Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheapest Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheapest Windows VPS

Hello

I would like to find cheapest possible Windows VPS, I don't have special requirements like RAM or CPU, I would like to play a bit with plesk control panel so I don't even need full month of that VPS just about 2 weeks until plesk's trial period will end. It is all for my personal use, for learning new things and for fun. I never have Windows and plesk experience in terms of administration only booring linux ;) so anyone will make my first time? ;)

Comments

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

Maybe one of the windows vps LET Deals is interesting for you.

• @ChristianDSH said:
    Maybe one of the windows vps LET Deals is interesting for you.

Is the offer for €2.98EUR already included Windows licence or do I need to buy it separately and if yes in what price? Also, can you tell me in wchich language Windows will be installed? I don't speak German so it could be difficult for me if Windows will be in German language.

marson said: Is the offer for €2.98EUR already included Windows licence or do I need to buy it separately and if yes in what price? Also, can you tell me in wchich language Windows will be installed? I don't speak German so it could be difficult for me if Windows will be in German language.

Windows is already pre - activated, if you choose 2012 i can install the english language pack for you.

• @ChristianDSH this servers comes with really unlimited traffic?

edited August 2017

@mtsbatalha it's fair use traffic, in the normal package is 2tb included per month, that should be enough for a small vps, since something like seeding or filesharing isn't allowed anyway.

*Edit: But with voxility ddos protection i could add a little more on top of it.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

marson said: I would like to find cheapest possible Windows VPS, I don't have special requirements like RAM or CPU, I would like to play a bit with plesk control panel

BuyVM slices would probably be the cheapest, however, I'm not sure how they handle their 1/4 core CPU. Probably ask them about that. Anyway, you wouldn't be able to do much with that on Windows. In addition, Plesk lists the minimum requirements as 30GB disk and 2GB RAM.

So if you actually need 30GB disk and 2GB RAM, then we would become a viable option as well.

SLICE 2048
    1/2 Core @ 3.5GHz (Shared)
    2GB RAM
    40GB SSD
    Unmetered Bandwidth (Fair use or throttled I assume)
    $7/mo
    https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/
    SSD2G
    2 Core @ 2GHz (Shared)
    2GB RAM
    35GB SSD (RAID 10)
    2TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (Shared Port)
    $10/mo (30% off with coupon LEB30 so it'd be same pricing)
    https://virmach.com/windows-remote-desktop-vps/

If you only need two weeks for learning purposes, register with us and private message me your e-mail. I can cut you a good deal.

Thanked by 2bersy ehab
  • WSSWSS Member

@VirMach said:
    If you only need two weeks for learning purposes, register with us and private message me your e-mail. I can cut you a good deal.

What if I only want two decades? Provided, of course, CC eventually implements IPv6. ;)

• Makes me wonder. What do people do with their windows box ? Is the purpose only to host asp.net ?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@VirMach said: BuyVM slices would probably be the cheapest, however, I'm not sure how they handle their 1/4 core CPU.

They give fair share access to the whole core, but have to keep average below 25% on base plan or 50% on 2nd plan. If you're hammering the CPU constantly then you get hard capped to 1/4 or 1/2 the clock speed.

yokowasis said: Makes me wonder. What do people do with their windows box ? Is the purpose only to host asp.net ?

From users who told me what they're doing:

• Plesk
    • Browsing/Working over RDP
    • Windows Gameservers
    • Teamspeak Server
    • Music Bot
    • Just liking windows because they can't handle linux commandline
  • marsonmarson Member
    edited August 2017

@yokowasis said:
    Makes me wonder. What do people do with their windows box ? Is the purpose only to host > asp.net ?

