Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Save Me From Delimiter - Need a New Dedicated Server Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Save Me From Delimiter - Need a New Dedicated Server Provider

GuyPGuyP Member
edited August 2017 in Providers

Please share any recommendations for a dedicated server provider that can offer the following for less than $29/month.

• 2.5Ghz+ Intel Quad or more
  • /29 subnet (non contiguous ok, 5 usable)
  • 16GB Ram
  • 256GB Disk
  • Some bandwidth at 100 Mbps (edit: apparently 1Gbps was too much to ask)
  • Free (Linux) OS deployment (I'll install, just need the ability to do so remotely)
  • In the US

Comments

• imokimok Member
    edited August 2017

Joe's Datacenter? I saw some servers at ~$30 a couple of days ago.

I was going to say @Virmach quarterly but they are OOS right now.

Also you can take a look at Dacentec, but nothing at this moment.

VortexNode is a zombie.

Fuck! Nothing at $29, raise your budget :P

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2017

I was looking for similar about 12 months back after having 16 similar dedis with Delimiter. Joe's datacenter was about the closest spec/price mentioned in that thread too, IIRC.

Can't find my original thread but it did have a bunch of suggestions.

Thanked by 1GuyP
  • HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2017

I was typing some recommendations until I saw the 1Gbps. You are truly a midget. Fuck off.

Respectfully.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • You have nocix

Then you have kimsufi, but that doesn't get you 1Gbps

Thanked by 1GuyP
  • GM5GM5 Member, Host Rep

@GuyP said:
    Please share any recommendations for a dedicated server provider that can offer the following for less than $29/month.

• 2.5Ghz+ Intel Quad or more
    • /29 subnet (non contiguous ok, 5 usable)
    • 16GB Ram
    • 256GB Disk
    • Some bandwidth at 1Gbps
    • Free (Linux) OS deployment (I'll install, just need the ability to do so remotely)
    • In the US

If you're willing to pay on an annual basis we can come fairly close to this pricing. We offer two months free on any annual purchase so the following plan is $350 per year which works out at $29.17 per month.

Dual L5420 (8 cores, 2.5Ghz, 12MB cache)    
    16 GB RAM    
    2x 500GB GB SATA 7200RPM
    /29 IPv4  
    5 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps

We can also attach a temporary KVM should you wish to do the installation yourself.

• @DatabaseByDesignLLC They might be able to do it

• @ricardo said:
    I was looking for similar about 12 months back after having 16 similar dedis with Delimiter. Joe's datacenter was about the closest spec/price mentioned in that thread too, IIRC.

Can't find my original thread but it did have a bunch of suggestions.

Found your post https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/90149/looking-for-a-price-match-16-dedis#latest

Thanked by 2GuyP ricardo
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Either use ovh/kimsufi/online.net/hetzner the bulk providers where you are just an unimportant number but they have pretty good automation or just stick with delimiter, for that budget you are just going to go from a pile of shit to a turd and continue to get frustrated, it's like buying a $200 car, it's never going to be be a wise long term decision.

• I've been happy with ovh/kimsufi/online.net/hetzner though I'm mostly a CPU and storage user, and not too fussy about consistent network performance. I'd like to migrate some stuff to the western US and I see Quickpacket offering good LA deals all the time, though not below $30 that I can remember. More like $50 for a fairly beefy E3, which is pretty good for the location.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Yeah, that's a funny bit.

Your budget is extremely low, you get a shitty service because that's what you pay for. You intend to pay the same ridiculously low amount of money to someone else and expect them to deliver better service ? I can't see it happening. As @AnthonySmith said.

Either increase your budget, or if your budget can't afford it, adjust your application in such a way so it fits on a VPS, or adjust your expectations and accept there might be weeks where you have 0% uptime for the price you're prepared to pay.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

QuickPacket has Xeon E3-1270 with 16GB RAM and 250GB SSD for $50 per month. Let me know if you are interested in proceeding.