Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostChecker - Simple Server Monitoring - Major update
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostChecker - Simple Server Monitoring - Major update

DotALDotAL Member
edited July 2013 in General

Hello guys :)

Its been a while since the last topic regarding HostChecker, and well i decided to make a major update on the design and implementing several other features for hostchecker.

Since bootstrap 3.0 RC1 got out, i decided i would implement this design :) and it was pretty painless, straightforward thing :).

The boostrap 3.0 design is a FLAT one :) as far as i saw its looking pretty cool, later maybe i will work on the responsive side of the design ;).

Now, the new features do not work, unless you explicitly mark as a safe function the "exec()", now, i will try to figure out a way of doing the stuff without this specific function, but well it will take a while, since i have other plans at the moment.

Like always you can check the demo on:

http://www.sadiqevani.com/hostchecker/

And you can download the script on my github account:

https://www.github.com/sadiqevani/hostchecker/

Always for free :), let me know if there are bugs, or problems, and drop me an email if you have any other question :D. As i know i am a nice guy :P and i will reply to your emails.

Thanks and enjoy.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Hi Sadi. Can you test the mobile layout? The buttons "Ping" "Tracert" etc. go over the websites on the demo. Also is it multiserver? Can it be themed?

And again, Thanks!!

• DotALDotAL Member
    edited July 2013

Hi,

Like i said, responsive layout will be coming later not now :), since i have to modify the boostrap, and bootstrap 3 RC1, has some bugs, and i am waiting for the stable version so i can edit it later.

As for the multi server, no i wont work on that, this is a simple hostchecker :).

As for the themes, several websites provides bootstrap css modified, you can use them, but i dont think there are any modified css version at the moment.

edited July 2013

The idea for multiserver would be that when the user wants to tracert, ping, etc., he could choose a server from a list of predefined servers(in the admin panel) to do the operation with.

• DotALDotAL Member

I know, i did something like that on another script i made :), but like i said i have no plans on implementing such feature :).

This is a simple hostchecker, nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, I will wait on the design update. Can we edit it btw?(retaining your credits)

• DotALDotAL Member

Yes feel free to make changes :).

Installed: http://tools.radiclub.eu/hostchecker2/ . Gonna try to get somebody to add multi-server support for my LowEndSpirit-s. ;)

• I have problem when adding the following :

• www.cdns.asia
    • www.emx.asia

No more entry after that, just an error. Would anyone tried that :D

• DotALDotAL Member

Hi,

There are some small bugs, they will be fixed in the upcoming days. :)

Thanks.

@DotAL got my PM? :)

• DotALDotAL Member

Different one :), this one was my project 8 months ago :D

• Good job! Design is pretty and clear.

• haryhary Member

I wish there an api for sms gateway like twilio, playsms etc.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2013

Failed to check status of my website ;)

(AutoBoot is Undetectable)

• @hary, well maybe in the future i can implement something like that, but this is more as a hobby :)

• mawrmawr Member

I tried uploading it and I'm getting Error 500 server error. Do you have an example config file I might've done something wrong

• Hi,

on the config file you just have to add the database, thats it, try this:

1. chmod (file permissions
    2. any htaccess around (remove it)

What server and what conrol panel etc did you upload it ?

• mawrmawr Member

Thanks I got it, thought I had to edit the lib directory but I changed it back to default and it worked. :)

• Enjoy :)

• thanks DotAL
    I will put this in my kimsufi ;)

• "whois" function not work??

• @soldoni said:
    "whois" function not work??

You need to install jwhois.

• Pretty awesome, cant wait to try it out!

• @DotAL Can you optimize the ping and traceroute command please? (for speedup)
    set interval etc.

• Hello,

The ping has 2 functions, 1 is when exec is not working ( it uses fsocket to connect to a website and microtime to calculate the time of the connection).

The second function is more detailed, its the responsonse from your server, thus i would recommend enabling exec().

Thank

• @DotAL Great script :) The only thing missing is nslookup

• there is nameserver lookup :) check the DNS and select NS.

• @DotAL 1 - 0 for you ;) What about PTR lookup? ;)

• Well, it can be done :), maybe in the future ;)