Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a low cost VPS located in India
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a low cost VPS located in India

tp2121tp2121 Member
edited September 2017 in Requests

Hi,

Need an India based VPS (low cost) to run openVPN to stream geo locked TV, Sports.

I was using i-83.net but for some reason, quadhost changed the IP to a UK based IP (from an Indian IP) and quadhost wont reply to my ticket/emails.

Please PM your offers. Thanks.

Comments

• digitalocean?

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Try @leapswitch or e2enetworks. But reliable providers in India are rather thin on the ground.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2017

How much bandwidth you'll consume per month with the streams ?

I do have a promo running on Indian VPS (located in Mumbai) but its for $10/mo

If you want to try it for $5 for first month then let me know.

EDIT:

If you require unmetered bandwidth, let me know. I'll cap your VM at < 5M so that its not a hassle for other users on the same node.

• so thats like $10 for 5M bandwidth ?

• Yea :) I was about to ask the same thing.. $10 for 5M??

• Of all these options, digitalocean sounds promising. When I was researching digitalocean - I was thinking to myself - why not set up a VPC in amazons cloud (off Mumbai region)? As it is, the first year is going to be free.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2017

tp2121 said: Of all these options, digitalocean sounds promising. When I was researching digitalocean - I was thinking to myself - why not set up a VPC in amazons cloud (off Mumbai region)? As it is, the first year is going to be free.

Not sure about VPC or the first year, any "free tier" at Amazon tends to be a minefield of hidden charges. However now that you mention them, there's their Lightsail brand, which is much simpler and upfront about pricing and service, and also has a Mumbai location, at pricing which matches DO.

Thanked by 2Droidzone ravepen
  • Thanks for the pointer on Lightsail. I am going to give it a spin with thier first month free option.

• @tp2121 said:
    Yea :) I was about to ask the same thing.. $10 for 5M??

He said unmetered bandwidth for $10. the 5M is the Port Speed. I don't know if it is 5 Mbps or 5 MB/s. I think it is the second one.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

yokowasis said: I don't know if it is 5 Mbps or 5 MB/s. I think it is the second one.

Nope, when talking 3rd world, port speeds and "5M", it's pretty much certain to be Mbits, not MB (MBytes).

Thanked by 2Aidan BlaZe
  • even 5Mbps is good at that rate. not expecting 5MBPS, this is Asian region

Thanked by 2WSS BlaZe
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@rm_ said:

yokowasis said: I don't know if it is 5 Mbps or 5 MB/s. I think it is the second one.

Nope, when talking 3rd world, port speeds and "5M", it's pretty much certain to be Mbits, not MB (MBytes).

True. I meant 5Mbps (Mega bits per second).
    Correct me if I'm wrong but 5Mbps is enough to view 480p videos (right ?)

• BlaZe said: True. I meant 5Mbps (Mega bits per second). Correct me if I'm wrong but 5Mbps is enough to view 480p videos (right ?)

That's right.

• MridulMridul Member
    edited September 2017

Did u try xinix.in ?
    Ctrls.in is also a very good option.

Thanked by 1szarka
  • prometeus have service in pune india. but currently out of stock. you may ticket them if there is a way to accommodate you

• Thank you everyone for your tips and comments. I went with Lightsail.