Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budgetvm deleted my VPS without a reason!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budgetvm deleted my VPS without a reason!

Just a hour ago I found my VPS was lost, so I filed a ticket and was replied.

Hello,

Your VPS is failing to boot up unfortunately, it seems that the image is missing.

Unfortunately we won't be able to bring this back online without an OS reload.

How would you like to proceed?

Hello,

The image is essential since it stores a core part of your VPS. I'm unsure how it was deleted. It isn't possible to restore, and we do not have a backup unfortunately. The only option at this point will be an OS reload.

Is there anyone else using budgetvm's VPS? You have to be careful.

What shall I do?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Sucks, but I'm assuming you weren't running a single point of failure from a service with budget in the name, so shouldn't be much work to do. What you should be doing now is restoring the OS and putting it back into play with your backups, or replacing it if you feel the cost of that particular instance is no longer equal to your expectations of it.

• tonyapac said: What shall I do?

You should have prayed more.

• tonyapactonyapac Member
    edited September 2017

@jarland said:
    Sucks, but I'm assuming you weren't running a single point of failure from a service with budget in the name, so shouldn't be much work to do. What you should be doing now is restoring the OS and putting it back into play with your backups, or replacing it if you feel the cost of that particular instance is no longer equal to your expectations of it.

Thanks for the advice.
    Luckily I pay monthly.

• @bersy said:

tonyapac said: What shall I do?

You should have prayed more.

They just replied that they had restored my VPS img file.

I will go to check it.

• Just curious: normally, how would an image go missing?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited September 2017

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: normally, how would an image go missing?

It grew a pair of legs and ran?

Hang on, so they said the image was "missing" and unrestorable and your ONLY option was to reload the entire OS and then suddenly they restored it? Either it's a mis-understanding/mis-communication and they've explained it to you now, or they're incompetent and maybe it's best to find another provider.

Based on reviews I found on Google, I'd say #2, but I'm open to being corrected.

• @Ho-ost said:

@angstrom said:
    Just curious: normally, how would an image go missing?

It grew a pair of legs and ran?

Hang on, so they said the image was "missing" and unrestorable and your ONLY option was to reload the entire OS and then suddenly they restored it? Either it's a mis-understanding/mis-communication and they've explained it to you now, or they're incompetent and maybe it's best to find another provider.

Based on reviews I found on Google, I'd say #2, but I'm open to being corrected.

Yeah, I mean, if the OS had already been loaded/installed, what image went missing in the first place? Or did the provider accidentally delete/overwrite the OP's VPS?

• I'm going to strongly recommend that you take full and complete ongoing daily (or even hourly) backups of anything that you have stored on any BudgetVM or Enzu service.

• Your image just went missing. Ohhkaaaay.

• @Damian said:
    I'm going to strongly recommend that you take full and complete ongoing daily (or even hourly) backups of anything that you have stored on any BudgetVM or Enzu service.

You are absolutely right. This provider is not reliable.

• They are more reliable than a lot of the providers here are. Then again, their target market are Chinese.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

I'm guessing this was Para Virtualization and there was some kind of dedup from a template which they deleted?

If they lost your hard drive image (which I normally called "hard drive volume" so as not to be confused with disk images etc for installation) thats a big mistake.

Either-way they should at-least credit ($$ or months) you for their f*ck-up if that's what happened.

• Firstly they said, they don't have backup and then how they restored it???

Doesn't look like a reliable provider, I suggest to move to another one. :)

• @WSS said:
    Your image just went missing. Ohhkaaaay.

That was a misunderstanding. Actually the dog ate it. Super-duper-honestly.

• @bsdguy said:

@WSS said:

I hear the image was last seen with a Ramsey parent.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • @WSS said:

@bsdguy said:

@WSS said:

I hear the image was last seen with a Ramsey parent.

Hmm? Image was sent back to owner already