Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NOCIX Doesn't Want My Money? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NOCIX Doesn't Want My Money?

2»

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I've had boxes on and off with them for a while and their tech support has always been fast and helpful.

Billing in the other hand is super slow to respond to anything.

• I don't remember having to give Paypal my ID or any of that, just my bank account info and SSN. Infact I had to give companies like Payoneer and Paxum more info then I did with Paypal.

• GuyPGuyP Member
    edited September 2017

jvnadr said: If you open a bank account in any bank, they will ask you for photo ID, social security number and a lot of legal documents. Why should paypal not do the same?

Because I don't want to hire them as a bank, I don't want their banking services. I want them to process my credit card like a grocery store or any other merchant does without requesting a bunch of intrusive information.

jvnadr said: Go to your local bank and try to open an account without legal documents

Again, I do not want to open an account with Paypal and utilize their banking services.

• GuyP said: Because I don't want to hire them as a bank, I don't want their banking services. I want them to process my credit card like a grocery store or any other merchant does without requesting a bunch of intrusive information.

It sounds like you're a little confused about this. :) You are not buying anything from Paypal like you are from a grocery store. You are using their banking services.

Also, you don't need a Paypal account to pay via them. For example, to pay me for anything you can click on my Paypal logo (or I can send you a Paypal bill) and you will be able to use your credit card of choice. You do not need a Paypal account to use this function. That part is just like a grocery store - who can do the same if they have a Paypal account.

• GuyPGuyP Member
    edited September 2017

Ole_Juul said: You are using their banking services.

Nocix is using their banking services. I am simply trying to purchase something from Nocix. I do not need to open a bank account at someone's bank to pay them with a check, or wire them money, or deposit money. I do not need to open a bank account with my grocery store's credit card processor in order to buy their goods.

Ole_Juul said: You do not need a Paypal account to use this function.

In this instance you're incorrect. The Paypal Express feature on Nocix.com doesn't allow checking out via Paypal without a Paypal account. Unless they changed it recently...

• GuyP said: In this instance you're incorrect.

You're right. :) (I just did a bit of Googling.) I didn't realize that Paypal Express is something quite different in how it functions. So yes, that's a choice that Nocix has made. Too bad for them.

• painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited September 2017

@sin said:
    I don't remember having to give Paypal my ID or any of that, just my bank account info and SSN. Infact I had to give companies like Payoneer and Paxum more info then I did with Paypal.

They don't when you first open a paypal account, but they can ask for more ID later..