abuse it use it all.

@johnlth93 said:
    I reside in Asia, LA usually get better connectivity to Asia

Ah, yep, will most probably use the Quadranet DC

edited August 2013

@awson said:
    But yeah, it's not really "unmetered" if you're putting a limit on it. It'll make high-bandwidth customers worried that they might be using too much and get suspended.

Hmm, but that would apply to everything, even if you get 1 Gbit/sec unmetered, there will be a final limit as to how much you can push/pull in a month, hence the reason I put out Fair-share, you can use as much as you want, as long as it wont affect other VPSes on the same node.

• EvoEvo Member

@SpeedBus

Miami have better connectivity/latency to Europe - you get fast connection to Europe and USA

@Evo said:
    SpeedBus

Miami have better connectivity/latency to Europe - you get fast connection to Europe and USA

Ah yep :) okay noted that as well :)

• What DC in Miami?

@serverian said:
    What DC in Miami?

Quadranet