Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SpamExperts acquired by SolarWinds MSP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SpamExperts acquired by SolarWinds MSP

ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

SpamExperts has been acquired by SolarWinds. The following email came about half an hour ago.

What are your thoughts on this next acquisition of SolarWinds?

We have some exciting news to share with you.

SpamExperts has been acquired by SolarWinds® MSP the leading global provider of comprehensive, scalable IT service management solutions.

As you know, SpamExperts has provided SaaS-based mail protection and mail archiving services for best-in-class MSPs, ISPs, telcos, and other IT service providers globally for more than ten years. SolarWinds MSP empowers more than 20,000 IT service providers worldwide with technologies to fuel their success. Solutions that integrate layered security, collective intelligence, and smart automation—both on-premises and in the cloud, backed by actionable data insights, help IT service providers get the job done easier and faster. SolarWinds MSP helps its customers focus on what matters most—meeting their SLAs and delivering services efficiently and effectively. The acquisition of SpamExperts will augment the SolarWinds MSP mail offering, building on global market leadership of the SpamExperts email security solutions deployed in the cloud or on-premises, with services for incoming (spam and virus) filtering, outgoing filtering, and email archiving.

Your relationship with us is our most important focus and concern, and while you may expect us to say there will be “no impact to you” because of this change, the truth is, you are going to be empowered to succeed. You will now have more direct access to a broader portfolio of solutions to include mail, as well as remote monitoring and management, backup and recovery, threat vulnerability assessment tools, and more.

Please be assured that there will be no immediate changes to support or billing. In the coming months, you will learn more and more about how SolarWinds MSP can help you and your business. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to one of us, or any member of the SpamExperts team with any questions.

I’m so excited to be able to officially welcome you to the SolarWinds MSP family.

Sincerely,
Sam Renkema, CEO, SpamExperts and John Pagliuca, SVP and General Manager, SolarWinds MSP

Thanked by 1mehargags

Comments

• RizRiz Member

I'm not surprised, they've been doing this over the years. SolarWinds has their hands in too much from what I've noticed.

Reminds me of IBM...

• Let's hope they won't increase pricing... But then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they did :')

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Spam Experts is a good option because it's fairly affordable, especially on the web host license. Would be a pity if they drifted off this model.

• Please be assured that there will be no immediate changes to support or billing.

Yes, fuck us and increase the prices because why not.

• @Clouvider said:
    Spam Experts is a good option because it's fairly affordable, especially on the web host license. Would be a pity if they drifted off this model.

Indeed, I like it so far as well :-D And the filtering does fairly good, except they managed to kill emails coming from Enom systems recently :|

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Clouvider said:

Whats their pricing like? And vs mail channels?

• @MikePT said:

@Clouvider said:

You can't compare them much IMO, the billing model works very differently, MailChannels charge per 1k emails that you sent, where SpamExperts charges for the amount of filtered domains, but not on the amount of emails.

I also like MailChannels more for outgoing filtering than SpamExperts, it seems to have less false positives, where the incoming filtering for SpamExperts are literally amazing.

Also I don't think anyone with SpamExperts contracts are actually allowed to discuss pricing.

Thanked by 2MikePT Clouvider

@Zerpy said:

@MikePT said:

@Clouvider said:

You can't compare them much IMO, the billing model works very differently, MailChannels charge per 1k emails that you sent, where SpamExperts charges for the amount of filtered domains, but not on the amount of emails.

I also like MailChannels more for outgoing filtering than SpamExperts, it seems to have less false positives, where the incoming filtering for SpamExperts are literally amazing.

Also I don't think anyone with SpamExperts contracts are actually allowed to discuss pricing.

Understood. Thank you. I have been considering to implement Mail Channels. Still need to think about it.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

MikePT said: Understood. Thank you. I have been considering to implement Mail Channels. Still need to think about it.

Let me know when you need a plan...

@gleert said:

MikePT said: Understood. Thank you. I have been considering to implement Mail Channels. Still need to think about it.

Let me know when you need a plan...

I will :), you are the first in my list. Btw is it easy to integrate with cPanel?

Im still analyzing the right package I should go for.

Thanked by 1gleert
  • gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

MikePT said: I will :), you are the first in my list. Btw is it easy to integrate with cPanel?

There are 2 ways to do it: manually add the code to the mailserver config or via a plugin

MikePT said: Im still analyzing the right package I should go for.

You can always upgrade... Start small

Thanked by 1MikePT

@gleert said:

MikePT said: I will :), you are the first in my list. Btw is it easy to integrate with cPanel?

There are 2 ways to do it: manually add the code to the mailserver config or via a plugin

MikePT said: Im still analyzing the right package I should go for.

You can always upgrade... Start small

Ah so there is a plugin?

Yeah planning to but there is a user that keeps using too much and I cant just kick them out. I would need 10k at least... I need to ask him to stop sending so many emails about his blog.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

gleert said: gleert

what is movil and cif ?

The following errors occurred:

NIF / CIF is required
    Movil is required

http://prntscr.com/gf1tza

@hostdare said:

gleert said: gleert

what is movil and cif ?

The following errors occurred: