Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VOIP / Redirected number
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VOIP / Redirected number

I need a UK landline number which redirects to a UK mobile number but I need it to be free for the other person instead of them getting charged. I looked online but I can see them coming with a certain amount of mins.

PH

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

Google Voice?

• @WSS said:
    Google Voice?

US only :(

• DanDan Member

What is your price point, how many minutes are you looking for?

• WSSWSS Member

Well crap.

No idea about these folks, but they're up on the-oogle ranks.

https://numberpeople.co.uk/number-divert-service/

• Tagging @pbgben. (Though I am not sure if I understood your requirement correctly). He offers VOIP numbers, maybe you can setup call forwarding.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited August 2017

CircleNet LLC is a nice little family company with both great expertise and service. You need to know a little about VoIP to use their service, but it's priced very nicely: United Kingdom $1.00 per month + $0.001 per minute.

CircleNet offers high quality inbound DIDs in many countries at unbeatable rates.
    CircleNet DIDs can be terminated on your SIP equipment using static IP authentication
    CircleNet DIDs can be terminated using username and password authentication for dynamic IP setups.
    CircleNet DIDs come with unlimited channels and excellent audio quality.
    CircleNet DIDs can be forwarded to external SIP URIs

• If you want something you can just set up and forget, try localphone.com (cheap) or sipgate.co.uk (reliable). Both will sell you a UK geographic number, with the option to redirect/forward to another number at your cost (ie you'll pay for the mobile leg).

• Try AAISP, it will cost about 1.25/month for a UK geographical number and then 3-4pence a minute for the redirect to mobile.

The cost of the redirect is payed by you rather than the person calling, which is actually pretty standard in the UK.

• You can get a "freephone" number beginning with the prefixes 0800, 0808 or 0500. I used to have a 0808 number and forwarded the calls over SIP to my mobile so I was just being charged data and the fee for the number.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@ramesh_vish said:
    Tagging @pbgben. (Though I am not sure if I understood your requirement correctly). He offers VOIP numbers, maybe you can setup call forwarding.

Thanks for the shout.

@piratehitman I can do that, $5/month and you can get a local number (Free to call from most landlines) and you will pay the mobile charge ($0.036/min)

• Oh My bad you want it to be totally free for the person calling, sorry I thought you meant they shouldn't pay for the redirect for some reason.

To early in the morning it seems.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

Would you be interested in some setup fee, and then totally free?
    The caller only pays not you...

• Nope

• @pbgben said:

@ramesh_vish said:
    Tagging @pbgben. (Though I am not sure if I understood your requirement correctly). He offers VOIP numbers, maybe you can setup call forwarding.

Thanks for the shout.

@piratehitman I can do that, $5/month and you can get a local number (Free to call from most landlines) and you will pay the mobile charge ($0.036/min)

PM-ing you.