Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Backup server limitation we may used for ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is Backup server limitation we may used for ?

iSkyiSky Member

I just got offering from a few sites about the BACKUP SERVER, i just wanna know what is this server are plan beside as our backup data ?
maybe as seedbox ? at least the data that we store wasn't against the DMCA
is it allright ? or the back up server was really just for the BACK UP and cannot or may not being use as another purpose ?

Comments

• The best approach is to ask the provider about ToS/AUP concerning backup servers.

In general those are usually servers with large disk space, good storage reliability and convenient means to perform data backups - rsync/scp/whatever available.

If server specs allow and if provider doesn't mind, one can use backup server for any legitimate purpose.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • For backup it's better to choose a dedicated backup provider. I mean PC backup. I have been using CrashPlan for close to an year without a problem. jm2c.

• @devil that isn't what they are asking about at all.

@isky theoretically yes you could probably do a seed box (assuming TOS allows it), but they usually have small bandwidth plans and so you will have to pay a pretty penny to get more of that if you really intend to do seeding.

Not fully sure why you are so intent on creating a bunch of seed boxes, but that isn't my problem.

Mun

• @mun we already discuss it at my other discussion, you may check there. we got a people to offence about torrenting. i think we can end it before more people coming and start to debate again. i just asking because curious about the back up plan on the provider, no more than that.

• @Mun said:
    devil that isn't what they are asking about at all.

And that is why was this "jm2c" in case you missed it.