Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I AM ROOT ! Why I can't do any shit with this folder.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I AM ROOT ! Why I can't do any shit with this folder.

Cant chown, cant chmod. I don't know what to do. It is readonly and I am unable to do anything about it.

Comments

• Someone get same trouble last month IIRC chattr solve the trouble

• I end up rename its parent directory into something else, and copy the content into the created folder. Since I can't delete it, I have no choice but let it rot there for eternity.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited August 2017

man lsattr and man chattr

• Looks like it is immutable.

Try:

lsattr

And:
    chattr -i [folder]

Then try to delete.

• WSSWSS Member

I came here to actually offer useful help, and I have been so thoroughly beaten by other weirdos deciding to do the same. THIS DOESN'T COUNT AS COMMUNITY SERVICE, @bsdguy!

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • Not a best practise though.

• @WSS said:
    I came here to actually offer useful help, and I have been so thoroughly beaten by other weirdos deciding to do the same. THIS DOESN'T COUNT AS COMMUNITY SERVICE, @bsdguy!

Don't you worry, after all this is LET where a concise, good answer to a question gets far less "thank yous" than an idiotic "funny gif". Just trump them with an even more idiotic and irrelevant image and you'll get hero status ;)

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:

@WSS said:

Don't you worry, after all this is LET where a concise, good answer to a question gets far less "thank yous" than an idiotic "funny gif". Just trump them with an even more idiotic and irrelevant image and you'll get hero status ;)

• Because you are NOT GROOT!

• They used to use castor oil back in the day, not sure how helpful a folder is.

• fake root

• Use windows lululul

• Check with lsattr

• Root in Person of Interest

Thanked by 2Tom marianu