Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self hosted WebDAV over PHP or WebDAV hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self hosted WebDAV over PHP or WebDAV hosting?

sanvitsanvit Member

Hi is there any installable WebDAV script (on PHP shared host/NOT ownCloud,nextCloud) or WebDAV hosting(ideally located on location that has fast speed to Korea Telecom but not a big deal)? It needs to support user management(with user quota management). Last time I used ownCloud with VestaCP on vultr, and it didn't work out that great, so I want either a simple install script that works out-of-the-box or a hosted solution (something like TransIP's STACK). Thanks!

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

http://sabre.io/

Says it's a PHP framework. Never used it so not sure how easy / useful it is.

• +1 for sabre it really works

• I believe sabre is the DAV back-end used by ownCloud / nextCloud.

• I also used sabre last time I needed WebDAV on a blank server.

• Any reason you can't just use the apache module? I guess the complex bit would be quotas... you can run apache as root and use filesystem quotas. Guess it depends on what you are trying to do. I know you have ruled out nextcloud / owncloud, I guess I would ask how long ago. NextCloud 12 is pretty stable.

• I've used Sabre in the past. Pretty solid, tbh.

• @michaels said:
    Any reason you can't just use the apache module? I guess the complex bit would be quotas... you can run apache as root and use filesystem quotas. Guess it depends on what you are trying to do. I know you have ruled out nextcloud / owncloud, I guess I would ask how long ago. NextCloud 12 is pretty stable.

for webdav only nextcloud is too much

• nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited August 2017

I installed WsgiDAV recently, which I like a lot, as its totally easy to configure. I run it via systemd.

https://github.com/mar10/wsgidav