Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS 5.2.7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS 5.2.7

NetxonsNetxons Member
edited July 2013 in General

How many of you has been upgraded to the latest WHMCS 5.2.7, Did you facing any issues after upgraded? Please share...

Thanked by 1ModulesGarden

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Updated from 5.2.5 tp 5.2.6 then to 5.2.7 no issues at all.

• Opss my bad amended and thank head up =)

• My transition was flawless.

• If it goes for pure WHMCS, no problems so far. It will take some time until we track some bugs like we did in 5.2.5. A couple of our modules requires a little update but shouldn't be a big deal and we are on it.

• Another one?!

• Apparently, they're also packaging .DS_Store files now?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    Apparently, they're also packaging .DS_Store files now?

I just deleted them all

• Does the same old search bug appear, which shows 9 copy's of every entry?

I've had a god damn ticket open since the 10th of May regarding that and as of 5.2.6 its STILL unfixed.

• @GetKVM_Ash said:
    Does the same old search bug appear, which shows 9 copy's of every entry?

I've had a god damn ticket open since the 10th of May regarding that and as of 5.2.6 its STILL unfixed.

I haven't had that issue in a while, but it randomly crops up for me from time to time. When I reported it a month ago they made it sound like they didn't know about it.

• I'm still seeing it when searching via criteria, its seriously annoying and makes hard work of such a simple job. I've just updated the ticket since i never received anything other than "We're aware of this" on the 10th of May.

Roll on Blesta.

• @GetKVM_Ash said:
    Roll on Blesta.

I wish Blesta was a more complete solution on official release. It's looking really good and the dev team over @Blesta rock, it's just not quite up to snuff for what I need it to be just yet.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

i found some problems with orders delete, seems it's a bug.

• revnjarevnja Member

I upgraded to 5.2.7 using Softaculous just fine. It hasn't affected my day-to-day at all with anything. I am working on testing out a lot of things with the Blesta v3 beta and plan to transition over to v3 when it's official if things work okay (so far, things are working GREAT)

• @SkylarM said:
    I wish Blesta was a more complete solution on official release. It's looking really good and the dev team over Blesta rock, it's just not quite up to snuff for what I need it to be just yet.

Just curious, what it is lacking right now?

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited July 2013

@zhuanyi said:
    Just curious, what it is lacking right now?

Few things:
    Auto provisioning of things such as Dedicated IP (cPanel), additional resources for Solus (addon ram, location selector, additional ip). KVM is missing password output via API with re-install (they are aware and working on a fix for release on that).

Order forms are clunky. You can setup the above via their Universal module so that it charges them for it, but again doesn't auto-provision. You cannot reword "Default" to something like "None" or "0" in the case of addon IPs. For some reason these all are on a separate number in line (it's on step 3 instead of step 2 with the OS selection and hostname input).

There are a few other VERY MINOR issues, but they need to make order forms more fluid and support provisioning of things such as IPs. Addon purchases such as cPanel and DirectAdmin and (as a consequence of the lack of auto-provisioning) IPs/Ram/Location selection are somewhat a pain to setup, and then still requires manual verification and modification after the order has already been deployed.

Things that I'd call minor:
    No link to management portal if you decide to set one for solusvm, no cPanel link. No buycpanel module to tie into auto-purchasing cPanel licenses (this will come in time by BuycPanel I imagine),

Some qerks such as no support section on the client index, the software is VERY compartmentalized at the moment, Support being an additional module you have the option to install is fine but it needs to look more fluid from a client frontend as a complete solution, and not on a separate tab out of the way.

I could think of more, but that's a general idea. There's a good chance I'll be switching shortly after launch for the sake of getting off of WHMCS, but that does mean dealing with issues that will likely not be fixed until 3.1 -- Paul@Blesta did say they fully intend to make another pass at modules such as SolusVM and make the Order forms + auto provision more logical, but there's no eta on when 3.1 will be. If you're looking for a complete solution, Blesta will have to mature a bit before it's ready for that. You can run your business off of it at launch, but in most cases it will cause additional work on the provider's end.

In the end the guys at Blesta actually listen to us, so things that WHMCS has that people feel are a must have will eventually make it into Blesta with enough people asking for it, but it will take some time to mature. The biggest benefit is only ~2 files are encoded and from what I've gathered pretty easy to work with so if something isn't to your liking and you're good with coding you can improve the software and wire your own code to fit into it. Give it 3-6 months and it will be as good or better than WHMCS functionality wise.

• @SkylarM said:
    In the end the guys at Blesta actually listen to us, so things that WHMCS has that people feel are a must have will eventually make it into Blesta with enough people asking for it, but it will take some time to mature. The biggest benefit is only ~2 files are encoded and from what I've gathered pretty easy to work with so if something isn't to your liking and you're good with coding you can improve the software and wire your own code to fit into it. Give it 3-6 months and it will be as good or better than WHMCS functionality wise.

Thanks your infomotion =) We upgraded as well.