Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap refurb / old servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap refurb / old servers

Evening all.

Does anyone know of any decent UK sellers of old server hardware. Will be doing a bit of dev work so will need a couple of decently beefy servers to run multiple VMs using Proxmox (or something similar).

I see quite a few US based server sellers but not many UK based ones.

Any help appreciated!

Thanked by 1Janevski

Comments

• eBay is your best option for cheap refurbs.

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

@Ishaq was selling off some old bits a while back.

Thanked by 2Fatboy Ishaq
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I have a bunch of old HP hardware, which I am looking to sell. Unfortunately, not located in UK and shipping is around 20EUR per machine to EU.

• @AlexBarakov said:
    I have a bunch of old HP hardware, which I am looking to sell. Unfortunately, not located in UK and shipping is around 20EUR per machine to EU.

What kind of hardware?

• Vouch for IntelligentServers, literally just bought rails for them. Bought a node from BargainHardware aswell, via eBay however.

• @AlexBarakov said:

Might be interested as well depending on what kind and prices.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Got mostly HP SE316M1 with variety of CPUs, starting from dual E5506, E5620, L5630, E5520, etc. . Anyone interested, please PM me and we'll try to make some kind of a deal. Can bundle them with up to 64gigs of RAM (if I recall the slots correctly).

• If Any1 has a energy efficiënt server (like a R210(ii)/DL160/180/360/80G*E) interested as well

Located in NLD

• I have one of these available:

HP DL360 G7, Dual Intel X series, 32G RAM, 1 x 250GB HDD (4 x 2.5" SFF hotswap bays w/ 2 caddies incl), 1 PSU, iLO.

Offers via PM.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

You can reach out to @Rob_T, he may have some Dell 55XX based processors about.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

In UK? :D

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Ishaq said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

In UK? :D

Vegas i'd assume :P

Francisco

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

I once bought a server from bargain, but there was thermal paste inside the socket which took me 2 hours and a lot of patience to clean out ... and they forgot to send me the included second psu ... but after i asked their support i got it fairly quick with free shipping.

But a company i know had already 2 servers which came to them with technical difficulties (had to be returned)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2017

Why would you bother with these electricity prices in the UK ? You can get a more powerful dedi than running costs of the old kit.

• @ChristianDSH said:

I once bought a server from bargain, but there was thermal paste inside the socket which took me 2 hours and a lot of patience to clean out ... and they forgot to send me the included second psu ... but after i asked their support i got it fairly quick with free shipping.

But a company i know had already 2 servers which came to them with technical difficulties (had to be returned)

Had a load of stuff from bargainhardware but had the same problem with missing add on cards and caddies. They have always sorted it out but bit of a pain like having to buy rails separately.

• @lurch said:

@ChristianDSH said:

Had a load of stuff from bargainhardware but had the same problem with missing add on cards and caddies. They have always sorted it out but bit of a pain like having to buy rails separately.

Actually.. now I think about it, they left out rails I ordered with my server. After I noticed they left them out, they refused to send it to my personal address and only to the listed delivery address (I had no longer decided to use them), they sent them and now I lost the rails completely.

• Cheers all - may send a couple of PMs in the morning.
    Thanks also for the reviews on bargainhardware - was having a look at their stuff earlier, not sure whether I will bother with them now!

• @Fatboy said:
    Cheers all - may send a couple of PMs in the morning.
    Thanks also for the reviews on bargainhardware - was having a look at their stuff earlier, not sure whether I will bother with them now!

I definetely would if you find something, they are always quick to send fixes if you are unfortunate.

Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

We have a large quantity of recently decom'd older gear which may be of interest?

Mostly things like PowerEdge 860's with older Xeon X3xxx CPU's - located in the Isle of Man.

• WSSWSS Member

RIP VortexNode.

• MarcoooMarcooo Member, Host Rep

We have dumped alot of older servers recently sadly. Have soms g8 in storage.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Wow the thread is from August 2017, as WSS was around.

• First post only for necroing..

This discussion has been closed.