Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Solutions website/VPS down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liquid Solutions website/VPS down

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited August 2013 in Providers

My Seattle VPS went unreachable a while ago, now website is not responding either (returns 524 timeout through CloudFlare) so can't submit ticket. Do they run website on same network as their VPS?

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

Yeah it keeps going up and down, at least for me. I doubt it's a CloudFlare issue.

Anyone in Seattle with node up (or down)?

• Up for me too.

Seems like load issue on the host node.

• wychwych Member

Up for me, not a bad site design either.

edited August 2013

VPS still down :/

Website is back to normal.

• wychwych Member

@perennate said:
    VPS still down :/

Website is back to normal.

Can you access the CP to try a reboot - last VPS of mine that went down needed a manual reboot?

Doesn't seem to work (tried both direct and through WHMCS). Also I can connect to it, SSH almost finished loading but didn't quite give a bash shell. Everything times out though (including website). Didn't get reply to ticket yet.

• Seems fine here :)

@Reece said:
    Seems fine here :)

Your Seattle VPS online?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2013

The main website is not hosted in Seattle, it's from a series of load balancers ending with Cloudflare. There are multiple fail points afaik but I believe Cloudflare was the issue.

I'm actually on temporary leave at the moment from Liquid, but if there are still issues I can hop on, Alex should be returning this evening I believe, but I have sent him a message regarding these issues, he does seem to be away atm. :-)

• Unfortunately my vps with liquid solutions is also down, it's now down for 6 hours and 30 minutes, it's not rebootable via the cp and my ticket made 1 hour and 30 minutes ago isn't answered yet.

edited August 2013

Oh, I do apologise. Now that I've checked, there is a problem with the Seattle7, the server does appear to be unresponsive. I will see what I can do to alleviate this issue although I'm on temporary leave for my own personal reasons. I know this is not of much use to those with VPS's which are down but the other 5 or so nodes in Seattle are working fine, just seems to be this one.

I will go through the ticket list, and now looking back on it Alex did actually tell me that he was going to hospital this Thursday, and funnily (or not so funnily) enough I was in hospital until now.

At the moment it seems to have been a kernel panic on the node and it seems this node doesn't have IPMI access at the moment. I will continue to work on this to resolve it. :-)

I do apologise for the inconvenience and sorry for all this confusion.

I have gone by each ticket and responded making sure each VPS from the tickets are up, if there are any problems just reply to the ticket or make a new one and I will get to it. It is back up however I am looking into the root cause hopefully from the provider (ColoCrossing).

• It seems, whenever there's problem, Alex's sick or in Hospital, very good word,"sick", "Hospital". His sickness always relates to server down it seems...

edited August 2013

@MorningIris said:
    It seems, whenever there's problem, Alex's sick or in Hospital, very good word,"sick", "Hospital". His sickness always relates to server down it seems...

That of course you would have to speak with Alex with, but I think it's more an issue of not being able to monitor things as best as he could and of course bad luck and a lot of it. I am not sure really, as I said I'm on temporary leave and have come in out of my own time to solve this problem. Waiting on the provider of the node to comeforth and help diagnose the issue on this node.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but in the last few months there have not been any more downtimes apart from this Seattle7 node. :-)

• No problem, a 7 h 30m downtime because of a kernel panic can happen.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hello,

I was indeed away until 30 minutes ago. The node did get into a kernel panic. It was pingable and no alerts were sent to my phone. I, myself was on a check up, due some health issues I've been having the past couple of months. My tablet died a couple of hours ago, I couldn't respond to all tickets and handle everything while in there. Thanks to Humza, it is back online.

Please note, that all other nodes have over 150-200 days of uptime. I am investigatign this furtherly, trying to make sure this won't happen again.

Alexander

Thanked by 1Infinity

And... down again.

@Infinity said:
    Correct me if I'm mistaken but in the last few months there have not been any more downtimes apart from this Seattle7 node. :-)

There was also downtime for three or so hours on June 29.

• It's pretty unfortunate, that after the first downtime of 7 hours and 30 minutes there was another downtime 6 hours and 11 minutes today, that makes an uptime of 92% in the last seven days.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

The later downtime was due a DDoS over the hostnode. It's really unfortunate and this is the only node that is affected by those downtimes.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    The later downtime was due a DDoS over the hostnode. It's really unfortunate and this is the only node that is affected by those downtimes.

Thanks for your notice.