Partially you have answer in my post, sometimes it is just because of curiosity, like in my case, sometimes because of ASP.net and sometimes because of game server, I see a lot of posts asking about Windows offer just because somebody want to run specific game server.
    One more think. In the past I moved the site from one provider to my host, the site is based on wordpress, so normal PHP / mysql enviromment but it was on a very expensive Windows hosting ( around $200 / year. And I asked that person why he used so expensive hosting, based on Windows platform if his site is simple wordpress based on PHP. It was just because of my curious and he told me something like: "because I use Windows at home, at work etc. and I affraid of linux, I don't know linux so I will be unable to put my site on linux server). For us as a experienced users (in the most part) it could be funny but he was just owner of simple wordpress blog

• Vultr $2.50 plan

• @corbpie said:
    Vultr $2.50 plan

Great idea running windows on 512MB RAM :')

• @magicvpn said:

@corbpie said:
    Vultr $2.50 plan

it could be back to memories like working on 386 PC witch Windows 95 ;)

• WSSWSS Member

@marson said:

@magicvpn said:

@corbpie said:
    Vultr $2.50 plan

it could be back to memories like working on 386 PC witch Windows 95 ;)

The 386 would run rings around XP+ on 512MB.

• @DiggDigital

Have the f*ing decency to format your damn post. Your professionalism doesn't show with such an ugly post.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

You can have a look here : https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/123074 you can choose windows vps from 15 different locations.

• FlamesRunner said: @DiggDigital

Have the f*ing decency to format your damn post. Your professionalism doesn't show with such an ugly post.

Ho! Ho! Bad hair day? ;-) Come on, no reason to be that bad-tempered!

• Just checked your buyvm link - does buyvm still do cheap slices as every category of slice says it is "out of stock".

• mkshmksh Member

Since we all love necroposting how about going for Hetzner's cloud OP? They have Windows ISOs available and If you just need it for 2 weeks hourly billing could save you a couple cents.

• @mksh this is how "necroposting" happens. One does a general Google search about a VPS provider and then it brings up discussions about the cheap Windows VPS provider at Lower End Talk. As the slices are really low cost and it says Windows is for free on the Website I'm hoping to find out whether there are other LET members using it as if you check the site looks as though the offers are "out of stock" - maybe there is a reason for it that members of this discussion may know about. You can check the link below. My inquiry is a genuine inquiry.
    https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

• mkshmksh Member

@deanhills said:
    @mksh this is how "necroposting" happens. One does a general Google search about a VPS provider and then it brings up discussions about the cheap Windows VPS provider at Lower End Talk. As the slices are really low cost and it says Windows is for free on the Website I'm hoping to find out whether there are other LET members using it as if you check the site looks as though the offers are "out of stock" - maybe there is a reason for it that members of this discussion may know about. You can check the link below. My inquiry is a genuine inquiry.
    https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices

I am not a BuyVM costumer but from what i read they are practically perma sold out and i don't know if they provide windows licenses with the slices. Maybe @Francisco can clarify?

If you have a valid license yourself and germany/finland locations are OK for you Hetzner cloud might actually be a serious low cost alternative.

• MrMMrM Member

host4fun, spartanhost < best options :) cheap and solid

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

mksh said: I am not a BuyVM costumer but from what i read they are practically perma sold out and i don't know if they provide windows licenses with the slices. Maybe @Francisco can clarify?

Perma is an exaggeration. And yes, I know they do provide Windows licenses.

There's a nice chart of what you can expect as far as Windows performance by RAM size on their wiki (scroll down a little):

https://wiki.buyvm.net/doku.php/faq

Thanked by 1mksh
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2018

More stock on the way :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1mksh
  • yogeshzadeyogeshzade Member
    edited June 2018

I would like to suggest you to take from photonvps / vpsfast.net !
    Their prices are pretty decent :)

• @yogeshzade said:
    I would like to suggest you to take from photonvps / vpsfast.net !
    Their prices are pretty decent :)

Iirc vpsfast is banned on here for either being a bunch of twats, or for defrauding a customer. Not sure which one it was.

Thanked by 1yogeshzade
This discussion has been closed.