Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Payment Gateways for hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Payment Gateways for hosting?

as title says, what are you people using for maxium amount of payment ways? and does it integrate with WHMCS?

Comments

• Paypal + Coinpayments.net - Yep and yep

• @Ho-ost said:
    Paypal + Coinpayments.net - Yep and yep

Isin't Authorize and 2checkout better?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I don't use WHMCS, but I use Paypal + Stripe for billing clients. Considered BitPay but I'm not really in a tech savvy market so it wouldn't get used. Those are also the 3 I see most used by hosts I buy from.

• 2checkout for international clients as my primary currency is USD.
    For INR, i use Instamojo.

Payumoney India offers a gateway but there is a problem while a client pays in INR. It will credit $10 evenif the client pays Rs.10.
    So not using Payumoney anymore

• What do you use ?

@Harambe said:
    I don't use WHMCS, but I use Paypal + Stripe for billing clients. Considered BitPay but I'm not really in a tech savvy market so it wouldn't get used. Those are also the 3 I see most used by hosts I buy from.

• 2CO is ridiculous, they shut down my account once for being a "BitLocker" or something and took over a year for them to re-review it.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:
    What do you use ?

Don't run a hosting biz, but I use Freshbooks for billing clients.

• I prefer cash plain brown bags or envelopes. Non sequential bills. Makes tracking it harder.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

For WHMCS I added bitpay because it was requested. Paypal has been active since day 1.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

2CheckOut no longer supports hosting providers.

• @Clouvider said:

Really? I haven't received any mail. My site category is "Hosting"

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

PayPal + Stripe + Square

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@intepentium0 said:

@Clouvider said:

Wait till you start generating volume, as we did, for the avoidance of doubt, zero chargebacks.

Their definition of cyberlocker is broad enough that they included the shared hosting, vps and dedicated servers in it. Anything that can store any data on a remote computer is a cyberlocker to them.

It was reviewed, at I believe, director level and the decision was not changed. It was hundreds of others hit when they enforced it last time.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

My site hostmayo.com is also using 2co and I have been getting payments for the last three years. I guess my low volume might be the reason the don't consider me cyberlocker.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2017

@intepentium0 said:

@Clouvider said:

Why do you use them?

We used to use 2checkout but they do odd stuff, as they are very unprofessional - at the beginning they do accept the orders and validate the orders as OK (without any fraud) and after 2 weeks they do suspect as fraudulent order and refund the order without our permission. They did once to our genuine customer for whom we developed online system, our customer never contacted 2CO or bank! My personal feedback about 2CO is: most unprofessional, clueless support and incompetent company which for some reason still exist.

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

Paypal + coingate

• PayPal + Stripe.

If you are a student you can get "Waived transaction fees on first $1000 in revenue processed" with Stripe .

https://education.github.com/pack

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I find it funny 2CO still pays WHMCS for advertisement on the gateway page yet they seem to hate hosts who actually have volume.

• WSSWSS Member

Well, @MikeA, that's because they just intended it to be something to checkout.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • @MikeA said:
    I find it funny 2CO still pays WHMCS for advertisement on the gateway page yet they seem to hate hosts who actually have volume.

When you say volume, what do you mean? $xx,xxx or $xxx,xxx ?

• btw anyone accepting paysafecard?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@blackjack4494 said:
    btw anyone accepting paysafecard?

I accept Paysafe via PaymentWall.

PaymentWall is great, though some don't like it due to the wait times on payments. Depending on the gateway it can take 30-90 days to actually get the money into your account. Might be bad for higher cost services.

• I have used 2CO and paypal , I personally prefer paypal.

• I use authorize.net, paypal and bitpay currently.

• alipay

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Coinpayments, Bitpay, PayPal, creditcard, 2CO etc.