Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Root server SSD vs SAS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Root server SSD vs SAS

2»

Comments

• I still have one of those 640 GB servers from a special offer. No idea which one, but I really like it.

• The overview page listed above shows just 120, so I think that RS1000 is much better with +200 storage and double RAM for +€1

• @advarisk said:
    The overview page listed above shows just 120, so I think that RS1000 is much better with +200 storage and double RAM for +€1

maybe, but in the details it says 4x120 which makes it 240GB in raid10, as said before that will be what you get when ordering ;-)

also it differs 2€ unless you know of older offers for the RS1000 which of course still may be working and make it less. sadly the old rs500 offers aren't available anymore.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited August 2017

240GB in raid 10 vs 320GB single disk? I'd be picking the 240GB RAID10 IMO. Seems pretty sweet.

Don't happen to have any coupon codes for the R500 @Falzo?

• @caracal said:
    240GB in raid 10 vs 320GB single disk? I'd be picking the 240GB RAID10 IMO. Seems pretty sweet.

Don't happen to have any coupon codes for the R500 @Falzo?

Check his sig:
    with 5€ off 1st order: 36nc15005674350 / 36nc15033878218

• @Falzo said:

@advarisk said:
    The overview page listed above shows just 120, so I think that RS1000 is much better with +200 storage and double RAM for +€1

maybe, but in the details it says 4x120 which makes it 240GB in raid10, as said before that will be what you get when ordering ;-)

also it differs 2€ unless you know of older offers for the RS1000 which of course still may be working and make it less. sadly the old rs500 offers aren't available anymore.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1552 still works. And I thought all of the servers were RAID 10...

• @advarisk said:

@Falzo said:

@advarisk said:

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1552 still works. And I thought all of the servers were RAID 10...

yes that's right :-) and I know of the orderlinks...

all their servers are in raid10 so the rs500 will give 240GB usable space while the rs1000 will give 320GB usable. anyways, no need to argue any further, I guess anyone can decide for themselves what they need or want - after all we just should agree that any of their products is to be recommended.

@caracal: sadly this one isn't available via older orderlinks, the only coupon codes which would apply to this are the 5€ off first order, so only one time and for new customers only.

maybe worth to wait for blackfriday/christmas - I am pretty sure they come up with something more 'special' than what their usual 'sale' has to offer ^^