Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Intel launches Xeon-W processors.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Intel launches Xeon-W processors.

Comments

• What the hell they are doing... I thought that they will push Xeon SP line more. Now this.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Their new product lineups are a huge mess.

• Nope.

• Panic response to AMD Zen.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Panic? Yeah, they had a meeting after on the day of release, designed them over the dinner and here they are. How long do you think it takes to design and release a line of anything ?

• Clouvider said: How long do you think it takes to design and release a line of anything ?

2 days

I honestly believe the release of AMD's competitive products sped up Intels release schedule by quite a bit, though at the same time I'm aware that the R&D time of a x86-64 CPU is at least a couple of years months - so they've had these products lined up for quite a while already.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Aidan said:

Clouvider said: How long do you think it takes to design and release a line of anything ?

2 days

I honestly believe the release of AMD's competitive products sped up Intels release schedule by quite a bit, though at the same time I'm aware that the R&D time of a x86-64 CPU is at least a couple of years months - so they've had these products lined up for quite a while already.

Rumour is the biggest buyer will be Apple for Mac Pro, so it would be just in time frankly.

Thanked by 1Aidan