Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would anyone be interested in VPS/Dedi in Ukraine?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would anyone be interested in VPS/Dedi in Ukraine?

For a long time now I wanted to open my own hosting company or invest/partner up with an already existing one. This is a small step in that direction.

I would like to do a little research first.

Are there any consumers or hosting companies interested in Dedicated or VPS hosting in Ukraine?

I can provide low-end Dedicated servers on 100mbit ports starting at about $50/month with a small initial setup cost. High-end servers are also possible but would require a contract for at least 6 months.

If there is enough interest in this I will make it happen.

The best case scenario would be to partner up with a company that could make orders in bulk and help with the initial costs. I am a system administrator so I can fulfill any request that you might have. (Install OnApp, Load balancing, Firewalls...)

Post your opinions over here or send me a PM if you are interested to work with me.

Thanks

Comments

• There's infiumhost in UA already, they have dedicated servers from 39$/month, maybe you should offer something cheaper or focus on low-end vps.

• AmfyAmfy Member

@tr1cky said:
    There's infiumhost in UA already, they have dedicated servers from 39$/month, maybe you should offer something cheaper or focus on low-end vps.

Price isn't just everything :) - but ok, if he wants to provide enterprise services, LET might be the wrong place to ask for advice.

I'm not sure how Infiumhost is now, but back in the days where they started, we had lots of issues with them, also lots of weird things happened in the background, etc...

• jimaekjimaek Member
    edited August 2013

Still, do you think people are interested in Ukraine based hosting of any kind? Cheap VPS, high powered servers, anything.

• I had a dedicated from InfiumHost some time ago. I can't complain on support/whatever, they are quite good, but there often were problems with connectivity. I assume it wasn't fault of Infium, nor I know whether now, several years later, the situation is better.

But I suspect your services should bring something special "to stand from the crowd", even though the crowd isn't that dense.

So, if you are serious about your hosting plans, I'd be glad to be updated.

• Why Ukraine?

• @itgods Because I live there :)

• What a good reason. :D

• @jimaek said:
    itgods Because I live there :)

This is a small world...

• I would be interested in low end VPS. There are already a few providers in the Ukraine which offer VPS for a acceptable price but their connectivity and network speed aren't the best. A good English speaking support team would also be great! I haven't seen that yet (in the Ukraine).

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Ukraine is a part of Russia?

Target continent instead of only Ukrane.

For example: If I will provide dedicated server in my country then I will target Asia instead of only my country

• @DewlanceVPS It was part of the Soviet Union... 22 years ago.

• Ukraine is a part of Russia?

Are you for real?

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Ukraine is a part of Russia?

Not any more. However, Ukraine's hosters are quite popular in Russian Federation.

• @jimaek said:
    I can provide low-end Dedicated servers on 100mbit ports starting at about $50/month with a small initial setup cost. High-end servers are also possible but would require a contract for at least 6 months.

Doesnt seem too lowend to me, but of course LET/LEB has spoiled me. :) Depends on the machine's specs I suppose.

1. Ukraine is not part of Russia but we all do speak Russian. Most people in east Ukraine don't even know Ukrainian.
    2. The server doesn't seem like lowend because the bandwidth is very expensive over here.
    3. Ukrainian hosting is just an idea. If I finally open a company I will provide EU or USA. But I won't do it until I have something that will differentiate me from the mass.
  • Ukraine is not part of Russia, but every now and then Russia tries to intimidate and bring Ukraine under their heel, and Ukraine fiercely resists!!

• @rchurch said:
    Ukraine is not part of Russia, but every now and then Russia tries to intimidate and bring Ukraine under their heel, and Ukraine fiercely resists!!

Untrue, politely saying.
    Perhaps we should stay within hosting-related aspects.

Thanked by 1ska
  • rchurchrchurch Member
    edited August 2013

@Master_Bo said:
    Perhaps we should stay within hosting-related aspects.

Don't be so sensitive. Russia has always had a bullying relationship with its smaller neighbours, just like all the major superpowers.

• What's Ukraine's legal enforcements on things related to DMCA?

• @sundaymouse said:
    What's Ukraine's legal enforcements on things related to DMCA?

I believe colocall in the Ukraine used to host Demonoid for a period of time. Maybe that gives a rough idea.

• @rchurch said:
    Don't be so sensitive.

It's simply irrelevant in this topic, IMNSHO. Otherwise, your statements are of no real interest to me.